# 63: Clay Aiken for President!

ldyjocelyn

The Clay tweet I posted above (he did two more after I posted that one) was quoted in this celebrity roundup of the debates on Hollywoodlife.com

Two Minutes with Dee Snider

Who should have won your season of “The Apprentice?” Clay Aiken or Arsenio Hall?Absolutely Clay, in a heartbeat; Arsenio was not deserving. Analyze what he did. He was a nice guy, but doing things – he did nothing. Clay was clearly better. Here’s what was not shown on TV. Trump asked the entire cast who they thought should win and they said Clay. Arsenio is a nice guy, but who was more deserving? Clay.

Celebrity Apprentice All-Star Edition cast

The 14 returning contestants for season six of “The Celebrity Apprentice” include La Toya Jackson, rapper Lil’ Jon, actress Lisa Rhinna, rocker Bret Michaels, reality TV star Omarosa Manigault, basketball legend Dennis Rodman, model & radio host Claudia Jordan, country superstar Trace Adkins, actress Brande Roderick, Las Vegas headliner Penn Jillette, rock star Dee Snider, actressMarilu Henner, actor Stephen Baldwin and Oscar nominee Gary Busey.

It will be interesting to see if Penn and Dee discuss Clay at some point. And yes, I may watch this again. Sue me.

:GM_FCA:

I watched the debate and I don't think a good moderator allows one participant to continually interrupt and talk over another participant. I thought Joe Biden was rude and disrespectful with his laughing and smirking and I would say that no matter what party he was from. Paul Ryan had to deal with not only Joe Biden interrupting him but also the moderator at times. I thought it was a good debate and Paul Ryan came across as very classy..maybe a little understated, but I thought he got his points across well..when he was allowed.

8 Days until the Gala! :yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

We have put several hundred miles on the car delivering signs for the candidate we are volunteering to help. Yesterday we did about an 80 mile round trip to one of the farthest corners of our fifth district to deliver one sign. Going there we saw a vineyard that was serving lunch so we decided to stop there on the way back It was Childress Vineyards, which is owned by Richard Childress, I believe he is or was envolved in racing. Very lovely Spanish influenced buildings with beautiful landscaping. There were rose bushes at the end of the rows of grape vines. Lunch was very good. My husband enjoyed their Malbec wine. I really enjoyed a dessert of angel food cake with Chantilly cream and orange sections served in a short mason jar. Good thing I only had 1/2 a sandwich and a salad for my entree. Bad news is I had planned lunch today with friends at a notorious lunch eatery with great desserts.

One week before we leave for the Gala. :cheerleader:

Hard to believe that Dee & Penn want to put themselves through that again. Unless Clay is brought in as an advisor (which I hope doesn't happen) I won't be watching again. I'm so over that show. I am, however, really looking forward to Gala next weekend! Eeeeeee! I missed last year and I still regret it.

• Like 1

7 Days until the Gala! :yahoo:

Kim

Penn is a big wind bag. What a phoney! I am glad that Clay is not going to be on this one. I will never watch this show again, and until now I have watched every episode. Never again. OK, qualifying that I will watch if Clay is on again, but seriously doubt that will happen.

Can't wait for the Gala. See everyone there. Where are you all staying? And when do you get there? Clayann and I get there on Wednesday. We got the NIP rate at the Marriott for Thursday through Sunday.

See you all there!!!!

I am so jealous of al those going to the Gala but I do hope you all have fun and bring back some wonderful stories. Any chance one of you could grab him either on the way in or out of the Gala and snatch a photo or two....or three? That would be cool !!!!! :cocktail:

I am so jealous of al those going to the Gala but I do hope you all have fun and bring back some wonderful stories. Any chance one of you could grab him either on the way in or out of the Gala and snatch a photo or two....or three? That would be cool !!!!! :cocktail:

Since almost everyone has a cell phone with a camera, it would be possible. But every gala I've been at, we are usually sitting and he appears from behind a curtain. Then leaves before we get out. I guess he could be staying at the Marriott. I'm so observant, I would walk by Clay and not see him. It'll be fun .

I'm not going to the Gala either, but to fill that day I'll be out seeing Perks of Being A Wallflower. I have been waiting all year to see this movie!! :) I think I'm going to get a formal tour of downtown Royal Oak too. It's a great little suburb here everything to offer. Should be a good day! Hopefully I'll come home late enough to read some reports.

