#60: I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend!

ldyjocelyn

FCA Thread Title  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Seven or eight years, phsssh, just a tiny period of time in the galaxy that is Clay.
    • He still sings pretty and I still listen.
    • It?s impossible to deny his voice is a thing of power.
    • Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one.

From mamarose at CB (via CV):

The Way We Make A Difference has a chance to make a special purchase of tickets at a reduced rate for Clay's "Tried And True" Concert at the Palace Theatre in Cleveland, Ohio, on Saturday, Feb. 19. We would love to be able to send as many folks as possible to this show so if you were planning to make a donation, now would be a great time.

Please email us at ticketdonation@thewaywemakeadifference.org or visit our website at http://thewaywemakeadifference.org/ and click on the "Donate" button at the top of the page.

Of course please remember, no donation is too small.

For anyone not familiar with our project, TWWMAD promotes inclusion by offering a chance for people with and without disabilities to share in the excitement of seeing Clay in concert.

Thanks for making a difference, one concert ticket at a time!

I think this is a great idea and a great way to help ticket sales. Apparently the Cleveland venue has sold just over 600 tickets to date.

PerusingOne has wandered on home...

I've surrendered to my doctor's whining and will have my nasal surgery on 2/2...

and simply stoppped worrying about Clay's career months, hell, years ago...he still sings pretty and I still listen.

Hope everything goes well with your surgery.

:GM_FCA:

19 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

:yahoo:

22 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hey ya'll! I'm still around, just super busy with work, plus it was my husband's birthday this past weekend, which kept me off the computer for much of the time. (BTW, "The King's Speech" is an excellent movie, IMO...)

bottlecap, it looks as if you do have a budding clack gatherer there. She must know how much we like Clay's feet!

kandre, good luck with the surgery!

I can't believe it's not quite a month until the concerts start! Looking forward to my one and only.

Off topic: I've revived the Amazing Race thread here. Lots of good teams this season!

Here's the Houston Symphony email I received today (page 1):

img013.jpg

The tickets have been discounted today. But it's not all bleak. I kept reading where people were saying that tickets were available on Row A and B, but I checked today and it's the last seat on Row A and two from the end on Row B. I wouldn't want those seats, because they are bad seats, IMO. The next floor seats available in the Level 2 seating took me to Row R.

:GM_FCA:

18 Syad litnu yalC si gingins rof yawdaorB sdrawkcaB!

:yahoo:

21 Days until The T&T Tour Begins!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I just saw this on Facebook:

http://content.usato...toria-huggins/1

What does it take to get Clay Aiken to watch American Idol these days? A 16-year-old kid from North Carolina named Victoria Huggins.

<snip>

Clay, by the way, will launch his Tried & True Tour in Miami on Feb. 10. "We haven't really gotten into planning it too much, other than what songs will be done," he says. "But I find that, usually, the first show of every tour is when I discover what the tour's going to be like."

Wheee for the tour mention! twinklewhore.gif But cryingwlaughter.gif at how he plans his tour. The first show could be interesting.

I only watched a few minutes of AI last night to see if there was any Clay content in the pre-show recap and then I turned it off. It’s my intention not to watch it again, even if Clay does sort of endorse one of the contestants. I’m happy to see that Clay has a good AI talking point, though, and a means to get the news of his tour out to the AI crowd.

I just saw this on Facebook:

http://content.usato...toria-huggins/1

What does it take to get Clay Aiken to watch American Idol these days? A 16-year-old kid from North Carolina named Victoria Huggins.

<snip>

Clay, by the way, will launch his Tried & True Tour in Miami on Feb. 10. "We haven't really gotten into planning it too much, other than what songs will be done," he says. "But I find that, usually, the first show of every tour is when I discover what the tour's going to be like."

Wheee for the tour mention! twinklewhore.gif But cryingwlaughter.gif at how he plans his tour. The first show could be interesting.

Not sure what he needs to plan..once he gets the set list done...than it is pretty much a go except for banter and chatter and that is much more fun when it is spontaneous.

Not directed at you..but no surprise that certain fans would choose that particular line to nitpick at...this fandom really is predictable.

Kim

Kim, I agree.....it's hard to make everyone happy. As you can tell from my dancing emoticon post, I am very happy. :)

I am very happy too! Love that Clay is getting good publicity (especially from AI) and looking forward to the tour and Broadway Backwards..should be a fun night!

Kim

Good Lord, we're behind -- CLAY BLOGGED! He's getting more political with his blogs. This one is a link to a clip from The Colbert Report from two nights ago. I watch The Daily Show, but generally not Colbert -- but I'll be sure to watch this clip.

It's about the Wake County School system....