# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

luckiest, I saw your picture on Facebook of your car...yikes! It just seems to early for that. OTOH, it was freezing here today -- I woke up to 11 degrees for a temperature. Amazingly cold....

Clayland is still in "speculations r us" mode, for it seems that Clay's personal Facebook page has had a bit of a name change. For those who knew the URL of that Facebook (and I didn't), it now takes you to "Evan Parker," still with his baby picture and the NC flag. My feeling is that he did this because of Facebook's never ending changes in privacy policies, but what do I know?

Evan Parker? WTF? I don't know anything about his Facebook profile. Did it used to say Clay Aiken?

Temps here have been between -8 and -11 C (so about 13 - 19 F) but are supposed to get as high as 2 C or 36 F this week. Doesn't look like we'll be getting rid of this snow anytime soon!

Luckily yesterday was Sunday so not until this morning. By that point the plow had been by and my son had had enough time to dig us out. The main roads this morning were ok. Doesn't take us long to dig out from 2 feet of snow around here!

Great news luckiest.

Never did hear back from DIL so I guess we'll have 12lbs of turkey for the two of us and the cat too. I may check around and see if any neighbors are alone for the day. I do have a cold though, so no one may want to be near me. :whatever:

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving day. :drinking71:

I hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving. My cousin is doing the heavy lifting. I'm just making mac and cheese (which I can't eat myself LOL) and 3 easy appetizers and the ham. I don't even have to start until the morning. Going to my sister's housel. Unfortunately have to work on Friday.

Was reading this article on Phil Phillips and saw this Clay mention. I didn't even realize this I guess.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/chart-watch-eminem-returns-1-gaga-sinks-8-154950758.html

Daughtry's fourth album, Baptized, debuts at #6. All four albums have made the top 10. Of the hundreds of contestants who have walked across the American Idol stage over the past 12 years, Chris Daughtry is one of just five to amass four or more top 10 albums. Kelly Clarkson, the first Idol winner, leads with six, followed by Clay Aiken with five and Carrie Underwood and Scotty McCreery, also with four each. (Fantasia and Kellie Pickler are next in line, with three top 10 albums each.)

And another one

I have rewound the SeaWorld float six times to keep listening! I know its all lipsynced, but

@TitussBurgess and @DWTSsinger were GREAT! #nbc

Ok so this one took me a minute to decipher. Not everyone is at home watching the Thanksgiving parade on TV! Here it's just another work day, complete with another few inches of snow.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!

ETA: Sorry your DIL didn't respond, Fear. How rude. I am happy that my daughter is flying home tomorrow for the holidays, and my son takes possession of his new house today.

:)

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Counting down the minutes until the family arrives..looking forward to having all the grandkids together. Because of the kitchen renovation, not doing anything fancy this year..have my great-aunt's tablecloth out but using paper plates and utensils since everything is packed away. Spent 20 minutes this morning hunting for my meat thermometer..hubby finally found it.

Took yesterday off from work and made the pies, stuffing, cranberry relish. Put the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker about 8:00 and the Turkey in at 9:00. Just have the mashed potatoes and rolls to do. All my daughters are bring stuff. Just need to get the table set and clean up a bit.

I do my turkey like Alton Brown...no stuffing, just apples, onion, orange, cinnamon, sage and rosemary inside, brush with oil and bake at 500 for 30 minutes, turn temp down to 350 and cook for another 2 and 1/2 hours. Comes out very moist and golden brown and I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn.

Hubby is outside raking leaves..he was supposed to bring in the folding chairs from shed so they could warm up a bit.

Cold outside but it is sunny..just glad there is no snow!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here at FCA!

Fear, I too am having a 12 lb turkey for hubby and I. My brother has his own kids together, and my sister is in Florida, so it's not practical to see her very often. (Doesn't help that I'm 17 years younger than her!) I'll see my brother at Christmas.

luckiest, it sounds like it's going to be a good holiday season for all of your family! Woohoo!!!!!!!

aikim, I am an Alton Brown fanatic, so I've been doing his turkey recipe for YEARS! It really does make the turkey all that much better. The only thing that throws me is that I have a feeling it will be done in about an hour, and I'm not ready with all the rest of the food yet!

couchie, I wish I could make your work go away and be able to give you the money to live on for a while, in order to find a new job!

Clay -- thank you for being you. You may be frustrating, but you are always fascinating to me, and I wish you happiness and love during this day of thanks.

Now...off to make the potatoes!

Whoops. Almost forgot...Happy Hanukkah!

LdyJ I hear you on the timing..put mine in at 9:00 so it will be done at 12:00 and I have an hour to get everything else in the oven and done. But the turkey is delicious.

Kim

The song on the SeaWorld float is here.Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade -- Screw 'Blackfish' ... Our Killer ... It's definitely a Clay song. :popcorngirl: Happy Thanksgiving everyone and Happy Hanukkah to those celebrating . The year is just flying ...we went to the mall this afternoon and it was nuts. I hate to think what it will be like when December hits.

:happybirthday04:Clay!

I know you probably won't see this, as we are a small board -- probably not on your radar. However, I want you to know that I continue to support you in whatever you choose to do.

My life has been enriched in so many ways because of my enjoyment of you and your music. I have met many new friends; I have learned so much about computers; I have learned about the diversity of the world. In other words, I've grown.

You aren't my whole world; I've got too much on my plate for that to happen. But you are a fun part of it, and I want to thank you for that.

I get the feeling that you want to grow too. Everyone of us, I feel, has a time when a change is needed, and I wonder if this isn't that time for you. While the uncertainty of what will happen next seems to throw many for a loop, I say "go for it." You know what they always say -- "life is uncertain, eat dessert first!"

Enjoy your 35th year, and enjoy your life as you see fit.

• Like 1

From Instagram -- Quiana tweeted this to Clay.

ClayandQuiana10years_zps977e779d.jpg

What she wrote:

Singing really loud in my Ethel Merman voice "Happy Birthday" to my favorite Crooner & buddy ol' pal the 1 & only #ClayAiken! 10 years of friendship & enough stories to tell between the two of us that would earn a spot on The Lifetime Channel (lol). Luv You To Pieces! Enjoy the rest of your day! I would say #turnup but since you don't drink I'll have 1 2 or 4 on your behalf (lol)! #picstitch #hesoprahimgayle#quianaparler #americanidol

Love the "he's Oprah I'm Gayle" hashtag!

There's been lots of other good birthday tweets to Clay from publications like "Broadway World." Pretty darn cool!

Nice tweet from Quiana, thanks for bringing it over. I do have instagram but haven't been on it in a while. Crazy busy weekend here....Friday took a personal day to drive into Toronto to pick up my daughter. Visited with my mom for a while and then drove home in horrible rush hour traffic across Toronto, took twice as long as it should have. Yesterday my son moved into his very first house with his girlfriend, so we all chipped in and helped. They had their very first dinner in their new house last night which was so exciting for all. Today hopefully I'll just putter around, do some shopping etc, maybe watch a movie. It's December so I guess I'll have to give in and try to start getting into the Christmas spirit. The other day a cashier wished me Merry Christmas and I forced a smile. It's not my favourite time of year, but it's worse when it starts in November! LOL However, I am so happy to have my daughter home (unexpectedly) so I will enjoy it more this year.

ldyj, lovely post above. I hope Clay is also having a wonderful weekend.