In the meantime for this week, Go Tigers!!! :cheerleader: We play game 1 of the ALCS against the Yankees tonight..eep! I believe we're truly the underdog out of all 4 teams left...

shortyjill, I've got to root for the comeback Cardinals! Man, those guys know how to pull things out at the last possible minute!

I'm the rebel within the fandom, I think, because 1) I still like Penn. Yes, he's a blowhard, but he's a funny blowhard, and I can deal with that. Also, 2) I will probably watch this "all star" version of The Apprentice. I'll ignore the drama people (Gary Busey, I'm looking at YOU), but there's a few people that I think are very interesting there. I also know that in the end, it's just a TV show, and as much as I think Clay did get the shaft earlier this year -- well, you know, so many of us have gotten the shaft sometime in their lives. I can't live my life holding on to this kind of unfairness. Shrug.

Today was supposed to be a zoo day with two of my nieces and their families, and my nephew and his boys. Rain, however, negated the entire day. Instead, we went out for lunch and then spent the afternoon at our new Bass Pro Shop! Talk about your American kitsch store, for the hunter and fisherperson in all of us! But it was fun. The only bad thing was this morning, I was straightening up the house, misjudged a step, and fell, hitting my head on a coffee table nearby! No blood, thankfully, but I do have a nice little ball on the side of my head. Gonna feel this tomorrow!

Pulling this from the Clack House:

Emily Lessard @emily_lessard

Dinner with Clay Aiken before Aunt Lisa's show! #speechless pic.twitter.com/0OdHG5EW

A5H5cyJCMAAzgT_.jpg

Very cute!

Emily's aunt is Lisa Lampanelli, who's show is tonight in Raleigh. Clay just tweeted about it:

So pumped for @LisaLampanellishow in Raleigh right now!! Be gentle Lisa!! xoxo ha ha

Daaaaaang he's lookin GOOD!!!!! The whole outfit and the hair reminds me of his early 2008 look. Verra nice!!

--

I'd rather see the Giants advance over the Cardinals. We played the Cards back in the 2006 World Series and that solidified my dislike for them. LOL I will say I have had a problem with them though since the whole Mark McGuire thing ages ago...for some reason it all really bothered me.

I agree looking really good. Another one here who will not be at the Gala. Hoping for great reports. I had so much fun last year and really wanted to go. Ski Patrol recert always is the same weekend. I guess I was lucky last year when it was moved. All I can do is pray that next year the two dates are different.

Think of it this way guys -- there are several of us from FCA going to the Gala, and we will take you all with us in spirit! I really do wish I could afford to take all of you with me...

Speaking of which...

LAST CALL!

If you are planning on going to the FCA dinner on Friday night, please let me know NOW! I will be turning in the final reservation numbers to the restaurant on Monday! This is the list that I have at the moment:

artquest

clayann

couchie

desertrose

evelyn +1

FearofH2O +1

jmh123

KAndre

kimiye

ldyjocelyn

lilyshine

merrieeee

PermaSwooned

PerusingOne

solo

That's 17 people! Here are the details:

Date: Friday, October 19

Time: 7:30 p.m. Eastern

Location: Elephant & Castle Pub, 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue NW in Washington, DC.

Map with the Marriott Hotel (the "A" marker) and the Elephant & Castle (the green arrow)

Dinner menu

It really sucks that I can't make the dinner this time around, but I am just thankful to be able to make the gala! Maybe there will be some sort of a get together afterwards....

I read something on Twitter about Quiana not being a part of the Christmas tour this year. Does anyone know if that's for sure, and if so, how "we" know?

I spent today going from farmer's market to grocery store to Costco superstore, accumulating all sorts of seasonal produce and, on the other end of the spectrum, all sorts of nasty frozen foods for Stuart to indulge in while I am in D.C. and at Skate Canada the next weekend. :)

Tweet from last night:

Love @LisaLampanelli Great friend! Great comic. Excellent show! pic.twitter.com/TmtBYmEq

A5Ir_z7CIAEo6NG.jpg

For those who don't know, Lisa's been in the news lately -- she went through lap band surgery and has lost a lot of weight.

Another from backstage from a guy named Mike Morse:

10-13-12.jpg

:rainbowsmile: In 4 days leaving for Washington!!! staying at the JW Marriott, can't wait for a fun filled weekend of sightseeing, seeing friends and meeting new ones! and of course the gala!!!! I hope it's as special as last year! See you there!

I will be with the Clayversity group at the dinner Friday but will see you all there!!!!

6 Days until the Gala! :yahoo:

Kim