Aug. 10, Musikfest

Ansamcw

From the CH:

From Clayboard, Clayversity, etc.

It is not a sellout with a few lawn seats left but it might as well be.

-----

also, it is very, very hot but they are very glad it is not raining.

SHe said the radio station did do an interview with CLay this monrning and wondered if it was posted on the board. I wasn't sure as I had been at work all day. The radio station also gave away tickets.

-----

Cellstream reports that stage setup is different tonight, there are no backdrops. Lots of 19-20 year olds in the audience.

-----

She said they have projection screens up where they are doing the text messaging.

-----

It is starting. Band looking for a quarter.

Can't hear very well, so another rip from the CH:

The songs move so fast.

Great Pretender.

She said he looks "really really good".

TELL ME SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW!!!

-----

Just like last year- corporate sponsors sitting everyone else rockin out!!!

They are in VIP 2 and are showin Clay the love.

mr. Sandman....

-----

That'll be the day...

-----

Great balls of fire

-----

Barb said he gets into this song more than he used to...

-----

LOTS of screaming to GBOF

-----

The 50s medley sounded great!! Great response.

Clay is greeting Pennsylvania -- he mucked up something about the banter, and made a couple of cracks about it that had the audience was laughing quite a lot.

-----

He's talking. Wish I could hear him!

Oh they all laughed, Barb thinks that some lady said "you can come home with me" he said "oh that's sweet of you, we'll just stay right here. Somebody throw some ice water on her"

Getting ready for UM.

3/4 of venue is sitting down, only part of the sections are standing up.

Many thanks to Filomena of the CH:

The crowd is listening respectfully as Clay sings "Unchained Melody." This should make for excellent Clack! Clay is sounding beautiful.

Big, big cheers greet that falsetto "need," which was amazing.

Great response as the song ends.

beauzzartz was trying to say something about the set (as in the background) tonight -- couldn't make it out.

Introducing Elvis medley now.

-----

HE'S OVER AT THE PIANO NOW. SHE SAW HIM CHANGES HIS SHOES FOR THE FIRST TIME!! HAHA!! HE SAID I'M HAVING TROUBLE DOWN THERE.... .... AND I'M ABOUT TO RUIN HIS MUSIC... PIANO NOW. LMT

-----

ooops sour piano note...oops!

-----

HE HIT A BAD NOTE AND MADE A FUNNY FACE!!

AGAIN SHE SAID "HE'S SO ADORABLE"!

WE KNOW ALREADY!!

NOW HOUND DOG! AND BLUE SUEDE SHOES!

DON'T BE CRUEL....

HEARTBREAK HOTEL... SCREAMS... LORD HE SOUNDS LIKE ELVIS INCARNATED!!! NOW JAILHOUSE ROCK. BARB SAID HE'S GOTTEN MUCH BETTER AT JHR.

THESE GO FAST.

-----

"Can't Help Falling In Love With You" -- did someone say that the lighters were out for this? I'm having trouble making out what people are saying. But Clay sounds beautiful singing, for sure.

Big screams as the CHFILWY ends and SM begins -- more clapping along.

-----

no back drops at all.

Not the usual ones that say 50's, 60's etc....

-----

SM sounding really great. Audience definitely clapping along. 

Clay emerges for "Daydream Believer," greeted by appreciative screamers.

-----

Huge cheers for Suspicious Minds.....I think they blew out my phone....

Crowd seems to be not yelling during songs....

60's....Awhhh.. I love me some Daydream Believer.....

-----

BARB SAID IT'S A WEIRD CROWD, THEY ARE MOSTLY SITTING, NEVER SAW THAT BEFORE...

------

CAN'T BUY ME LOVE... HEAD BOB IS JUST HYSTERICAL, HE'S GONNA GET WHIPLASH!!

-----

they are laughing at his Paul mcCartney head bob....

-----

"Can't Buy Me Love" got a great response -- and I heard our cellcerter giggling, so I assume the bobble-heading was in full effect.

"Sugar Sugar" -- some intermittent screams throughout the song.

-----

NOW SUGAR SUGAR, HE'S WITH ANGELA, HE MADE HER LAUGH...

NOW HE'S WITH QUIANA...

HE'S TRYING HARD NOT TO LAUGH... HAPPY TOGETHER, ANGELA IS LAYING HER HEAD ON HIS SHOULDER, SHE WAS DOING SOMETHING WITH HER HAND BEHIND HIS BACK, MAYBE TICKLING HIM, HE GRABED ONTO IT AND HELD IT...

-----

"So Happy Together" -- sounding really great -- a little bit of audience laughter (in appreciation. Clay really sounding fantastic on this.

-----

Happy Together

CLay is grabbing Quiana's hair and it looks like she is trying to pinch him...

wait...

