#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Who's gonna remember anyone's tweets or facebook postings 20 years from now?

Actually -- did you know that the Library of Congress is archiving all of Twitter? Twitter archive article So...who knows?

Personally, much of my use of Facebook is a news feed. I "like" things like NPR, Time magazine, and several library related sites. Because of posting they put up, I frequently find out about things before many people do. I also like reading about what some friends, some whom I've not seen in several years, are doing with their lives.

Ah, yes. I'd forgotten about the wackyjacky thing, which really didn't make it over here. I'm not sure if that was Clay or not, but I'll say this: if it was Clay, and he was complaining about the lack of followers on Twitter while also not tweeting himself -- well, another one of those things that makes him human. I know I do things like that all the time. Maybe it makes me whiny, and frustrates my husband...but it happens. Clay sometimes frustrates me with things he does as well, but I've learned to accept that from him as well.

Actually -- did you know that the Library of Congress is archiving all of Twitter? Twitter archive article So...who knows?

Oh good they only take public tweets, and mine are private. They don't need my contributions anyway. :lol:

Don't get me started on the things Clay does to frustrate me.....there are many times where I wish I could just do this :smack:

Ah, yes. I'd forgotten about the wackyjacky thing, which really didn't make it over here. I'm not sure if that was Clay or not, but I'll say this: if it was Clay, and he was complaining about the lack of followers on Twitter while also not tweeting himself -- well, another one of those things that makes him human. I know I do things like that all the time. Maybe it makes me whiny, and frustrates my husband...but it happens. Clay sometimes frustrates me with things he does as well, but I've learned to accept that from him as well.

LOL This cracked me up. Honestly really? Where the hell have I been. WackyJacky? IS THAT YOU CLAY. If so, STOP it. ha ha If Clay wanted followers on Twitter all he'd have to do is actually tweet and stop calling it the devil and he'd have them. There doesn't need to be a super sekrit message sent via somebody with 3 posts so I refuse to believe that this is Clay.

And for some reason Twitter is just not my thing. I'm just not a fan of short comments. It's why I don't like chat rooms either. I'm too long winded for such a medium LOL.

I do love Facebook and the idea of social networks in general. I have to say though it can be crazy to see all of your lives all come together in one spot. For a man that seems to have every new gadget to come down the pike I'm frankly stunned that he doesn't really use it for his career. But I accepted that oh about 7 years ago. It's just not his thing and he enjoys being off and having a private life and keeping a dividing line between himself and his personal friends and his fans. Nothing wrong with that at all. I'm thinking he believes that he is done touring and he is now off. I sure as hell don't want to work during my vacation.

Edited to add: no disrespect to Wackyjacky. Having other people believe you are clay doesn't mean you are doing anything to perpetrate that belief.

:GM_FCA:

Last day of the work week for me; taking tomorrow off as I have lots to do this week-end and needed an extra day. Won't be able to take vacation until mid-summer because one of the ladies in our department is having knee surgery. So we will be short-handed and I cannot take time off while she is gone. I think I may be a tch crabby by the end of May, LOL!

I am conflicted on the whole WJ thing...don't really think it is him, but since the admins at CV have to approve all members wondering how if it was him he could have slipped through without them knowing..they do ask for references. Whole thing is just weird to me..still can't imagine Clay writing those posts.

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Oh yeah -- references. I remember when I applied, I had to contact dudley directly, because I knew her from the CH and I was pretty sure she'd put in a good word for me. *g* I have to admit I read CV once in a blue moon at this point, but it's still nice to have a membership there. (Bonus points for getting in on their cellcert subscriptions, especially during the last show of the TnT tour. That show was clear as a bell!)

I sometimes think I'd love to write up a "history" of this fandom. There's been so many dates of drama -- from boobgate, to the summer of "if it's true" (regarding Jaymes' pregnancy) to fake baby mama. It's an interesting fandom, to say the least. (But then, I think, once you're on the "inside," there's no going back, and there's no way I could record any of these objectively. I also think that almost all fandoms have these kinds of things...)

couchie, that was at the end of 2007 -- so that was 3 1/2 years ago. How time flies!

I don't remember having to go to much trouble when I joined CV. Maybe it was because it was after Clay came out and they had lost members but it seemed pretty easy. Not even sure if I mentioned that Perma was the one who told me about it.

And unless Clay has a split personality, it's hard for me to believe that he is wackyjacky. I can see it being Jaymes or even Faye, because it sounds more like someone who cares about Clay but isn't particularly tactful in how they address fans, which is why I lean more towards Jaymes. Although I agreed with her posts at OFC, some of them even irked me a little because of how they were stated. Also since Clay himself has made fun of himself about hating to tweet and not even blogging enough at the OFC, I can't see him expecting us to fix his problem with twitter. He is smart, and he does know that he's the one who'd have to fix it, if he'd even want to.

I don't remember needing references for CV when I joined, but that was in late 2006. I could be wrong though and just not be remembering correctly. :blink: I have a horrible, horrible memory, except it seems when it comes to Clay!

I have to admit - I don't actually understand the point of Twitter. I don't think everyone (including Clay) is that interesting, 24/7...people just post whatever floats off the top of their brain and other people read it? Is someone getting paid? If you pay me, I'll twit about stuff! If you pay me, I won't twit about stuff! Okay, it's clear I just wanna get paid. But then, I don't understand Facebook either. It told me the other day that merrieeee was my friend and that my son was my child. I think I sort of knew that already. So I agreed with it. And it went away.

