# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

One bottle a day (with a Sunday off!) for the week! Yikes! That IS a lot of Snapple! Stockpile it for the Zombie Apocalypse!

Hope everyone is having a good day, and will have a good weekend! I'm getting more baking done today, and will go out for a walk (it's going to hit forty degrees today, which, for this time of the year, is almost a heat wave!). Later is a rare trip out for pizza! And I've finally pinned down my husband for going to a movie -- we'll be seeing the new Hobbit movie on Monday!

I don't drink either. But maybe a little vodka?

Took my son and his gf to the airport yesterday. We left 3 hours before his flight but got caught in a terrible traffic jam. My son called the airline. The agent said changing to the next flight would cost them $800. dollars more than they had already paid. As we pulled up to the airport at the time their flight was leaving, he got an email that the flight was delayed an hour. We dropped them off a d left. Parking is so bad at the Charlotte airport. He texted us later that all is well.

It was a good visit although we didn't do very much together other than our open housd last weekend and Christmas dinner at a neighbors. We did go out to eat several times too. They went to a few areas, my son on his bike and his gf running. So good to see them.

As for Clay, I'm pretty patient waiting to see what the future holds. I'm not easily persuaded by other's opinions. Have a great day! Shopping may be in my plans for today.

The deep freeze is hitting here! Went to church this morning, and kinda slid home, as it was freezing drizzle. I decided not to go out to the gym this afternoon, but my husband went. He said it was fine, but that the wind was getting bitter. Crazy though -- I'm craving ice cream!

As for Clay...well, I'm patient. However, it does seem that the wheels on the bus go round and round....very tiring.

Merrieee so sorry to hear about your husband. Hospitals suck. Hugs.

Spent the entire day packing up my house. Geeze, it's not fun and my mom is under the weather so she's no help. Besides I'll have to look through all of her boxes as she seems to be trying to take a lot of junk to our new place. Me on the other hand I have been quite good at letting go of stuff. Remember I was a major soap opera junkie at one time and I finally tossed the last remnants of that fandom. So it's now 5 days and counting. I'm off New years Day and I'm taking off Friday so I'm feeling good about getting everything done after almost having a melt down today. My sister and brother in law came over this afternoon and helped me get things a bit more organized.

As for Clay when it is all said and done I will finally know what my favorite stuff is. 2 Clay drawings (one of him in Good News mode), my autographed Spam poster which I will finally frame and hang, page of clay stamps, all the tour books, one of each cd and my autographed LTS and my hundreds of pins. My beautiful display case ull of Clay pins broke so I had to remove them all and I'll have to buy a new one. Once I replace I'll have a bunch of duplicate pins whch I'll give away as well. The one thing I haven't been able to find is the taped Broadway Cares easter bonnet show that I attended. Hopefully it will turn up.

Merrieee so sorry to hear about your husband. Hospitals suck. Hugs.

Spent the entire day packing up my house. Geeze, it's not fun and my mom is under the weather so she's no help. Besides I'll have to look through all of her boxes as she seems to be trying to take a lot of junk to our new place. Me on the other hand I have been quite good at letting go of stuff. Remember I was a major soap opera junkie at one time and I finally tossed the last remnants of that fandom. So it's now 5 days and counting. I'm off New years Day and I'm taking off Friday so I'm feeling good about getting everything done after almost having a melt down today. My sister and brother in law came over this afternoon and helped me get things a bit more organized.

As for Clay when it is all said and done I will finally know what my favorite stuff is. 2 Clay drawings (one of him in Good News mode), my autographed Spam poster which I will finally frame and hang, page of clay stamps, all the tour books, one of each cd and my autographed LTS and my hundreds of pins. My beautiful display case ull of Clay pins broke so I had to remove them all and I'll have to buy a new one. Once I replace I'll have a bunch of duplicate pins whch I'll give away as well. The one thing I haven't been able to find is the taped Broadway Cares easter bonnet show that I attended. Hopefully it will turn up.

If you find the Broadway Cares and want to get rid of it let me know. I ordered one with my concert friend and either it never arrived or her hubby got the mail and misplaced it but we never found it. I have always wanted to see it. If you decide you want to keep it I understand. At this point if I had to get rid of some of my things I would have a hard time. I do not think my family has any idea how much is in my desk and around it in a cabinet. I think they would really think I lost it (I have enjoyed every minute of my crazyiness!!)

I am not worried at this time about Clay, whatever he is going to do I will support. I still feel that alot of his fans are overreacting.

OK, y'all made me go look to see what was going on out there. I learned that I missed the Kennedy Honors event on TV last night. Damn! I ended up watching a movie on my laptop because I didn't think anything was on. Maybe they'll repeat it. Otherwise, it's the same old, same old shit that I tired of reading 5 years ago. If Clay blogs, I'll go read it. That's about where I'm at.