PINCH HIM WHERE??????

He looks very handsome tonight, but what else is new...

-----

Solitaire

-----

And...we're clear into the 2nd verse of "Solitaire"! And into the 2nd chorus!

"A little hope...goes up in smoke."

Glory note sounding wonderful -- lots of cheering! That devastated "Oh!" sounded perfect.

Tremendous response as "Solitaire" ends.

-----

He survived Solitaire! perfect Screams on all glory notes......hit all the notes! eeek! 

THEY STOOD UP TO APPLUAD HIM THEN SAT BACK DOWN.

VERY STRANGE.

BABY BABY... WHERE DID OUR LOVE GO...

-----

Motown medley -- Clay introduced it, playing a Pip now on "Midnight Train to Georgia." Drawing screams every time he does something cute, so, needless to say, the screams are nearly continuous. *g*

-----

HE'S A PIP... HE'S PRETTY PLEASED WITH HIMSELF, HE GOT THAT FIRST PART RIGHT!!!

-----

doing cute PIP dance....oh Clay you can so dance.....

and you know we know you know you can dance so let loose baybeh!!

-----

MY GIRL...

-----

Big cheers greeting the end of "My Girl." "Tears of a Clown" now -- screams and clapping along. Clay sounding great -- cheers as he hits the chorus.

"Rescue Me" now.

-----

RESCUE ME.... SING IT SISTA!

GRAPEVINE, GIMME SOME FUNKY SOUL!!!

-----

I'LL BE THERE...

THEY SOUND GOOD TOGETHER... SCREAMS...

THINK!!!!!!! WOW, SHE'S HOT!

-----

Jacob did a great job on "I Heard It Through the Grapevine."

Clay really belting on "I'll Be There" -- drawing especially big crowd response on this one! Feels like more of the audience is clapping along now. Big cheers as this one ends.

"Think" now. I've finally realized this song isn't actually called "Freedom." Angela sounding excellent.

-----

HE'S TALKING.. ABOUT THE 60'S, THEY HAVE PLENTY OF RHYTHUM & PLENTY OF ATTITUDE, I DON'T HAVE EITHER... SOMEBODY YELLED, HE SAID I'M AFRAID OF YOU, HE SAID HOW OLD ARE YOU, SHE SAID 16, HE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT BREAKING LAWS TO COME DOWN THERE.. 

Talking about funk now.

Says he'll get it right one of these days but now he'll get help from the audience.

-----

Clay looking for some help for the 70s -- someone with funk.

Lots of yelling and screaming as Clay looks for the chosen audience member.

-----

gads they are laughing and hollering and going nuts

-----

Clay interviewed an engaged couple, bringing the guy up to participate. It was funny -- the audience was really into it.

"Ain't No Mountain High Enough" now -- Clay sounding fantastic. Encouraging the audience to sing along, which it is doing enthusiastically.

You know, it's silly, but I'm starting to get nervous for him during cellcerts like I used to before his performances on AI. I don't know why. Regarding Solitaire, it seems to me that he had a few times on the NAT where the ARLG would kick in, but he always was able to pull it off.

To repeat, the demo in attendance tonight is very young -- Lots of people in their late teens or early 20s there.

Clay looks like he has a flashlight under his chin on the jumbotrons, thanks to the lighting. Eep.

Text messaging is mostly people talking to each other. Someone wants people to sit down. Someone texted a message, "Not everyone is as rich as you. Be considerate! Love, The Back." Hee! Fat chance, too. Someone replied, "Just stand up in the back!"

Someone texted asking people not to scream until "the boy" has finished the glory note on BOTW.

-----

Cellcerter said he looks great she thinks he is clean shaven... he changed the ending to the last song... his actions to the song....

-----

Starting again. Carwash

-----

carwash - he's not moving around a whole lot but he's trying

-----

Oh what a night.

Clay emerges to huge cheers, singing "December 1963" -- encouraging the audience to cheer Scott (the audience member). Audience clapping along, and cheering. Clay sounding fantastic.

Cheers greet the start of "September." HUGE cheers, I assume as the choreographed part commences. The audience is really loving this!

-----

NOW SEPTEMBER...

DID A TURN, NOW ANOTHER...

"HIS FEET LOOK HUMGOUS IN THOSE SHOES" LOL!!

-----

NIGHTS ON BROADWAY...

-----

Clay sounding great on "Nights on Broadway" -- the audience is really into it -- I hear a guy cheering, yelling out something...assume it's appreciative!

-----

TOO MUCH HEAVEN... THEY ARE ON THE BEANBAGS NOW...

-----

WHEN QUIANA SAID I FEEL THE EARTH MOVE, THE 3 OF THEM IN BACK KICK WITH THEIR FEET, IT'S REALLY FUNNY..

