# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

Well we know where Clay is:

@clayaiken: Go see @AfterMidnightNY !! Thanks to @TasiasWord and @DuleHill its one of the MOST fun nights I've had on Broadway EVER!! Just incredible!

@clayaiken: Acted like a total fan in front of @DuleHill at the opening night of @AfterMidnightNY tonight! #westwingforever http://t.co/K5oMOo9Ler

New tweet!

Acted like a total fan in front of @DuleHill at the opening night of @AfterMidnightNY tonight! #westwingforever pic.twitter.com/K5oMOo9Ler

BYMVI28IAAAS54A_zpsdb06268c.jpg

EEEEEE! He's in New York -- "After Midnight" is a show playing right now; Fantasia is part of the opening productions....

186736458_zpsb650d843.jpg

after_midnight_red_carpet_zps99c0fc5b.jpg

Fanty_2_zps7f522683.png

FAnty_3_zps9f70b559.png

I don't pay attention to the ears, but I'm loving the clothes. I also hope he got to speak with kd lang -- she takes over from Fanty in a few months.

I hope this all suggests something good.....

At the VIP picture taking, the first thing I noticed was his well fitting suit with straight legged pants with a perfect crease. Must be part of the more sophisticated look. Something is definitely in the works.

ETA : I think his ears havent changed, he has just grown into them.

More pictures (this time without watermarks, yay!), via CV:

Clay_Aiken_After_Midnight_Broadway_Opening_9CS_wGd7Qnkx_zpsa473e50e.jpg

Clay_Aiken_After_Midnight_Broadway_Opening_a3tOr1lN7cKx_zps035415bf.jpg

Clay_Aiken_After_Midnight_Broadway_Opening_fV_CMHkbW14x_zps36db8ee2.jpg

Clay_Aiken_After_Midnight_Broadway_Opening_c0AbBGtLgXfx_zpsfbed9ff6.jpg

Clay_Aiken_After_Midnight_Broadway_Opening_Ah1M7oQvtZ5x_zps9ea4fb4a.jpg

Clay_Aiken_After_Midnight_Broadway_Opening_EDW_rLd1c6kx_zps15fb3815.jpg

And then there is this one, from the UK's Globe and Mail:

article-2486921-192D81B700000578-185_634x848_zps9dfa63ac.jpg

The caption:

Clay’s no pigeon: Aiken showed off his manly chest in this well tailored grey suit and pink shirt combo

Article link

:GM_FCA:

2 Days until Clay is on Law and Order! :yahoo:

Clay is looking good!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wahoo 2 days. Didn't the fandom as an entity say that when Clay has his lashes dyed that he is planning to be on tv?

aikim, hope your kitchen is getting close to being finished. I always hated the process. We went through three kitchen remodels, the latest this summer.

I've been in the "wait and see" car for quite a while now, but last night started swaying me toward him being on Broadway again. It just seems to fit; however, knowing that shows open and close at a moment's notice (even with a fairly sizeable fanbase *g*), that kinda scares me a bit too. But it would also make me happy, if Clay is happy about it. I'm not sure if I'd be able to see him (going to NYC is expensive, ya'll!), but I know there would be all kinds of stage door reports!

playbill.com

After Midnight, Starring Fantasia Barrino, Adriane Lenox and Dulé Hill, Opens on Broadway; Red Carpet Arrivals

CA_AftMid_zpsae46c983.jpg

broadwayworld.com

Photo Coverage: Inside AFTER MIDNIGHT's Opening Night Theatre Arrivals

Photo Coverage: Inside AFTER MIDNIGHT's Opening Night Theatre Arrivals

by Walter McBrideNovember 4 http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Coverage-Inside-AFTER-MIDNIGHTs-Opening-Night-Theatre-Arrivals-20131104#

Producers Scott Sanders and Wynton Marsalis present After Midnight, directed and choreographed byWarren Carlyleand featuring the big-band sounds of nine-time Grammy Award-winner Wynton Marsalis' Jazz at Lincoln Center All-Stars,After Midnight began previews on Friday, October 18, 2013 at Broadway's Brooks Atkinson Theatre (256 W 47th St) and celebrated opening night yesterday, November 3. BroadwayWorld was there for the special night and you can check out photos from the red carpet arrivals below!

Grammy Award winner Fantasia (The Color Purple) makes her highly anticipated return to the stage alongside Emmy Award nominee Dulé Hill ("The West Wing") in After Midnight, the Broadway production of Encores' critically acclaimed Cotton Club Parade. With 25 sensational singers and dancers and an exciting roster of Special Guest Star headliners, this heart-pounding new musical brings the sexy, smoky glamour of Harlem's Golden Age to a whole new generation

The evocative After Midnight takes the sexy, smoky glamour of the original Jazz Age and catapult it into a whole new era of heart-pounding, mind-blowing entertainment for modern Broadway audiences. Refracted through a contemporary lens, After Midnight will celebrate Duke Ellington's years at the Cotton Club using his original arrangements and performed by a world-class big band of 17 musicians hand-picked by living jazz legend, Wynton Marsalis. The timeless tunes set against a narrative ofLangston Hughes poetry will provide an authentic backdrop for an array of cutting-edge performances by 25 sensational vocalists and dancers, including special guest stars, whose interpretations will shatter everything you think you know about music, nightlife and Broadway.

Photo Credit: Walter McBride

tn-1000_bwwaftermidarrivwm00126668jpgpagespeedcelDMT536c3V_zpsf7ecdec1.jpg

tn-1000_bwwaftermidarrivwm00126670jpgpagespeedceM_vmOX10mL_zps611fb5b0.jpg

tn-1000_bwwaftermidarrivwm00126669jpgpagespeedce92H8K_FocG_zpsd8ccdc32.jpg

I don't pay attention to the ears, but I'm loving the clothes. I also hope he got to speak with kd lang -- she takes over from Fanty in a few months.

I hope this all suggests something good.....

Well, if kd lang is taking over from Fanty, how about Clay taking over from Dule? Would love to have him sing with kd!

Yeah, I've had that dream too -- Clay and kd singing together would be amazing. From what I'm reading of this show, though -- it sounds as if kd lang is an....interesing....choice for this. So having Clay do this show? Would be very interesting. Not out of the realm of possibilities, I hope!

kd's voice is so beautiful, I have always loved her singing and would love to hear her sing with Clay. :cocktail: I've never really cared for Fantasia's voice but I would imagine in a Broadway production she would have to sing in the style the show required...and maybe leave out her "chicken walk." :popcorngirl:

Calurker LOL about the chicken walk. I LOVE Fantasia and would love to see her in this show but doubt very much I can get to NY before February. Just not going to happen. Wonder if there is FACK. ha ha.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Do we know any more about Clay in SVU. I've never watched any of the Law and Orders. I'll tape it and watch his parts. I hope he is the murderer/killer/whatever.

We know he's a judge on "American Divas" (along with Ashanti and Taylor Hicks). We know the story involves someone being accused of being a child molestor (not Clay -- we think).

This is the clip you want to watch (which I think was posted about a week ago or so?):

http://www.nbc.com/l...alk-svu/n42148/