#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

TWWMAD will be up and running for the upcoming tour. A true labor of love for all who work on this project, we are trying this time to get tickets placed with agencies a week before each concert.

The Way We Make A Difference Ticket Project is currently seeking tickets and/or donations for Clay's upcoming Tried and True Tour!

If you would like to make a monetary contribution or if you have an extra ticket or two to donate, we would welcome them!

For anyone not familiar with our project, TWWMAD promotes inclusion by offering a chance for people with and without disabilities to share in the excitement of seeing Clay in concert.

If you have tickets you would like to donate, please email us at

ticketdonation@thewaywemakeadifference.org

Thanks in advance for helping us to make a difference, one concert ticket at a time!

It's a weight loss support group social networking site. You can keep track of everything you eat, drink, your exercise and connect with others by you... I'm sure Fear can tell you more than what I know about it. :)

Hi everyone...been absent for a while dealing with family health issues but hope the new year brings all good things.

Couchie, WW is great and the meetings are often very helpful. I need the discipline of weekly weigh ins and the lectures are full of helpful advice and are very interactive. Have gone to those in my neighborhood and found neighbors there. If that might bother you,just go further away from home.

I have lost 40 lbs over last 18 months from portion control rather than prescribed diet. My health demanded that, and still trying to lose more. WW was faster but I can't always get out. WW does work very well though.

Hi everyone...been absent for a while dealing with family health issues but hope the new year brings all good things.

Couchie, WW is great and the meetings are often very helpful. I need the discipline of weekly weigh ins and the lectures are full of helpful advice and are very interactive. Have gone to those in my neighborhood and found neighbors there. If that might bother you,just go further away from home.

I have lost 40 lbs over last 18 months from portion control rather than prescribed diet. My health demanded that, and still trying to lose more. WW was faster but I can't always get out. WW does work very well though.

Fear, my first impression of spark people from outside looking in is SHAM WOW! and then my second impression was revival meeting. But then I clicked on a few message board topics and they seem really really helpful. Can you ask your husband if once you join you feel like someone is trying to sell you something all the time. I don't really do super hyper motivational stuff. It seems like it can be very interactive though.

Clayzedover - thanks. I'm thinking i might need the meetings as well. I was really curious about them and think maybe that is the extra something I need. I'm not all that interested in a web only experience from them. I can get all that elsewhere on the net - for free. And I probably wouldn't know a neighbor if one fell on me LOL.

I need to start investigating a place for a party in SF for a pre or post party. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

:GM_FCA:

No baby yet!

31 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB! :yahoo:

35 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

WW is one of the healthiest of the revival meeting diets according to the gastro dr. I have been forced to see every few years. I especially like their on line food diary. I've been a member off and on and to me the biggest benefit is the support of friends you meet there and to observe the success others have had on their diet.

Mr Fear loves livestrong.com but he keeps his computer on all day at home. I like the phone app because I'm away from home a lot and I can catch up anytime. I have my own little notebook/cookbook where I have written down favorite recipes and meals that are low calorie and taste good. I'm forced to drag it out periodically.

In my hundreds of years on this earth, calorie counting and exercise works the best to lose weight. My sons just cut out carbs but I don't think they always eat healthy. One of them often eats only once a day and drinks tons of coffee with caffeine.

Good luck with the party couchie. We should have one in Charlotte. I'm taking off work the month of February so I'll be in a good frmae of mind for one. :twinklewhore:

Maybe we should do an after party for Charlotte? We will be flying in that morning but with connections and flight delays, who knows. And most of us have M&G tickets so we will probably have to be there early for that too. My fingers are crossed that it all goes smoothly!

I write down everything I eat and I try not to buy anything that I shouldn't eat, because if it's in the house, I have no willpower. For some strange reason, I have more willpower in the grocery store.

I have manage to stay away from most of the 15 kinds of cookies I made during the Holidays. I keep giving them away. I have so far kept off the 25 pounds I lost in the fall. I do want another 10 off. I think it will be slower but that is ok as long as I do it.

I hope we get clack of the Broadway show, I miss him!

Off to ski. It is my 34th Wedding Aniv. today. We went skiing on our honeymoom, so we decided we would go today then out to dinner(food again!)

Couchie, I was doing that SparkPeople thing, and will need to start back up again. Holidays and sickness and stuff kind of did me in. But I think it's pretty good, especially since it's free. They have exercise videos, lots of articles to help you, and the support groups. Plus, there is a nutrition tracker to keep track of your calories, which also breaks it down into percentage of carbs, proteins, and fats. They have recipes there or menu suggestions (which I don't follow), and you can also enter in your own recipes and find out how many calories are in each serving.

