#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

After reading many of the comments over at the OFC, I think there has been a general consensus. Most of us would be content with hearing Clay sing and banter, and all the rest is gravy. Yes, some are giving more detailed information, but I don't see anything wrong with that. And his blog has helped to re-energize the boards, which was sorely needed after yesterday. Well, we were energized, but not happily.

I'll admit, I was unhappy with how the whole thing was handled. Not the Quiana thing, but the wackyjacky stuff. Don't like someone posting as a just a regular fan when they are not. And I wasn't crazy about the tone of them. I love Clay, but I can't fix anything. If things are not working as planned, then it's time for them to re-group, not blame the fans or expect us to fix things.

And could somebody please serve some booze with that popcorn. I could use some.

I haven't planned on a tour date yet because at the time tickets went on sale we didn't know what the budget was going to be like at work. We went through one round of lay-offs last year at budget time so I didn't feel like I could commit. Now our Mayor is facing a recall and if he is thrown out of office the new mayor can re-do the present budget and we will have to go through all the uncertainty again. It feels weird not planning on going to a show but things are just too unstable.

I have an extra ticket to Glenside. Just sayin'

I comes free of charge. Just sayin'

:GM_FCA:

24 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

:yahoo:

27 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I don't know about anyone else but I'm too busy chewing my fingernails down to the quick waiting for word from Clay. :dead-1:

:hello:jmh

On the personal side, I was am taking the month of February off from working because of Mr Fear's impending surgery. On Wednesday the woman, who was doing my job, fell on the ice outside the building and broke her ankle and foot in several places. She had surgery and had to have pins and a plate inserted in her ankle area. Plus our receptionist is going on family leave shortly as she is due in a few weeks. The office manager now officially has a headache.

23 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

26 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

Kim

I just saw Ruben on the Today show and there were some nice Clay mentions and sightings. He was there to discuss the upcoming season of American Idol and the only reason I knew about it was because he was tweeting from backstage before he went on and the tweets come to my mobile phone as texts. Novel concept, eh? wink.gif Anyways, they were running down the list of winners, then the list of non-winners who became "superstars" and Clay's picture was flashed with the word superstar. Pretty nice. Ruben mentioned that he and Clay had been out on tour this past summer. You know, with Slimon gone, I might actually watch an episode of Idol this season.....or not. cryingwlaughter.gif

Fear, I'm on pins and needles too but that last blog (and all the positive response) made me hope that he's going to find a way to go ahead with this thing.

Wishing Grandma Aikim lots of quality time with your new grandson! :hug:

Here's the skinny on the new Carolina On My Mind blog. Hope you'll drop by:

A countdown widget to Clay's Tried & True Miami opener is in the sidebar, and there's plenty of entertainment in this entry -- two montages by LovesClaysVoice (DWTS Season 11/Unchained Melody, Prince William and Kate/Something About Us) new graphics by AmazingCA, a widgetbox of Scarlett's videos of the complete LA Timeless Tour Concert, a reminder that today is the deadline to order the 2011 CA Calendar, and the story of a Christmas clock chiming away in my studio.

Special thnx to LCV, who also provided Sendspace links for the montages; AmazingCA, and Scarlett for sharing their talents. Thank you for supporting the Clay blogs. Your visits/comments help us maintain a decent Google presence. Hope you enjoy!

Well, he sure is getting a lot of response to the latest blog. I'm quite happy to see how many just want him to be on stage and sing. That's all I ever want.

DITTO to your post, luckiest1! :popcorn:

On the personal side, I was am taking the month of February off from working because of Mr Fear's impending surgery. On Wednesday the woman, who was doing my job, fell on the ice outside the building and broke her ankle and foot in several places. She had surgery and had to have pins and a plate inserted in her ankle area. Plus our receptionist is going on family leave shortly as she is due in a few weeks. The office manager now officially has a headache.

All the best to Mr. Fear on his knee surgery and your office staff! I think I'll extend my "cabin fever" a few more days. :)

But as has been said many times; "It's never boring in Clayland".

I think this also was from one of your posts, Fear. WORD!

