Check In

Couch Tomato

Hello, FCA!

I jumped right into posting a few days ago without introducing myself. I'm Carolina Clay at Clayversity, the same with no space on ezboards (or whatever they are now) and the OFC. I usually post once daily in CV's main thread, but many times in the Paint Shop Pro Forum where I am a cheerleader, a position I take very seriously. :nanalove:

I began writing for a newspaper when I was 16, planned to major in journalism, but switched to music because I was living in the music department ... playing all the time ... in groups ... on my oboe. New paragraph! :lol:

Married a Texan and finished my music ed degree at UT-El Paso, taught band/orchestra in Lubbock, worked for a couple of West Texas newspapers, and moved to Nashville when my husband had to change his lifestyle due to high blood pressure. He also was a band director. We raised a daughter, and he played country music, though we both continued performing in classical groups, too. I taught privately, as well as in the public schools.

We split, though we're still very good friends; and I moved home to NC where I completed several more years as an orchestra teacher. I retired early and now teach an interesting group of private students violin, viola, oboe, flute, and piano. Our recitals are never boring. :P

I loved the VOX the minute I heard Clay sing in 2003, and I've been following him ever since. In 2005, my friend Sally, also a new FCA member, talked me into writing a blog at the OFC. I didn't know one thing about HTML codes, but she gave me links and helped get me started. Last summer I started posting the OFC entries on Blogspot: Carolina On My Mind.

The few days I've been here I have seen lots of familiar names, some I have been missing at CV; and I really enjoy this board. Many thnx to Cindilu2 for the invite. Finally, I am ding dang glad that Bottlecap brought over her CV avatar! :)

Caro :music:

P.S. You mean you didn't want a book? :cryingwlaughter:

Hey you taught music and orchestra???? You must;ve been good at the little quizes last tour.

You must be thrilled that Clay is working with orchestras now...I wonder if he will have new ways to get the orchestra involved with his banter...

Hey you taught music and orchestra???? You must've been good at the little quizes last tour.

I knew most of them without a musical dictionary. :lol:

When Clay performed in Greensboro, I called one of the 1st violinists the next day and "interviewed" her for my blog. She said they loved working with him and talked about what a professional he is.

During dinner, he told them about the terms and the fact that one group had helped him make up a word. He asked the G'oro Symphony to help come up with a really tough term, which they did -- flagioleto or flagioletto, depending on how one spells the word. :)

Caro

*waves*

Hi. I'm JaMar at CV but jamar1700 everywhere else..

I can't believe I'm doing this again. I swore I was just about done with the CA message board thing. But I've been reading here for a couple of months and finally decided to take the plunge because this seems like a different sort of place.

Thanks to ansa for taking care of my little email issue and helping me get validated this morning

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm so excited to see Clay this summer I can hardly stand it! I'll be going to Tulsa and the Calif 3fer!

:Tour3:

eta : :nanadance2: <---- this.......is a dancing banana with moose antlers! I'll be taking him to my MLB board. Cuz we got Canadians.

Edited by jamar1700

I loved the VOX the minute I heard Clay sing in 2003, and I've been following him ever since. In 2005, my friend Sally, also a new FCA member, talked me into writing a blog at the OFC. I didn't know one thing about HTML codes, but she gave me links and helped get me started. Last summer I started posting the OFC entries on Blogspot: Carolina On My Mind.

Hey Caro..thanks for telling us a bit about yourself. I'm familiar with your blog. Great job you do on it. I'm more in the Clay Aiken school of blogging! :cryingwlaughter:

Well FCA used to pride itself in having no experts heeee..now we have you and Gibby (and anybody else I may be forgetting don't shoot me) hee. Ansa has someone knowledgeable to talk to cuz everything she says to me goes right over my head. Usually...wow he sounded great is all I have to say.

Hey jamar -- glad you're here! Would you like a drink?

:bier:

Caro, that's cool hearing that story about interviewing the first violinist in one of the orchestras, and what they had to say about Clay. And EEEEEEEE! Another musician!!!!!!!! Finally, spent some time poking around your blog -- it's neat!

Caro, that's cool hearing that story about interviewing the first violinist in one of the orchestras, and what they had to say about Clay. And EEEEEEEE! Another musician!!!!!!!! Finally, spent some time poking around your blog -- it's neat!

Thnx! If you are passing out refreshments, I'll take some vino. :eusa_whistle:

Caro :music:

Fascinating background Caro, thanks for sharing that.

Welcome to JaMar...........I've already had the pleasure of meeting her and I can't wait to run into you again at Tulsa. Where is your side kick? I forgot her name, I'm sorry. I have an oxygen to the brain deficiency!!! LOL Be sure to holler at me, if you see me at the fan party. It's going to be so exciting isn't it?

I can't wait to run into you again at Tulsa. Where is your side kick? I forgot her name, I'm sorry.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Howdy Clayzor!

Creole's around. She's just not on the public boards much anymore. But she's as big a fan as ever and my tireless Clay Tour Travel Buddy. We are SO looking forward to Tulsa. I don't think we're doing the preparty. We sort of gave them up after the NAT. But I'm sure we'll run into you at some point during the weekend.

Are you staying at the hotel?

Maybe we can have a drink before or after? :RedGuy:

Edited by jamar1700

Hey everyone. I'm new on this site..Not a new clay fan. been that since he first walked out on that stage in season 2.. anyway just thought i would post here first..