The only thing I get from them is emails for different articles and I don't feel any pressure from them. And they are free, which is the one advantage over WW.

Hey I think I'll look into Sparkpeople too.

My New Years resolution, which I usually avoid, is to lose weight. I just can't avoid it any more!

Also yesterday I booked a beach holiday for April, so there is nothing like the prospect of having to don a swimsuit for motivation!

What I found out from keeping track of my points is that most of the time I wasn't getting enough calories but then a few days a week, I would chow down. Either it was high fat food or it was large portions, which I then had to finish since I'd put it on my plate (one of those things from childhood you just can't get rid of). Probably slowed my metabolism way down when I was not eating enough so then when I'd eat a lot, I couldn't burn it off. It does make you think about what you are eating and you can see patterns, plus if you eat too much early in the day, if you are tracking it, you keep in mind that you should take in less at night.

I like the videos on there too but wish I could see them on my tv because it's a little hard to work out when you are looking at a computer screen. And you can go at your own pace. You can put in how much you want to lose and by what date, and it will show you how to achieve that goal.

30 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB! :yahoo:

33 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Kim

Thank you JustClay - I think I'll give it a chance.

Happy Saturday everybody!

I'd like to push mine too -- actually not mine, but our Y has this system called FitLinxx. It keeps track of everything you do so that you just punch in your code as you go to a machine and all that you did would get recorded in an online system. When you go home, you could view everything you did that day, that week or even 5 years back.

Parties, couchie and fear?!!! Please post schedules, even tentative ones, so that we could make time while planning flights! :hugs-1:

29 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

:yahoo:

32 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

Kim

Thank you JustClay - I think I'll give it a chance.

Happy Saturday everybody!

I'd like to push mine too -- actually not mine, but our Y has this system called FitLinxx. It keeps track of everything you do so that you just punch in your code as you go to a machine and all that you did would get recorded in an online system. When you go home, you could view everything you did that day, that week or even 5 years back.

Parties, couchie and fear?!!! Please post schedules, even tentative ones, so that we could make time while planning flights! :hugs-1:

Wow that sounds fantastic especially for someone who can get overwhelmed trying to keep track of things.

I did join the spark people. What I do like about it is all the activity going on and the steps taken to get you involved. I like all the recipes and the cookbook feature too.

As for the pre-party I'll try to start organizing it in the next couple of weeks.

I wonder if anyone here can give me suggestions/recommendations for places to stay that are relatively near the Warfield in San Francisco. I posted this in the concert thread but wondered how many would see it there.

I am wanting to spend 5 nights in San Francisco to do some sight seeing and have just spent way to long looking on the internet. I am now just feeling exhausted, having not found anything.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Get this my DH bought me a small carry-on suitcase for Xmas and yesterday asked me when I was going to use it. I told him that I had no plans even though the eHP was going to FL to see Clay! He wanted to know why I wasn't going. Hee now I am! eeeee

Lotus, there is a thread at the OFC, under fanclub forum, called tour talk - under tour talk, if you click on San Francisco, California - The Warfield - March 2, 2011, there is a discussion going on, on page 8, about where people are staying for the SF show. If, you're not a member, people are saying that they are staying at The Powell Hotel, and Wyndham Parc 55. I don't know anything, first hand, about these hotels, but maybe you can check them out online, or talk to the people on that thread. Good luck!

Lotus, there is a thread at the OFC, under fanclub forum, called tour talk - under tour talk, if you click on San Francisco, California - The Warfield - March 2, 2011, there is a discussion going on, on page 8, about where people are staying for the SF show. If, you're not a member, people are saying that they are staying at The Powell Hotel, and Wyndham Parc 55. I don't know anything, first hand, about these hotels, but maybe you can check them out online, or talk to the people on that thread. Good luck!

Many thanks I will give that a try.

28 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

31 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

Kim

I don't know if any news gets to the US of this but:

I remember posting a while back that it seemed my country was on fire, now it is flooded, and there are still bushfires in the west.

The floods are in the east, in Queensland and Northern New South Wales. I am in Qld but in a non-flooded area,about a 45 min drive from the latest area to be evacuated. My land where I am hoping to build is one street away from a river but I haven't heard anything about it so I suppose thats a good thing.

There are 8 confirmed deaths and 72 people unnaccounted for. Toll is expected to rise. There was a 2.5 metre "wall of water" rush through a nearby town,completely unexpected and killed a mother and two kids whose car was swept away.

I have been watching the news and want to cry.Hope you all don't mind me sharing my (wet & still pouring) world.