-----

Mandy

-----

Cheers as people recognize "Mandy" -- Clay sounding wonderful.

-----

Beautiful!!!

HE PUTS HIS ALL INTO THIS SONG!!!

BARB SAID OMG THE LOOK ON HIS FACE AT THE END OF THAT. YOU KNOW HOW HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S LOOKING AT YOU BUT HE'S NOT... OMG.

HE'S TALKING ABOUT THAT YOUNG GIRL AGAIN, DON'T KNOW WHAT...

-----

Great cheers on that last "you" in "Mandy" -- he really does such a lovely job with this song.

Talking about the 70s now.

And...now the "We love you, Clay"s have begun. <sigh>

Controversial decade, etc.

-----

Clay just asked the girl up front if her parents know she is here!

BOTW now

soooo beautiful, so pure

-----

NOBODY IS STANDING, JUST A FEW ON THE LEFT...

-----

Preacher man talking about the 80s

You know, it's silly, but I'm starting to get nervous for him during cellcerts like I used to before his performances on AI.  I don't know why.  Regarding Solitaire, it seems to me that he had a few times on the NAT where the ARLG would kick in, but he always was able to pull it off.

I think a little bit of fatigue is setting in and maybe the boredom too and he ends up getting distracted. I hope he gets over the solitair hump. I think that often happens with him...earlier its WYSLYMn now its Solitaire...he will get over it eventually.

Lots of screams as the piano intro to WDC plays.

HUGE screams as Clay starts singing the gospel intro. He sounds so amazing. Crowd is listening intently now. Big cheers after the "satisfied." Even more during the "screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam." Clay is riffing a bit today.

You know, the crowd may actually have waited 'til the robes came off to go crazy tonight!

The audience is very into this, clapping along and screaming. Clay sounding fantastic. Piercing screams at "animals." More at the end of the phrase. More big screams at "father...too bold!"

Huge screams at "When doves cry."

More piercing screams on "Touch if you will my stomach."

-----

Oh, man, I love that last "father...TOO BOLD" that Clay sings! He nailed it tonight.

That "cryyyyyyyyyy" is going on forever!

Great response to WDC.

"All Night Long" now.

-----

Never Gonna Give You Up! We mean that Clay!

-----

Alone, now. He just wails on this...love it.

-----

Intro to "Alone" -- hearing some "wooh!"s from the crowd. He sounds so incredible on these verses -- drawing us in. Screams and cheers, bigtime, as Clay launches into the chorus. Cellcerter saying something about how Clay's face is so...I think she said, "Cute"? Reasonable assumption, no?

"Rock With You"

-----

THEY CHEERED FOR JACOB. SAILING IS COMING UP... I DOUBT THERE WILL BE MUCH SCREAMING, LET'S HOPE!

HERE WE GO... IT'S VERY SOFT.

Sailing sounds very wonderful tonight .....

-----

fans arms swaying with music- hey I am swaying too...

-----

GETTING READY FOR HAMMER TIME... HERE WE GO... HE'S TALKING.... CTT

-----

HE'S TRYING TO DO A COUPLE OF DANCES! THE CABBAGE PATCH? HE'S HAVING ANGELA DO THE RUNNING MAN..

CROWD IS LAUGHING... CLAY SAID THIS IS WHY WE HAVE THEM ON THE SHOW, THEY ARE ENTERTAINMENT FOR ME! HE'S HAVING THEM ALL DO DIFF. DANCES, AND THEN THEY HAVE TO SWITCH. THEY HAVE TO DO IT MY WAY CUZ MY NAMES ON THE TICKET!

-----

Jacob brought these overalls from home..lots of banter-Jacob showing some moves...

-----

Black Velvet

-----

NOW END OF THE ROAD (LOVE THIS ONE!)

-----

Iris

-----

LLVL

I'm going to have to get these new songs on my ipod tonight. I really haven't heard clearly yet. But I do love Back For More.

SHE SAID HE WAS REALLY WORKING IT!

NICE PANTS!

SOME BODY YELLED OUT I WANT YOUR BODY. (ARGH).

NOW FOR ICMYLM. A SINGLE LIGHT COMING DOWN BEHIND HIM, ALL YOU CAN SEE IS BUGS? SHE SAID? NOT SURE.. AROUND HIM. (EWW)

-----

ICMYLM- just beautiful....the clack should be good on the slow sounds, I don't hear any loud shouts of "I love you clay" etc.

-----

THAT WAS GORGEOUS.

NOW QUIANNA'S TURN.

ICMYLM was incredible -- I think the crowd actually listened! I hope we got Clack!

Quiana's IWALY -- nice response for her -- she has just hit the key change.

