#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

Happy 1-1-11 -- and the rest of the year, FCA!

Great to see you, kf! We need to get together with desertrose soon. gg has been hinting about some caps...

Actually is there any way I could borrow your dvr for a few? Lol! /jk ....but if it's possible, would be a great thing!

:04:

:ETA

*waves* at fear down there. how is my iPad buddy? Hope y'all had a great New Year's Eve!!!

Hey scarlett :hello: , your ipad buddy alternates between loving it and then hating it. :cryingwlaughter: He emailed some of his stock buddies and they replied- don't go all techy on me. He's scheduled for two more knee surgeries and is a little discouraged. Hope you have a Happy New Year!

HNYGreetings.gif

Sorry I'm so late wishing everyone a Happy 2011, but I'm at least early for the next 364 days. The above banner is from the new Carolina On My Mind blog where it links to a Jacquie Lawson greeting card featuring Auld Lang Syne.

The first entry of 2011 also incorporates the awesome, though unofficial, news about the National Inclusion Project's successful Pepsi campaign ending at midnight, EZ Net Radio which helped us make it through the drive's last two days, a New Year's graphic by AmazingCA, and SueReu's wonderful montage recapping Clay Aiken/2010. There's also a slide show of New Year celebrations from around the globe.

Hope you enjoy the blog and the card! Thank you for all your support of the Internet Clay blogs. I understand from Sue's comment there is currently an error on the JL site. I hope they fix if soon because "Auld Lang Syne" on bagpipes is a special treat.

It's hard to believe we aren't spending the evening voting and updating widgets. Thank you for everyone's support of the alliances and the partners.

Great having Scarlett back in the FCA thread! After late night and early morning widget updates, we may be on the verge of getting our lives back. :friends:

Have a very special New Year's Weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

NY_Caro_11.gif

A while ago we decided that we would revamp the goldarngirl & Luckiest1 Productions site so that it would host the dvds that we have been providing and have been hosted at the CV vault.

For those of you who do not have a CV key and would like to download the Windsor Timeless DVDs and inserts, they are now on the site. Please note that the only montages that are there now are the Windsor ones and the corresponding DVDs. If you have a CV key please download the DVDs from there (if they are still accessible). Please also note that this is a wimpy little site so please be patient and please use a download manager to help you out.

I want to thank cindilu2 who kindly contributes the artwork, from our inserts and labels, to this webpage. She is a very talented lady and we are lucky to have her take care of this part of the 'Best of' series for us.

Enjoy.

goldarngirl & Luckiest1 Productions

:GM_FCA:

39 Days until The T&T Tour!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Nice to wake up to a blog from Clay!

38 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Kim

All I gotta say about Clay's blog: he needs to have sleepless nights more often!

Congratulations to the Project for the Pepsi Refresh win! I'm glad LOTS of kids will be able to attend camp this year.

Clay, I'd love for you to have your own network too. I want to pick you brain regarding that -- what kinds of shows would you have on it?

For me, it's not quite 8 years, but close. It's been a hell of a good time, I must say. Lots of ups and downs to be sure, but that's fairly normal in life, not just fandoms. Can't wait for the next 8...and the 8 after that...and the 8 after that...and so on, and so on, and scooby dooby dooby.

37 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Kim

Wheeeeeeeeeeee, blog! twinklewhore.gif Thanks to cindilu2 for the heads up. I've been busy taking down the Christmas decorations. Gotta love stat days in lieu!

:helloFCA:

Pepsi Refresh Voters:

Click this link to send votes to those groups that supported us over the last 4 months and helped us win, but are still struggling to get their grants in January!!

(miss your daily voting posts, Bottle!)

Thanks Scarlett. I've been continuing to vote, although today I did start voting for some other charities not included in our voting block. If they were under 100, I am going to try to help them get the money. The rest I've been splitting between others, either in my area that are under 100, or who are higher up but whose ideas I support.

For anyone who doubts the strength of the Clay fans presence, all they have to do is look at examples like this. Many of those we were voting for have dropped considerably without our support. Another example is on Decca's page. He has at least 3 of either the top rated or most viewed on their site. Now all they have to do is to figure out how to expand that to include the casual fans.

I still think that most artists would love to have as loyal and dedicated a fan base as Clay, even if the numbers have dropped. It gives the artist a kind of safety net for downtimes, when either there is not much going on, or when the economy sucks.

From CH:

BROADWAY BACKWARDS 6, the only Broadway event custom-made for the gay and lesbian community, its friends and families, takes to the stage again for a star-studded, one-night only event, February 7 at Broadway's Longacre Theatre (220 W. 48th Street).

"American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken (Spamalot), HBO's "True Blood" star Denis O'Hare (Tony winner for Take Me Out) and Tony winner Alan Cumming (Cabaret, CBS's "The Good Wife") join a line-up of performers that also will include Tituss Burgess (The Little Mermaid), Len Cariou (Tony winner for Sweeney Todd), Kevin Chamberlin (The Addams Family), Robin De Jesus (La Cage aux Folles), Jose Llana (The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Lin-Manuel Miranda(Tony winner for In the Heights), Debra Monk (Curtains), Bobby Steggert (Ragtime), Brian Charles Rooney (The Threepenny Opera) and Tony Yazbeck (Gypsy). Additional performers will be announced soon.

The show is produced by Broadway Cares and will benefit BC/EFA and The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center of New York City.

BROADWAY BACKWARDS will feature some of Broadway's biggest names singing songs originally written for the opposite gender: women singing songs written for men and men singing songs written for women. By keeping all of the lyrics intact, including the original pronouns, each song takes on an entirely new dimension, sometimes with hysterical results and sometimes with immensely touching results. BROADWAY BACKWARDS will give its audience a chance to see and hear some of the most treasured songs of the Great White Way in a whole new key.

http://www.broadwaycares.org/backwards2011

:cry4: Mr Fear's having surgery on the 31st and I start my volunteer work doing taxes on the first, do you think I could make it? I could hire a taxi to pick him up from the hospital and to tuck him in bed. I could have people scan in their documents and prepare the taxes remotely. Where there's a will there's a way. :whee:

Oooooo, that sounds like a LOT of fun. Wish I could go, but I'm not rich, or well connected, or even all that close to NYC. Sigh. Wonder what he'll sing? I'm not a huge Broadway addict, so I'm not as familiar with possible songs as I'm sure others are. I hope that clack will be available!

:twinklewhore:

It does sound fun, but Clay's the only name on that list I know and would care to see. LOL Hoping for some stealthy clack gatherers to go for us!

Surely you know Alan Cummings. Isn't he on that show that Clay likes so much? The (something) Housewife?