# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

Doing OK at the moment...charged laptop, phone being a wireless access point. Work for tomorrow is cancelled, because this tornado was about 7 miles from my college. No power.

I know of two people who lost their houses. However, from what we are hearing, there was minimal loss of life and minimal injuries. Thank God!

Going out for breakfast. According to the power company, we may not get power back until Wednesday. Getting kerosene for the space heater now as well. Only one loss of life in the immediate area, but 5 others in the state. It is going to be a long week here.

Clay is the least of my worries right now.

OMG ldyj I had no idea! Glad you are safe but sorry to hear of the damage and loss of life. We have had really strong winds since last night, things blowing around in the yard kept me up with all the racket. Supposed to die down by tomorrow.

I saw that new photo when it came in on twitter and to be totally honest, at first glance I didn't recognize Clay! LOL

I hope you get your power back sooner than they said ldyj. I hate to hear of people losing their homes and basically their history with these storms not to mention lives. I hear you about Clay.I'm sure he would agree with you.

Luckiest we actually have been having the Grand Prix skating events every Sunday. The times are all over the place though so we really have to search each week to record them. Michael Chan was amazing in Paris. He skates like the gold is in his pocket. WOW.

I've been watching the updates on the storms and I can't even imagine going through something like that. With all that devastation it's unbelievable that more lives weren't lost. So glad you finally got your power back and that you're safe, idyjocelyn. The good ole "computer fixer man" just finished getting a nasty virus off my computer and it's still acting up a bit...won't let me make a paragraph change...so please excuse the look of this post. That's a great picture of Clay, it's been a while since I saw him wear his glasses. He looks very happy and... hmm...mature.

Fear, Patrick Chan is indeed golden this season! *fingers crossed* I watched the NBC coverage on Sunday as it didn't conflict with our CBC coverage, because i wanted to hear Johnny's opinions (and let's be honest, I wanted to watch it again!) One more competition to go next weekend before they head to the Grand Prix Finals on Dec. 7 & 8 (to be held in Japan).

OOps! I'm really bad at names. Hopefully NBC will continue to show skating. Jason Brown of the US nowhere near the talent of Patrick but very entertaining. Those young Russian women will be doing quads before we know it.

Soon we will be hearing Clay's great news (whatever it might be)and patting him on the back. :stirtheturd:

I love Jason Brown! Had a chance to talk to him briefly on the concourse at Skate America in Detroit, and what a nice young man.

Ok, so I attended my first zumba class yesterday. Aqua zumba. Loved it! Never thought I'd say that. I am uncoordinated (to put it mildly) but no one can see what you're doing in the pool! :rainbowsmile:

I love zumba too but haven't done it in water, slight problem with my screen name. I took it today but no longer jump as much, bad knees and hip. We do a little cha cha, salsa, mambo and hip hop. I always loved dancing so I was thrilled when I discovered it many years ago.

Hoping we hear from Clay soon. I'm starting to worry that his plan's might have hit a snag. :breakmonitor: I always go back and watch the tenth anniversary video he made earlier this year. So sweet.

luckiest, just read this on CV. Remember him? I personally loved him!

A bit of news for anyone who went to the Christmas concert in St. Charles, IL at the scary falling apart theater. There was an article in our paper this morning; the man on the organ that came out of the floor died yesterday. He was 78, his name was Jim and he was a veteran. He played before every show they did... even the big heavy metal concerts they held there... the article said the heavy metal audiences just loved him. :)

My co-worker, who lost her house in the tornado, is here right now. What a nightmare she's gone through.

So sorry to hear about your friend. I was reading up on the storm and it's just terrifying to just think about. The wind was at my back tonight as I walked home and I thought how nothing that is compared to what other sare going through. Where were you LadyJ when the storm hit your town? Were you already at home?

Yes, we were at home. We had been home from church about an hour when the sirens went off. We stopped everything, grabbed the cats, phones and ID's, and went to our basement. Our battery powered radio was already there, so we fired it up and listened. For a while, though, the best information was coming through text messages. My phone got a workout that day, between all the messages being sent to me (to make sure hubby and I were OK) to me sending messages to others I knew in town.

I could tell today that my co-worker is still in shock. I mean, they lost so much, and there is so much to do to replace it. I'm sure there is going to be red tape for her like crazy.

I think I'm still in a little bit of shock myself. These things "don't happen to us" when we see them on the news. So it was very surreal to see the national news outlets leading off with a story from my town.

Checking in from the freaking North Pole....or it seems like it, anyways. We got upwards of 2 feet of snow dumped on us overnight. I was housebound today until my son got the car dug out and the driveway shovelled late this afternoon. The plow has been by so I took the dogs out on the road for a bit of a walk, but everything under the snow is solid ice. Thank goodness I had nowhere to be today. Hopefully, the salters and sanders will be out in force tonight, and no more snow will fall before morning!

Love that picture! So nothing new in Clayland over the weekend?