#61: Eight years of freakishly fun tours...and yes, he's still the one!

ldyjocelyn

Next FCA Thread Title  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'm not a regular drinker, but after every Clay concert I need something hard.
    • So I'm a filty-mouthed degenerate, with the hots for a gay singer. I don't see a problem.
    • I drank the koolaid and it was mighty fine.
    • It is a good cult!
    • I think that caused another kerfuffle.
    • I live in Clay World. And I'm not moving.
    • The Worst Bad Boys For You: The Ones That Only Look Non-Threatening

:GM_FCA:

45 Days until The Gala! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

:7: For ldyj going to the gala. I'll be there too. Now I gotta start saving for next year so I can see Couchie again, although I hope Clay gives us more opportunities next year for get togethers.

I worked on Labor Day but it was with different clients so it was nice to have a change of pace. I'm training to work in other houses, which will give me more chances to work overtime. Plus it's cool to get a chance to meet more of the clients, and I love seeing the other houses. ARC has some really nice homes for the clients.

I also got my first calls last week for subbing, both at the same school, which is where I worked a good bit last term. A full day with 5th graders, many who I worked with last year, and a half day with 2nd graders. Thank goodness it wasn't the other way around. These 2nd graders were cute but I might have been tempted to gag some of those kids and tie them to their chairs. These were some of the kids I'd worked last year in 1st grade and unfortunately, I think they still need medicated. Either that or I should have taken more drugs.

:GM_FCA:

44 Days until The Gala!Yahoo.gif

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR GALA ATTENDEES!

Just got this email:

Dear Champions Gala Attendee,

Thank you so much for your generous support of the National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala scheduled to take place in Raleigh, NC on October 21 & 22, 2011. We are so excited to be spending a special evening with you in celebration of the work that the National Inclusion Project does for children across the country.

However, I am writing to you with news of an important date change. Due to an unavoidable scheduling conflict with a network television show, I am unfortunately not able to host you on the original date. So to avoid disappointment, the Gala has been rescheduled for December 9 & 10, 2011, and I do hope you will be able to join us then when we will be delighted to celebrate the impact that has been made on the lives of children with and without disabilities. We have been fortunate to be able to reserve Fletcher Auditorium located in Downtown Raleigh, where I will be able to give you an expanded performance. Since the event will be during the Holiday season, it will give me a chance to share some of your favorite Holiday songs, which we have not had the opportunity to do in several years.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but very much look forward to seeing you December 9th & 10th. We have all updates and answers to many questions at www.inclusionproject.org. You can then contact my colleagues at the National Inclusion Project office with further questions at contactus@inclusionproject.org or by calling 919-314-5540 and please remember to inform your guests.

With warm regards,

Clay Aiken

National Inclusion Project Co-Chair

Hmm....rescheduling due to a TV show?

And good thing I didn't buy the plane ticket yet!

Gala Date has changed,, looks like Clay has something coming up!:

GALA CHANGE:

http://www.inclusionproject.org/news.php?id=130

9/08/2011

Important Information about the Champions Gala

Thank you so much for your generous support of the National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala scheduled to take place in Raleigh, NC on October 21 & 22, 2011. We are so excited to be spending a special evening with you in celebration of the work that the National Inclusion Project does for children across the country.

However, I am writing to you with news of an important date change. Due to an unavoidable scheduling conflict with a network television show, I am unfortunately not able to host you on the original date. So to avoid disappointment, the Gala has been rescheduled for December 9 & 10, 2011, and I do hope you will be able to join us then when we will be delighted to celebrate the impact that has been made on the lives of children with and without disabilities. We have been fortunate to be able to reserve Fletcher Auditorium located in Downtown Raleigh, where I will be able to give you an expanded performance. Since the event will be during the Holiday season, it will give me a chance to share some of your favorite Holiday songs, which we have not had the opportunity to do in several years.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but very much look forward to seeing you December 9th & 10th. We have all updates and answers to many questions at www.inclusionproject.org/gala. You can then contact my colleagues at the National Inclusion Project office with further questions at contactus@inclusionproject.org or by calling 919-314-5540 and please remember to inform your guests.

With warm regards,

Clay Aiken

National Inclusion Project Co-Chair

`````````````````

my bolding !! wassup?

Oh wow. I wish this had come a day or two earlier, as I just booked flights for something else in December, on those exact dates. I guess gala this year really wasn't meant to be for me. Still, I am excited to find out what network TV show he's talking about!!!!

Hugs to anyone who already has their flights booked for October.

Has the bitching started yet? Or haven't most of them gotten home yet? I do feel bad for those who had reservations and stuff but I'm not up to another round of complaints. I've only been here and NNHB for the last few months and it's been so much more stress free for me.

Except for the fact that I'll have to wait longer to see Clay, it actually sounds like it's gonna be better all the way around. Clay's going to be on my tv again and I'll get a holiday treat. And it looks like he's gonna have more like a mini concert so I'm happy.

Couchie, think you can come this year now? It gives you another couple of months and it can be an early Christmas.

Has the bitching started yet? Or haven't most of them gotten home yet? I do feel bad for those who had reservations and stuff but I'm not up to another round of complaints. I've only been here and NNHB for the last few months and it's been so much more stress free for me.

Except for the fact that I'll have to wait longer to see Clay, it actually sounds like it's gonna be better all the way around. Clay's going to be on my tv again and I'll get a holiday treat. And it looks like he's gonna have more like a mini concert so I'm happy.

Couchie, think you can come this year now? It gives you another couple of months and it can be an early Christmas.

So far it seems like most are making do..rescheduling...there are a few that may not be able to make it, but I think most are happy that the change is because of Clay's career..so looking on the bright side.

Speaking of looking on the bright side..I couldn't make the October Gala, but I am seriously considering asking hubby if he wants to make a trip to Raleigh in December..sort of a combined, birthday, anniversary and Christmas gift...I have days off coming...it is so so tempting!

Kim

Go for it Kim. Sounds like it's going to be fun and I'm sure Clay feels bad about rescheduling so he'll probably make it extra special for us.