#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

Love your tea story jmh. It happened to me with a Spice Island combination of spices. I searched everywhere to find it as it made my homemade soups and stews distinctive, at least to me. I found it on the internet but had to order six bottles of it as a minimum. I figure each bottle stays fresh as long as I don't open it. :whistling-1:

I couldn't fall back to sleep tonight after my male cat came in meowing really loud and I had to get up and see what the problem was i,e, mouse or other animal he might have brought in, but he only wanted to be petted. :naughtywag:

ETA: Did you wash wool coats too?

Thanks for appreciating my tea story. It's one of my favorites (lilyshine probably could've told it word for word) but it had a new happy ending this time. :cryingwlaughter:

Fascinating, luckiest. I didn't know how chai was made for realz. Makes me want to try it. Ldyj I can't believe you have espresso before bed! And can sleep!

No, I didn't wash wool coats, Fear, I'd be skeered to. I only have a couple, and I didn't wear either this winter. I try to buy washable coats, all clothes really.

:hello:treenuts. Hope you are reading us on your Nook.

The city I always used to get lost in is Durham. Downtown Durham is a maze. All of Durham is a maze. I wrote a poem about getting lost in Durham once. I went there last week and had some deja vu moments. I worked in Durham for a long time once upon a time, lived a couple of places there, socialized there. And got lost there. Generally speaking, I almost always get lost on the way to something, and almost never get lost on the way home. Durham is the one city where I would get lost on the way home. Every time I went somewhere I'd never been before, I got lost on the way back. Really lost.

I used to get lost a lot. I don't get lost very often anymore. Google maps with directions really helps me. But if I'm going to get lost, I'd rather get lost in the country than in a city. I try to stay within a very narrow range of venues in Raleigh, and make sure of my directions in advance, and bring them with me too. I got lost on the way to my Mom's wake in Raleigh near downtown. It was dark and raining and lots of one-way streets. Lots of y'all have been downtown, and know what I mean. I got lost when my dentist moved, they're in far north Raleigh, because I forgot to bring the directions with me. Then the next time I did fine, except for mis-remembering the name of the road they are on. :imgtongue: Bad case of over-confidence.

Big cities I find easiest to get around in: San Francisco, New York, Hong Kong.

{{{Hugs to all grandmas}}}

ldyj, you wanted reasons too? :cryingwlaughter: Ok, mine are usually concert related. Perfect Day because I love the vibe of the song and I loved it when he sang it in concert on the IT. He just seemed to love it too. O Holy Night has been my favourite Christmas song since I was a little girl, so I was thrilled when Clay sang it - I had been searching for a great version of it for years. I loved the version Jesse Vargas came up with on the Christmas tours early on. Right Here Waiting - what can I say? It's my song. I hated the original, and I wasn't looking forward to Clay covering it, but the first time I heard it, I feel head over heels in love with it. I love the lyrics, I love the guitar, and then Clay reworking it at the gala and dedicating it to the fans just put me over the top. I still cry when I watch that performance. All Is Well - one word. Merrillville. The note. I am sure you remember it well. :) Everything I Don't Need had a great gala performance too, but it was my favourite before that. It's just so different from anything else Clay has ever recorded, and I love the little 'well now' (sticks tongue out at 'well well' believers). Moon River - I love the instrumentation around the song, and I just love everything about it. Not one I expected to fall in love with, that's for sure. But sometimes it just happens.

aikim, beautiful baby!

My dogs and their barking at night is driving me crazy. Since the May 24th weekend and the fireworks, there have been few nights where they didn't spend half of it barking and running up and down the stairs. Last night there were these loud noises that sounded almost like gunshots every few minutes....I am sure they were probably fireworks of some kind that kids got a hold of, but man, they were annoying. I am the kind of person that falls asleep very easily, but if I am woken up it is sometimes difficult to get back to sleep. So I just find myself getting more and more frustrated as the night goes on. Thankfully, they eventually settled down last night and it was actually light out when I woke up this morning. That is a rarity!

:GM_FCA:

"waves to luckiest1"... another "well now" believer here!

48 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Pfthbt to the "well, now" people. *g*

aikim, your grandson is adorable!

I now swear by GPS systems, even though they can take you some...interesting ways. My new phone has one built in, and I love it. We used it for the concert last night.

Speaking of which...Weird Al rocks. He's still hysterical, and does a great job spoofing current music. At one point he walked right by me!

OK, gotta run. Just got a call that I need cover a different branch for a few hours this morning. Bye!

Hi Gang sorry I haven't been here in a while. No idea as to why but anyway, the reason dogs are attracted to 'kitty poop" is because of the ammonia in it as well as the fat content. I know, sounds gross.

Hope everyone is surviving the heat.

Sunny but hot on the LAKE today.

I'm with ldyj, I'm a "well, well" person. *g*

I just got one of the best emails ever, I got the internship!! I start next Wednesday, but I get to help out with an event this Thursday already. :)

:GA_FCA:

Interesting discussion about the cities that prove mazes to each of us. These are all reflected in the Carolina On My Mind comments. Several agreed with me about my Winston nemesis, while others didn't understand.

Following Caro and Fear's statements, this is one reason I like the Detroit area. All the main E/W roads are Mile Roads. All the major N/S have names. You can't really get lost till you're downtown. *g* I've been to Lubbock, TX twice and they have a road system similar to ours, numbered avenues E/W and then USA city names N/S. It makes it easy to find out where you're going. :)

Caro best of luck to you with your surgery.

