Gala 2011

FearofH2O

I've made my plans to attend the Gala this year. Is anyone else planning on attending? The date is October 22, 2011 at 5PM.

Attendees:

Allclaylong

Cagney

canfly

clayzedover

Desertrose

duckyvee

evelyn

FearofH2O

fromClaygary

gbmifan

jmh123

justclay12

HippoGA

ldyjocelyn

iadoreclay

merrieeee

preden

sanebc

Scarlett

WinnieB

YeahYourgifted

I'm so happy to be able to see so many friends at the Gala.

I'am going to the Gala this year and getting ticket on Tues. Last year it was so much fun and the changes they made were so much better for the Gala. Hope we can get together for breakfast like we did before. LOve putting faces with the board names.

I'm going, along with canfly and some other friends that post at other boards. YeahYourGifted and Allclaylong will be there.

Is there any plans for having a breakfast on Sunday after the gala? Or any other get together?

I'm going, along with canfly and some other friends that post at other boards. YeahYourGifted and Allclaylong will be there.

Is there any plans for having a breakfast on Sunday after the gala? Or any other get together?

I think we can meet in the Marriott restaurant like we did last year. I'll try for a count sometime in September unless someone else wants to take it on somewhere else. We just ordered and paid for whatever we wanted. I think there was about thirty of us. There was plenty of room to add on extra people at the last moment.

FromClaygary is doing a bus tour on Friday and has a waiting list for another bus to be potentially added on Sunday.

So glad to hear you are all coming. Is it all right if I add their names to our list?

Sorry I'm just now getting back to you. Yes, feel free to add all of them. I'm sure most will want to hang out. I'll check and see who will want to join us that day. Is this for a breakfast on Sunday? I'll also see if anyone would be interested in the Friday bus tour. Think canfly will have to fly out on Sunday afternoon though.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR GALA ATTENDEES!

Just got this email:

Dear Champions Gala Attendee,

Thank you so much for your generous support of the National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala scheduled to take place in Raleigh, NC on October 21 & 22, 2011. We are so excited to be spending a special evening with you in celebration of the work that the National Inclusion Project does for children across the country.

However, I am writing to you with news of an important date change. Due to an unavoidable scheduling conflict with a network television show, I am unfortunately not able to host you on the original date. So to avoid disappointment, the Gala has been rescheduled for December 9 & 10, 2011, and I do hope you will be able to join us then when we will be delighted to celebrate the impact that has been made on the lives of children with and without disabilities. We have been fortunate to be able to reserve Fletcher Auditorium located in Downtown Raleigh, where I will be able to give you an expanded performance. Since the event will be during the Holiday season, it will give me a chance to share some of your favorite Holiday songs, which we have not had the opportunity to do in several years.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but very much look forward to seeing you December 9th & 10th. We have all updates and answers to many questions at www.inclusionproject.org. You can then contact my colleagues at the National Inclusion Project office with further questions at contactus@inclusionproject.org or by calling 919-314-5540 and please remember to inform your guests.

With warm regards,

Clay Aiken

National Inclusion Project Co-Chair

I will definitely work on a free form breakfast for Sunday. Last year we had a long table at the Marriott, we sat where we wanted to and ordered our own food. I just kept track of who was coming, made a few calls and made sure we had enough seats. They didn't seem to mind that we sat there for three hours talking. It's just nice to get to say goodbye to everyone.

I won't be able to set up or even attend a breakfast this year. Due to all the changes at the Gala this year, they changed the roundtable to Sunday morning at, I believe 9:30. Since we are doing WFI again this year, I really want to go to the roundtable. Other options are Saturday evening after the concert or Friday evening after the Gala meeting. It is chock full weekend.

If anyone has a brilliant idea go for it.

Last year we ran into quite a few people at the Marriott bar. There are also several bars downtown which should stay open late enough.

There's a place at the Sheraton called "the Bar". But as you say, you run into lots of folks at the Marriott. Ldyj and I are staying there. Is everyone staying there? I might prefer meeting elsewhere if we can get a group together, just because if it's a huge crowd at the Marriott it could get to be too much for me. But I do want to be sure and see everyone. Boy, talk about decisive! LOL

Cagney and I are going to the Gala. :twinklewhore:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven`t posted it for a very long time, just wanted to mention I`ll be at the gala travelling with WinnieB from cv. We are staying at the Sheraton, arriving Thursday evening leaving Sunday afternoon! Looking forward to seeing you all again!

Oh wow preden, you lucky duck! Guess where I'll be? Quebec City. :P

I haven`t posted it for a very long time, just wanted to mention I`ll be at the gala travelling with WinnieB from cv. We are staying at the Sheraton, arriving Thursday evening leaving Sunday afternoon! Looking forward to seeing you all again!