-----

CHEERS AND SCREAMS AND WHISTLES FOR QUIANA!!!!!! SHE GOT THE ENTIRE CROWD ON THEIR FEET! SOMETHING CLAY COULDN'T DO!!!!!!

NOW FOR BAND INTROS...

-----

GREAT response to Quiana, much appreciation for a job incredibly well done tonight.

Clay introducing "some of the most talented vocalists [he's] ever worked with." Directing people to various websites to buy Angela and Jacob's albums.

"Amazing band" that "worked so hard" before the tour start and continues to work so hard every night. Andy, Clarence, Daniel, [made some comment, drew some laughs] Maureen, [another comment, more laughs] Felix, [more comments about musical director] S'von.

Introducing the crew by name, talking about what they do.

Now, what have we covered tonight. 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s. 2003 -- big cheers! IWCY begins. Big screams as it is recognized.

-----

THE WAY... HE HAS HIS HAND IN HIS POCKET "HE LOOKS SO CUTE WHEN HE DOES THAT", HE KNOWS WHO MOST OF THE FANS ARE, THEY ARE ON THE LEFT STANDING UP MOST OF THE TIME...

-----

WYSYLM

-----

People singing along with Clay to WYSYLM

-----

IWCY sounded great -- I love this arrangement, and how Clay sounds singing it.

More huge screams as Clay starts singing TW. Lots of screams during this song. He really does sound great singing this.

The crowd is singing and clapping along to WYSYLM. Clay sounding great -- I love this arrangement. And...we're through without any trouble with the lyrics! The crowd hasn't stopped clapping along. Big cheers as he finishes.

WYSYLM... HE KNOWS ALLTHE WORDS! HE'S NOT DOING THE DANCE, JUST SINGING... THE CROWD SEEMS TO BE AWAKE FINALLY...

-----

IT WILL BE OUT WHEN IT'S READY...

IF YOU LIKE EM LET US KNOW, IF YOU DON'T (HE POINTS TO THE DOOR)...

-----

"2004, we came to Musikfest for the first time. In 2005, we came back!" Hopes to be back next year, and hopes to have a new album out before then. "It'll be out..uhhhh...when it's ready." Crowd is laughing.

"1000 Days" -- sounding fantastic on the first verse. The crowd is already WOOH-ing on the first chorus. Clay sounding wonderful. Cheers after the first chorus.

Definitely can hear Clay's vocals clearly over the instrumentation.

-----

SHE SAID THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL AND HE WAS REALLY INTO IT TOO. THE CROWD SEEMED TO LIKE IT PRETTY WELL.

-----

Screams during the 2nd chorus. Clay's vocals sound so confident.

I think I heard an extra "Ohh!" wail before the bridge! Great touch. The crowd was really into the bridge. Great response to the glory note.

An extended "mine" to end the song, and a piano fade. HUGE, extended cheers.

And more extended cheers and clapping along as BFM begins.

-----

I think heard Clay riff a tiny bit on the first verse of BFM, could be wrong -- sounded great, either way.

HUGE cheers/screams as they head into the first chorus. The audience is still clapping along. More cheers right before the second verse starts. The vocals (Clay's on lead and Jacob's on backup) are sounding fantastic. Crowd cheering on the second chorus -- lots of WOOH-ing. Crowd is really into this.

We're onto the bridge, the crowd cheering continues, and Clay's voice is soaring on this one.

The song ends, and the response is really, really huge. I'm imagining how into this song everyone on stage has been getting. Quick launch into "Invisible," crowd is in singalong mode. Lots of screams and singing along, as well as clapping.

-----

CROWD LIKED THIS ONE [bFM] TOO. NOW THE PEOPLE ARE ALL FINALLY STANDING UP!! GO FIGURE!

INVISIBLE... THEY ARE ALL INTO IT NOW (FINALLY!!) SINGING ALONG!

HE DIDN'T TUG. YET.

-----

HE SCREAMED "YOUR TURN" AND THEY ARE ALL SINGING THE SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE'S THE TUG!!!!!!!!

-----

HE'S SINGING HIS HEART OUT, IF I WERE INVISIBLE...

WAIT I ALREADY AM!! SCREAAAMSSSS!!!!

-----

The whole place is on its feet! Tons and tons of screaming!!!

-----

Well, it sounds like the crowd has basically lost any semblance of self-control on "Invisible" -- screams, singing, clapping, can barely hear the music over it -- just tons of love for Clay and his band out there, and the song is done -- the cheering is just ENORMOUS. Really, really huge. They're so loud! Really great cheers. I just now noticed that the band has stopped playing...but I seriously couldn't tell when it did -- the crowd was that loud.

Our cellcerter reports, "That was eminently satisfying!" [understatement]

Thanks to teh Clayboard, Clayversity and Filomena!