Thank you, shortyjill. Having lived in Lubbock for several years, teaching band/orchestra or writing for the Avalanche-Journal, I agree completely. This is probably one of best laid-out cities anywhere. :whistling-1:

Congratulations on the internship! :dancetom:

Caro, no offense. It still confuses me to go around the airport in Greensboro. Seems like they build a new road around it everytime I'm headed that way. And Raleigh, forget it. A few years ago I was on a committee that had meetings every month at the same place and I don't think I went the same way twice.

Several people who commented in my blog agreed with you about Raleigh, Fear. One couldn't understand my problems with Winston. I'm just glad my sister and BIL are around to guide me back on track. :)

Austin is a doll, aikim. Thnx for sharing him with us! :snoopy:

Have a great week, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

Congrats Shortyjill.

I have no sense of direction and I get lost everywhere I go. GPS is the best thing ever. In my little town it's like there a ton of tiny neighborhoods with 2 or 3 ways in and out. So you can get lost if you don't which are your exit streets. Tonight I walked home from weight watchers class. I just looked it up and it's 2.07 miles. I didn't stick to the main road but took what I hoped would get me home faster. The further I walked off the main road the more I thought I would get stuck in a maze and never come out on the other side. But fortunately I did without having to backtrack.

Favorite performance from each album?

1. MOAM Perfect Day was my favorite song but Clay's version of I will Carry You on Oprah was stunning.

2. ATDW: Broken Wings is my favorite on the album -- Favorite performance is When I See You Smile

3. OMWH: Favorite song - As Long as We're here. I haven't seen or heard enough of these songs to have a favorite performance.

4. MCWL: Very hard it's a tie..favorites and favorite performances -- Mary Did You Know and Don't Save it all for Xmas Day

5. All Is Well -- Surprisingly my favorite on this is Christmas Waltz. I don't even think I heard it before Clay.

6 Tried and True - Suspicious Minds is one of my all time favorite Clay songs. So even with the beauty of Crying on the album I'd still go with Suspicious Minds.

And now I'm thinking about all my favorites over the years that aren't on any album.

47 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Favorite performance. The most exciting time was at TnT in Raleigh for PBS. I could not sit down. His voice was so spot on. But if I had to pick one song, it was "Home" in "Bringing Broadway Home". Voice spot on again that night.

Thanks everyone! :) I'm so excited!

ONE performance??? Oh gosh that's harder than picking a favorite song off a CD. I think I have to go with A Thousand Days from Kimmel. That is the way that song SHOULD have been performed all along.

Can favorite duet be next? I have one that tied for this one but if it's made a separate category I'm good to go! :teehee1:

ONE PERFORMANCE? ha ha. Easy for me. Good News from El Cahon. Favorite performance ever. I have literally watched or listened to it a hundred times. I like to listen to it when I'm sad or happy. It works on me in different ways.

I know we are a small group here but if anyone can make a small donation to FCA I would appreciate it greatly. My paypal address is aearlye@yahoo.com

I got a quote for some dental work I need today and it ain't pretty. The payment plan will wipe me out for a few months but I have to get it done. Unfortunately all my extra curricular activities will take a back seat for a bit. Canadians, is dental covered under your universal health coverage - if so I might have to take a run for the border!

couchie, no dental is not covered under our provincial health insurance. My employer offers health & dental coverage (over and above what is already covered) so I get my dental that way. Not that I personally visit the dentist...:whistling-1:

PS I sent you a few bucks to help out with FCA.

Favourite performance ever? Oh geez. How to pick? I'll get back to you.

Favorite performance ever? All is Well in Merrillville..I still get goosebumps when I watch it..I remember sitting there holding my breath with the rest of the audience and then the eruption when he nailed that last note. And for pure fun..Those Magic Changes.

46 Days until Clay is on DDD!Yahoo.gif

Kim

Interview with Margaret Cho in out.com

Catching up with Margaret Cho

Speaking of Georgia, Drop Dead Diva starts its third season this month, and includes appearances from Wanda Sykes, Clay Aiken, Lance Bass, and Kathy Griffin — which sounds like the gayest dinner party in modern history.

Pretty gay. And pretty great. I know Wanda and Kathy very well. Lance I actually met at Kathy’s house years and years ago. And Clay is a new friend. I enjoy working with all of them.

Clay to take part in 2011 Outfest.... July 7 - 17 in LA.....

http://losangeles.broadwayworld.com/articl...y-7-17-20110608

<snip>

Margaret Cho, Lance Bass, Clay Aiken, series creator Josh Berman and director Jamie Babbit will take part in a panel of Lifetime's "Drop Dead Diva." The discussion follows a sneak preview of an upcoming episode inspired by the headline-making true story of Mississippi teen Constance McMillan who was denied access to her high school prom because she wanted to attend with her girlfriend. This special episode will air during the upcoming third season of "Drop Dead Diva" which returns June 19th on Lifetime at 9pmET/PT.

Woohoo! That sounds like a fun festival, actually, and I hope someone can catch this on video. (Hint, hint...) If nothing else, I look forward to hearing about Clay and Wanda Sykes together again -- she's so much fun, and I can see her and him getting along rather well. (Besides, she was on his first appearance on Leno as well!)

Today my DH told me he is paying for my DD and I to go to Bratislava for a vacation! Guess when we are going? Yep beginning of July. Thank goodness for clack!

I am really excited for this trip as we will be going to Prague and Vienna and maybe to Budapest, places I have never been.

Woohoo! That sounds like a fun festival, actually, and I hope someone can catch this on video. (Hint, hint...) If nothing else, I look forward to hearing about Clay and Wanda Sykes together again -- she's so much fun, and I can see her and him getting along rather well. (Besides, she was on his first appearance on Leno as well!)

There are 4 people from CV going...so most likely clack.

Sounds like a great trip Merrieee!

Kim