Houston, Texas -- Jones Hall

I remember that theater, and from the fifth row, I felt like I was right next to Clay, so I can only imagine him talking to the first few rows.

Anyway, I'm here! Just finished Moon River (sigh), and now it's CTMEOOY....

Through headphones, it's not that bad to me.

From the CH earlier, via merrieeee -- Ernie Manouse is there, the guy who interviewed Clay with such a good interview. I'm hoping to get a copy of that one -- but could never find it. Anyway, this is Ernie's first time seeing Clay live.

I'm even more impatient for lilyshine to post now. She was with her granddaughter, who first saw Clay when she was 4, and has eclectic musical tastes. How many of those were at the concert I wonder? She has to be the one who was talking to Clay, who said she listened to the radio.

I'm even more impatient for lilyshine to post now. She was with her granddaughter, who first saw Clay when she was 4, and has eclectic musical tastes. How many of those were at the concert I wonder? She has to be the one who was talking to Clay, who said she listened to the radio.

YESSSS That was my g-daughter. I'm very proud of her. But the best part was that Clay kept saying she was with her mother! LOL. One generation off, but nice.

Whole encounter went something like this:

Clay: Who listens to the radio?

GD puts up hand.

Clay points to her : Who do you listen to?

GD: U2 & Coldplay.

Clay talks to some others then comes back: How old are you?

GD: 11

Clay: So you were 3 when I was on Idol.

Me & GD: I went to your concert when I was 4.

After that, throughout the show Clay kept making references to being 11, like when he was introducing the new guitarist who was young.

GD was thrilled by the interaction. She likes Clay, but is not a superfan and preferred the bouncier songs of the night.

M&G was interesting. Fairly short because of the large number of PBSers who were waiting for him. We did get to ask questions, but didn't have any real conversations. Mary & Jerome were as efficient as usual in wrangling the schedule.

Concert was fabulous. In person is so much better than recorded, but it just flies by. It was after 9 before it ended which is a lot of singing with no intermission. The only breaks Clay got were during Quiana's solos.

YESSSS That was my g-daughter. I'm very proud of her. But the best part was that Clay kept saying she was with her mother! LOL. One generation off, but nice.

I figured you were loving that! :Iluvclaysbutt:

You should be proud--she was one of his "people" for the night, and not because she was drunk or acting out, but because she interested him. You should tell her how rare that is! I have a feeling Clay knew she wasn't your ordinary 11 year old. The minute that voice came out on the cellcert, I said, that's her, I'll bet that's her, and then the 4 yrs old thing clinched it. :twinklewhore:

Sorry the meet-and-greet was rushed. Did you get a picture or is it to be emailed to you? Do you think he recognized you from the meet-and-greet when he was talking to your gd?

I'm sure he recognized me but didn't want to acknowledge it, which was fine. Including the PBS thing, he had M&G'd over 50 people that night. Besides, I'd made a few foot-in-mouth comments and after the LOUD woman, I'm sure he didn't want any more commentary.

If you know where there is a clear recording of the exchange, please let me know. The cellcert I downloaded isn't clear enough to hear Clay's questions or GD's responses.

I'm sure he recognized me but didn't want to acknowledge it, which was fine. Including the PBS thing, he had M&G'd over 50 people that night. Besides, I'd made a few foot-in-mouth comments and after the LOUD woman, I'm sure he didn't want any more commentary.

If you know where there is a clear recording of the exchange, please let me know. The cellcert I downloaded isn't clear enough to hear Clay's questions or GD's responses.

The CV cellcert is the clearest so far. I don't think there is clack of that segment out yet, but hopefully there will be. What I've seen so far from Houston is really good! The acoustics in that hall are wonderful.