Aug 8, Wolftrap, Vienna VA

Ansamcw

from cb:

clay sings LAY DOWN WITH ME and the crowd said OK -- THEN LAUGH

Time for Q to shine. I must say she RAWKED THE HOUSE IN CARY!!! I was a big Whitney fan before she got dumped off the turnip truck and married B.Brown and Q is just as good! She might not have as much power but she can BRING IT!!!

--

I Can't Make You Love Me....

The most exquisite of all....sang the whole thing with his eyes closed, filled with emotion.......enough to make you want to just demand a full version......someone run over and let jaymes know we need it all.....full length....and tell her to speed it up too!

----

Quaina singing..

Voice soaring on IWALY...

Getting applause appreciation from the crows..

Give this girl a record deal..

Wow..she is fantastic!!

---

Did Quiana just have a Random Lyric Generator moment on IWALY? I didn't hear her say, "Bittersweet" before "memories," but I could be wrong. Sounding excellent, though.

---

Here we are our favorite decade the 00's

Band intro's now.......

From St. Louis Missour`a........S'Von!!!!

He's getting the words to WYSYLM organized in his head now, I'm sure.......checking his card catalog and searching deep, to be sure to get them right.....

---

IWCY big bold guitar cords......full drummage......very nice...he so loves to sing this song

---

The Way

And the reasons they may change, but what I'm feeling stays the same..

It's the way I want you tonight..(we want you always Clay..cause we love you!)

WYSYLM

When you say you love me, do you mean it? (Yes Clay we mean it!)

---

Sang the Way with his hand in his pocket....

someone threw a hat at him earlier and he just gave it to the granny in the front row.....

WYSYLM is perfect tonight.....

Get ready here we go, please don't let the connection die now!

---

from cb:

If I heard this correct clay took someone's hat from the crowd earlier when intro to band but did not put on one of them "cuz he will mess his hair" now during his songs of 2003 he returned it to the lady and took her hand. (not sure I got that right)

Crowd really getting into WYSYLM. And Clay is good to go with the lyrics.

It actually sounds to me like a pretty feisty audience.

Introducing new songs. "1000 Days" now.

---

Sorry gang. I'm on AOL and crashed. He's singing 1000 nights or whatever it is now! I like this song!!!

voice so strong and beautiful I can see backups waving their arms in the air!!!!

Just hit that long noteeeeeeee. Sorry I don't know any lyrics for this one!

---

Album should be out sometime.....

1000 Days.....sounds like he's lowered it....

Voice building......chorus 1000 Days, 1000 Nights, rockin hawt.....Big Chorus and pulls it back nice and low.....

Building again.......Here comes the glory note....sounded like glory note went to the back ups again..............angela pretty prominent in the background ......

applause and endless screaming, said he was really into that song......

---

1,000 Days..(connection breaking up on this one)

Almost over..sounding good..audience clapping like crazy now at the end..

Into next song..

BFM..(I love this one!)

Crowd clapping along..

---

Big ovation after 1000 Days/nights

now onto BFM and sounds like crowd is clapping along or it's just the drummer ratta tat tatting.

Never been much on love songs

A little too lcose to home

song all about us, what do they know about us?

Cuz it's all over the RADIO

Cuts me deep with every word

saddest song I've ever heard

keep coming back more

makes me feel like I can't breathe

hear a song I'm addicted too

so I keep coming back for more!

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!1

---

Clay sounding great on "1000 Days" -- he gets more effective on this vocally with each passing performance. HUGE response to the song. Extended and very, very loud applause.

And HUGE applause and screams greet BFM.

---

Oh man..Clay is rocking out on this song...

On the radio..the radio, the radio!!!

---

BFM Crowd has taken over this song.....can barely hear clay but the crowd's doing a fine job!!!

---

HUGE SCREAMS AFTER BFM

and on into

Invisible

CROW IS CLAPPING AND SINGING ALONG. VOICE STILL STRONG.

IF I WAS INVISIBLE

THEN I COULD JUST WATCH YOU IN YOUR ROO

IF I WAS INVINCIBLE, I'D MAKE YO MINE TONIGHT

MUST HAVE TUGGED CUZ THEY CHEER WILDLY

SMARTEST MAN.....Wait I already am

Massive screams and whistles after BFM!!

Invisible!!

Need shirt tugs..c'mon Clay..

Just heard screams..he must have given them what we and they want..a Tug!!!

---

Clay's vocals tonight really have been amazing -- you can tell even over the cellstream. The crowd sounds like it is really into the song! Screams and singing along.

The crowd is NUTS for this song. Incredibly loud. (BFM)

---

The crows are singing along...

Reach out....

Even when I scream out...

I am nothing without you...

Just a shadow passing thru..

Screams... and wooo's!!

---

Crowd going crazy......screaming and screaming and lots of woo hooing.....here comes his Tugness.....bon~boning..his way across the stage.....

If hearts were unbreakable.....filled with a nice full tug.....

Crowd still singing and bopping along.....they love him, he loves them.......

Second tuggage.......

Big ending..........the excitment is building.....wait I already am.....

The screaming begins...............30 seconds now.....45.....building....no sign of let up....somebody's gonna be sorry in the morning.....over a minute now ......it continues.......

---

from CB:

Crowd going crazy......screaming and screaming and lots of woo hooing.....here comes his Tugness.....bon~boning..his way across the stage.....

