# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

:GM_FCA:

I think the reaction to the whole PBS comment has been a little over the top..I don't seriously think PBS is in danger of losing its funding.

15 Days until the Gala! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

A very small percentage of people who watch donate to PBS. I appreciate that their shows are not interrupted by commercials and am willing to donate in order to keep it that way. If everyone who watched the shows on PBS donated a small amount, there would probably be no need for governmental funding. But since it's there we all take it for granted. All kids watch Sesame Street no matter how their parents vote.

This year we decided to volunteer to tutor fifth graders in Math in addition to Kindergartners in reading. The kids are great again this year and I love how excited they get to see us. Starting on WFI again this year as well as tax preparation for seniors and those in need. My calendar is filling up and I'm excited about it.

Have a great day!

It's nice to see that the scout's family supports him. It feels bad to walk past the cub scouts selling baked goods since they really haven't chosen the boy scouts prejudices, but A message has to be sent to the leaders. I would never talk to the cub scouts about it. I usually just say no thank you. Both of my sons were in cub scouts but the older one dropped out as he doesn't like conformity. A letter to the boy scouts is warranted.

At times like this I wish I could let go and make my tweets public, but since I can't....

If he really wants to, he can easily find Downton Abbey on the internet. Season 3, right now in fact. It started on September 16th in the UK and there's no shortage of ways of seeing it. I do think the whole PBS line was stupid to say, but I don't really believe it either.

I use something called tunnelbear which for $5 a month gives me the chance to see all the programs on the BBC iPlayer and the ITV player as well. I have seen all of the new Downton Abbeys and caught up on a lot of British shows that I cannot see otherwise. I love it and worth every penny! And yes I tweeted Clay that if he used that he could have seen them already.

14 Days until the Gala! :yahoo:

Kim

13 Days until the Gala! :yahoo:

Kim

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!! :)

Went to the apple orchard yesterday with some friends. It was a great time!! Out in the orchard though you can tell they had a rough season. There were very few good apples left on the trees. It was kinda sad, I've never seen orchard trees so bare. Somehow though they still managed to make gallons upon gallons of apple cider! I had some last night when I got home and remembered why cider from the orchard is so much better than from the store. Yum!!

I'm at a conference pretty much all day for the next three days, so at this point, I'm expecting something good to come from Clay. It usually does when I'm really busy! Have a great day everyone!

11 Days until the Gala! :yahoo:

Kim

I hope you are right ldyj.

After our tutoring this morning, we've been politicking. we were trying to get signs for my neighbor, who travels all the time and asked if we would get her some. Now we are heading out to deliver signs for one of our candidates. I had to look up all the addresses on google before we head out. Anyway, we are busy enough that i haven't had time to worry about any Clay related activities. I did see an email from the NIP on my phone but haven't followed the link yet.

The email contains the details of the gala schedule.

We have had to amend our travel plans for the gala, because my daughter was just told about a mid-term exam that she must write at 9 a.m. on the 19th. She tried to get it moved or at least get permission to write it early, but the prof wouldn't budge. So we are now not leaving until approx 10:30 a.m. on Friday. Our plan is to stop for the night about an hour and a half outside of D.C., and then drive the rest of the way in the light of day. We've heard some not-so-good things about D.C. traffic and don't want to take any chances, navigating unfamiliar roads in the dark. ;)

10 Days until the Gala! :yahoo:

Kim

Ooooh, this makes me want to really be rich.

Charity Buzz -- bid on a private singing lesson with Clay Aiken!

Tune up those pipes with the guidance of an artist who's sold millions! Clay Aiken, singer, writer and actor, will instruct you on all things vocal in a one-on-one session.

Since coming to national attention on the second season of American Idol in 2003, Clay Aiken has evolved into a versatile and beloved popular entertainer. He has released five well-received albums, selling over 6 million units as of 2011. In October 2003, he launched his first solo album Measure of a Man. The record sold 3 million copies and debuted at number one on the Billboard 200. With 613,000 copies sold in the first week, it was the highest selling first album for a solo artist in ten years, going double-platinum and netting Aiken an American Music Award.

Aiken also penned a best-selling memoir in 2004. Readers and critics alike embraced his style and his message in Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life. The book was an instant New York Times bestseller, holding the prestigious spot for seven weeks. In addition to taking the stage on nine separate tours, in 2008 Clay Aiken began his critically lauded stint as the inept yet endearing Sir Robin in the Broadway musical Monty Python's Spamalot Variety reported that his January 2008 debut benefited the show with a huge uptick in sales. Clay proved to be a tour de force that prompted director Mike Nichols to label Aiken â€oean excellent comic actor and a master of character.

Throughout his career, Aiken has continuously been a supportive activist on behalf of children. As he has often explained: "My music career has allowed me to do the same thing I was doing before work with kids. It has just given me a bigger stage, so I can enact change on a grander scale." Clay has been an ambassador for UNICEF since 2004; the same year he started the National Inclusion Project with co-founder Diane Bubel. NIP supports the integration of children with disabilities into the same environments as their non-disabled peers.

He has toured nine times, written a New York Times bestselling memoir, sold more than six million albums, produced and hosted television programs, starred on Broadway, and devoted considerable energy and resources to improving the lives of children all over the world.

Terms: To be scheduled at a mutually agreed upon date and location. We expect all winning bidders and their guests to conduct themselves appropriately when attending an experience won at Charitybuzz. Polite manners and respect for the generous donor and adherence to any rules or parameters are a must. Expires 1 year from the close of auction. Cannot be transferred. Cannot be resold or re-auctioned.

Shipping and Handling The minimum shipping, handling and applicable insurance for this item is $9.95. Additional shipping charges may apply based upon the location of the winner. Hard copies of tickets, travel certificates and merchandise are shipped via FedEx or professional shipping service. Detailed redemption information for non-tangible items will be emailed to the winning bidder.

Donated by: Clay Aiken

Benefits The Tyra Banks TZONE at the Lower Eastside Girls Club Community Center.

9 Days until the Gala! :yahoo:

Kim