Have a great weekend, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

I just saw Ruben on the Today show and there were some nice Clay mentions and sightings. He was there to discuss the upcoming season of American Idol and the only reason I knew about it was because he was tweeting from backstage before he went on and the tweets come to my mobile phone as texts. Novel concept, eh? wink.gif Anyways, they were running down the list of winners, then the list of non-winners who became "superstars" and Clay's picture was flashed with the word superstar. Pretty nice. Ruben mentioned that he and Clay had been out on tour this past summer. You know, with Slimon gone, I might actually watch an episode of Idol this season.....or not. cryingwlaughter.gif

Fear, I'm on pins and needles too but that last blog (and all the positive response) made me hope that he's going to find a way to go ahead with this thing.

luckiest1, you don't have anything there to cap that do you?

Ha ha goldarngirl, I PVRed it and kept it....just in case you asked. I have no idea what format it's in or how to get it off the external, but I am sure you do. cryingwlaughter.gif

Yippee, thank you. I will grab it when I get home, unless cindilu2 can figure it out before I get there. Just make sure your settings keep it until you delete it and barring any other unforseen problems it will be there when I get home. Thank you again.

Good morning. I'm cleaning out my office to make it back into a bedroom and had to deal with my Clay stash. I can't believe its three plastic bins now. :cry4: I'm planning on getting rid of the extras within a few weeks when I can find the time. Will be painting and recarpeting the room too. I'd love to get rid of the fax, copier and file cabinets too. We'll probably keep the fax and put the rest on Craig's list or donate it.

Thanks kf. I'm glad to see that Ruben is doing well as he is such a good friend of Clay's. :flirtysmile3: I don't have the time to be a fan of his but he seems very sweet.

Aikim, I hope your daughter and sweet grandson are doing well.

Still hanging in there with Sparkpeople, but it has been a yoyo week. Have a great day!

Congrats to the Green Bay Packers...great game!

22 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

25 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

Kim

I've had my Clay stuff in a bin for a while... I was keeping magazines in zip lock bags and had things like the OFC letters and pictures framed but no where to put them. Most of my collection was in there except for posters and pictures I had on the wall which I had to take down when we moved. Now most of them are in frames but they're not hung on the wall...my bedroom still isn't set up how I'd like it and we've been here 5 months now. :blink:

Packers played AWESOME last night!! Love em!!!!

21 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

24 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

Kim

In case Parker Foster Aiken's musical genes kick in and he becomes the Justin Bieber of his generation (Only, like, with actual talent. And maybe better hair, if the Foster genes are dominant), I'm trying to make sure my almost-three-year-old niecelette has the skillz to take Clack. Or Pack or whatnot.

Based on today's result, she's going to need all those years to work on her aim. :hahaha:

IMG_2371.jpg

PerusingOne has wandered on home...

I've surrendered to my doctor's whining and will have my nasal surgery on 2/2...

and simply stoppped worrying about Clay's career months, hell, years ago...he still sings pretty and I still listen.

:GE_FCA:

Carolina On My Mind celebrated MLK Day today while I taught make-up lessons at the academy. Included in the entry is the "Grace of God" montage created by SueReu for UNICEF's Haitian drive last January. The link is still active.

In case Parker Foster Aiken's musical genes kick in and he becomes the Justin Bieber of his generation (Only, like, with actual talent. And maybe better hair, if the Foster genes are dominant), I'm trying to make sure my almost-three-year-old niecelette has the skillz to take Clack. Or Pack or whatnot.

Based on today's result, she's going to need all those years to work on her aim. :hahaha:

IMG_2371.jpg

I'm no photographer, but I believe you've explained this perfectly, bottle. Thnx for sharing! :hysterical:

I've surrendered to my doctor's whining and will have my nasal surgery on 2/2...

and simply stopped worrying about Clay's career months, hell, years ago...he still sings pretty and I still listen.

All the best with your surgery, KAndre. Ditto to your last paragraph! :whistling-1:

Have a great week, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

I hope your surgery goes well kandre. :hug: And I hope you'll be feeling ready to go when the singerman hits your area. :dancetom:

Another here who can't spend a lot of time worrying about Clay's career plans. I still haven't watched clack from the Chicago mini concert. If I downloaded everything in the vault, I'm pretty sure it would take the rest of my life to watch it. So I'm good.

On the personal side, Mr. Fear and his furniture industry buddies have gotten together for drinks many times over the years. Last night for the first time I went to one of their "tea parties". Many years ago they coined this phrase for a night out with the guys for a few drinks. One of the guys is going for stem cell treatment for his incurable cancer during which, in his words,they kill him and bring him back to spend the next month or so in a bubble. They were joking and teasing about this. The male mind- unbelievable. It was interesting and kind of fun.

Have a great day!

20 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

23 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!

Kim