If hearts were unbreakable.....filled with a nice full tug.....

Crowd still singing and bopping along.....they love him, he loves them.......

Second tuggage.......

Big ending..........the excitment is building.....wait I already am.....

The screaming begins...............30 seconds now.....45.....building....no sign of let up....somebody's gonna be sorry in the morning.....over a minute now ......it continues.......

---

Ending Invisible on a power note. For some reason, I still see him going into the MOTHER SHIP!!!

Crowd is really all into it. My connection was pretty clear tonight!

CROWD ERUPTS AS SONG ENDS!!! Clay must be getting them to cheer louder cuz they are getting louder and louder. Not stopping, not wanting him to leave, wanting to soak it all end. he just said something. I couldn't make it out in Cary nor could I here. he smashes the jukebox and it's over!

Well, I had about 10,000 things I needed to do tonight to get ready for my vacation but decided to spend it with my cellies. Hope I didn't make a fool outta myself cuz you know us reporters don't spellcheck at this time!

Have a great night everybody.

---

From CH:

Did Quiana just have a Random Lyric Generator moment on IWALY? I didn't hear her say, "Bittersweet" before "memories," but I could be wrong. Sounding excellent, though.

-----

crowd reacted way before Q finished her song great response from crowd at end.

yes they did stand again for her

-----

Introducing the band and everyone that makes the show possible..

-----

IWCY

-----

TW

-----

WYSYLM

----

Sang the Way with his hand in his pocket....

someone threw a hat at him earlier and he just gave it to the granny in the front row.....

WYSYLM is perfect tonight.....

Get ready here we go, please don't let the connection die now!

------

If I heard this correct clay took someone's hat from the crowd earlier when intro to band but did not put on one of them "cuz he will mess his hair" now during his songs of 2003 he returned it to the lady and took her hand. (not sure I got that right)

-----

Crowd really getting into WYSYLM. And Clay is good to go with the lyrics.

It actually sounds to me like a pretty feisty audience.

Introducing new songs. "1000 Days" now.

-----

voice so strong and beautiful I can see backups waving their arms in the air!!!!

Just hit that long noteeeeeeee.

-----

1000 Days.....sounds like he's lowered it....

Voice building......chorus 1000 Days, 1000 Nights, rockin hawt.....Big Chorus and pulls it back nice and low.....

Building again.......Here comes the glory note....sounded like glory note went to the back ups again..............angela pretty prominent in the background ......

applause and endless screaming, said he was really into that song......

-----

Clay sounding great on "1000 Days" -- he gets more effective on this vocally with each passing performance. HUGE response to the song. Extended and very, very loud applause.

And HUGE applause and screams greet BFM.

BFM Crowd has taken over this song.....can barely hear clay but the crowd's doing a fine job!!!

-----

Clay's vocals tonight really have been amazing -- you can tell even over the cellstream. The crowd sounds like it is really into the song! Screams and singing along.

The crowd is NUTS for this song. Incredibly loud.

-----

Massive screams and whistles after BFM!!

Invisible!!

Need shirt tugs..c'mon Clay..

Just heard screams..he must have given them what we and they want..a Tug!!!

-----

HUGE, completely out-of-control cheers as the concert ends. Enormous reception. Seriously. I almost feel like the band is playing out for longer because the crowd is so loud and so into it.

The crowd is still cheering a good minute after the band stopped playing.

from cellstream:

elzicord reports that the concert was awesome.

Angela did instigate thing during WDC, running away from Clay when he went over to her, then getting ice and throwing it down his shirt. During the 2nd verse, Clay wiggled the ice out of his shirt and put it down shirt.

Clay sang the whole of "Sailing" with a smirk on his face, because he was apparently keeping time on Angela's foot during the song.

During the 90s banter, Clay said that he was sure that everyone is wondering what is going on between him and Angela tonight. So Clay said that Angela had asked him out tonight, so he had to let her down gently and insist that they were just friends, and she had been trying to get him back all night. He let Quiana and Jacob stop dancing and made Angela continue. The whole time, Angela was shaking her head, "No, no."

The cellcerters are pissed off by the screamer during ICMYLM.

Just wanted to share this tonight . .

A friend of mine (MotherSuperior) who is on the LBFCA board attended Wolftrap tonight. (I wanted to wait until after the concert . . ) Here is her story . .

I work with her sister out her in Illinois, but Kathy lives out in Virginia. She has had cancer for the past year and is very ill. She has been put into hospice and miraculously was released. She remains bedridden at home, but she has said all sumemr that her goal was to make it to the Wolftrap concert. She was adamant that she would make it- even when the people around her didn't believe she would. God's hand helped her make it to the concert tonight. Some of her friends arranged for an ambulance to take her to the concert and home again. She attended the concert on a gurney and loved every minute!

After the concert she was being loaded into the ambulance to go home and Clay got into the ambulance to chat with her. She had her picture taken with him and he just sat and chatted. This was beyond any expectation she ever had. I am so happy for her.

eta: Kathy's screenname

Thought you may enjoy the story. .

Anyway...a little Clackalert:

We put up the spotlightlover Cary series in the FCA Cary Webpage as well as the full concert Mp3 from Deborah. These clack are highly recommended.

The Deborah760 full concert MP3 of Wolf trap is also up in the FCA Wolftrap page

The videos will follow. The pictures will be up today.