I don't know much about what happened at CV about Wackyjacky, but my understanding was that he/she posted a "from Clay" message and Dancermom immediately read him/her the riot act, erased the post and banned further posts. She was then contacted by "Someone" who informed her that the posts were coming from an unidentified (at least to the Board) person on Team Clay and gave enough proof that she and the other admins were satisfied. She reinstated the posts and put a bag over her head.

No clue who any of the backstage people were, but that was the story as it played out on CV.

I don't know much about what happened at CV about Wackyjacky, but my understanding was that he/she posted a "from Clay" message and Dancermom immediately read him/her the riot act, erased the post and banned further posts. She was then contacted by "Someone" who informed her that the posts were coming from an unidentified (at least to the Board) person on Team Clay and gave enough proof that she and the other admins were satisfied. She reinstated the posts and put a bag over her head.

No clue who any of the backstage people were, but that was the story as it played out on CV.

Interesting, I am a member of CV and never heard any of this..the infamous back channels again? Personally, I think there was some major over-reaction going on and no need to read anyone the "riot act". People are free to say whatever they want about Clay and his career, choices and decisions...I figure he or his team should have the same right.

Kim

I don't think references were needed at CV early on, but after the whole Fake Baby Mama and Fake Clay business, I think they got a little stricter.

Kim

Interesting, I am a member of CV and never heard any of this..the infamous back channels again? Personally, I think there was some major over-reaction going on and no need to read anyone the "riot act". People are free to say whatever they want about Clay and his career, choices and decisions...I figure he or his team should have the same right.

Kim

No backchannels - that all played out on the main thread at CV pre-tour.

Kim

No backchannels - that all played out on the main thread at CV pre-tour.

I guess I missed it..because I don't remember reading anything about the admins being contacted.

Kim

Definitely not back channel. I'm not that important and don't know anyone!

The riot act was because Dmom thought Wacky was a troll trying to stir the turd by pretending to be Clay.

I thought the whole thing was a hoot, nothing more. I don't really care if Clay or Team Clay posts or blogs or twits. As long as I can hear the voice!

I definitly remember this all coming about just before the tour and dancermom was a wittle scawwed she had ended up on some "list" after banning WJ. :cryingwlaughter:

......and for the record since nobody asked :whistling-1: my money is on it being Jaymes.

KAndre BWAH!!!

Posthoing to add -

From CV - a few tweets about Constantine's version of UM...

TVReviewProgram Oh no... Clay Aiken is somewhere throwing things at his TV right now. He owns this one on the #Idol stage. This is not good at all. #AI

2 minutes ago via HootSuite

TheWittyGuru NO SIR! CLAY AIKEN'S IS BETTER!!!

2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

DevinAnne the only person who should be performing unchained melody on the idol stage is @clayaiken

6 minutes ago via web

Didn't hear it but I still agree with all three tweets! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim

I listened to it twice, and it didn't get better when I actually had to watch him perform it. That was all kinds of wrong. He sounded horrible, the arrangement took all the beauty out of the song, and he still has that creepy look thing he does. Double blech.

Never saw that Iggy Pops person before, but the name is familiar, however I'm not going to go looking for anything of his on youtube. Can't say much for most of the people they book on this show as "talent".

I don't watch the results show. But Constantine is in a show playing here in the Bay Area. Looks like everybody and their mama is coming back to perform this season or maybe that's the way it always is. I've had a long hiatus.

Thanks for catching me up on that twitter thing. Frankly I'd rather it be another crazy fan than someone from team Clay. That's what his fan club is for isn't it? Or twitter? LOL. Still don't know the reason for following someone on twitter who doesn't tweet. I never joined myspace either...felt that was more of a young person thing. Kandre you crack me up.

Trying to stay away so I can go get my mom. Her flight was delayed.

:GM_FCA:

It's raining, I don't have to work today; I do have to go grocery shopping...that's about it...another day in my exciting life!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Thanks for catching me up on that twitter thing. Frankly I'd rather it be another crazy fan than someone from team Clay. That's what his fan club is for isn't it?

Ah, but you have to PAY to join the Fan Club. Twitter is free. And in this day and age, people like free.

Or twitter? LOL. Still don't know the reason for following someone on twitter who doesn't tweet.

With Twitter, you have a choice of having tweets from people you're following sent to your cellphone or not. Most of the ones I follow, I do not -- it got really annoying when 5 tweets from the same person would come through when I'm in a meeting (even if my cellphone is on vibrate, it's still annoying). (bc, you're really right about that "balance" that you mentioned regarding Twitter...) But -- last year, when I was touring Washington, DC, I got text message from Team Clay (followed closely by a text message from merrieeee *g*) telling me about the Day in the Life thing being available. While it killed me, in some ways, to know there was something waiting for me at the end of the day, I also liked knowing about it that quickly.

I think much of it just depends on what you get used to. As I said, I LOVE Facebook, because I get a lot of entertainment value, not to mention knowledge of current events, from it. There is news that my friends find that I could never find on my own -- and I'm sure I find the same for my friends.

Anyway, back to the Twitter thing. I think fans thought Team Clay would actually BE Clay on Twitter, and would send out witty repartee to entertain "us." He's just not into that kind of thing, though. Social media is a marketing tool (a free one, no less), and yet, he seems to not want to do it, even if it could help his career in the long run. I can't get into his brain, so I have no idea what he's thinking. Shrug.

Trying to stay away so I can go get my mom. Her flight was delayed.

Hope she made it home safe, and say "hi" to her from me!