My mom is happily back in her house again, with heat, and her cat didn't die of exposure. :P We had to throw out 4 green garbage bags full of spoiled food from her fridge and freezer though. She went to the grocery store yesterday and apparently spent $100 (a fortune!) LOL. I am starting to get geared up for figure skating again. I'm off to Ottawa on Jan. 8th for the Canadian Championships. It kinda sucks that it's held on the exact same weekend as the US Nationals. My PVR will be working overtime at home.

luckiest, I'm glad your Mom (and her cat!) are OK. Have fun with your skating trip!

Hubby and I went to see the new Hobbit movie and then dinner yesterday. It was a great "date night!"

I saw this article posted on my Facebook yesterday, and I thought I would share. It's a great article about mental strength. I think all of us in this fandom could use some!

Mentally Strong People: 13 Things They Avoid

Will be back later today with a post with all the stuff Clay did this year....

As promised....a recap of last year, according to, well, me (and the FCA TimeLine). I do these in reverse order, so start from the bottom. I am now going to start the FCA TimeLine for 2014! I am hopeful there will be things to add to it, no matter what Clay decides to do!

• Dec 19 -- Finally! Clay's on "The Arsenio Hall Show" (syndicated). He sang "This Christmas" and again hinted at a new direction for him. "I'm working now, focusing my energies, on doing things that will help give a voice to those who don't have one, or whose voices who have not been heard."
  • Nov 6 -- Appearance in an episode of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (NBC). He played a judge on "American Diva" along with Taylor Hicks and Ashanti.
  • Nov 3 -- Clay walked the red carpet at the premiere of "After Midnight" on Broadway. The musical stars Fantasia Barrino and Dule Hill (the second of which he met backstage according to Twitter).
  • Oct 12 -- 10th Annual National Inclusion Project Gala, held in Charlotte, NC. Auctioned off during the Gala is the jukebox from the 2005 JukeBox Tour.
  • Oct 11 -- VIP Reception for the National Inclusion Project Gala (Charlotte, NC). During this reception, at least one dinner with Clay for a group of 10 was auctioned, as well as a balloon ride with Clay.
  • Oct 8 -- Starry-Eyed: 16 Stories that Steal the Spotlght is released. Clay wrote the introduction to this young adult collection of essays.
  • September 17 -- Clay blogged again, mostly to clear up questions about the piano auction.
  • September 14 -- Clay blogged on the OFC, with several announcements of changes in his life and career for the rest of 2013 and 2014. There was nothing "definite," just several "hints" -- selling things from his house, the suggestion that he's moving out of his house finally, and the idea that what he will be doing will make some in the fandom happy, some will be angry and hurt.
  • August 25 -- Final night of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The entire run was magical for all involved, including the town of Ogunquit. The cast, in particular, bonded as "brothers for life."
  • July 31 -- Opening night of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Ogunquit Playhouse (Ogunquit, Maine). Clay plays the title Character.
  • June 1 -- Emma Bubel gets married, and someone named Alyssa posts an Instagram picture of herself, Clay, and his boyfriend Zach from the event.
  • May 20 -- A Twitter picture of Clay is posted at a recording studio in Durham, NC, posing with a blues musician, "Ironing Board" Sam.
  • May 20 -- Our final week of remembrance from 10 years ago is posted at the OFC. Yes, it's "Bridge Over Troubled Water."
  • May 13 -- Celebrating the 10th anniversary of this performance, the OFC homepage features "Mack the Knife."
  • May 12 -- Final night of The Drowsy Chaperone.
  • May 9 -- "The Office" (NBC) appearance. Clay plays a reality music show judge.
  • May 7 -- Premiere of The Drowsy Chaperone at the North Carolina Theater, continuing through May 12.
  • May 6 -- "Grease" is the word, as the featured clip of the week at the OFC. It celebrates the 10th anniversary of that performance.
  • April 29 -- The 10th anniversary of Neil Sedaka week is featured on the OFC, with Clay's version of "Solitaire." Clay tweets the anniversary as well, but he includes a clip that has both "Build Me Up Buttercup" (also from that week) and "Solitaire."
  • April 22 -- "I Could Not Ask for More" is the featured 10th anniversary clip at the OFC.
  • April 20 -- "Master Class with Clay Aiken" at the Theater in the Park (Raleigh, NC). It is a critique of young performers, plus a Q&A session.
  • April 18 -- Clay appears on the "American Idol" results show for the week. He sings a new arrangement of "Bridge Over Troubled Water."
  • April 15 -- 10th anniversary of Billy Joel week on American Idol, and the OFC clip is "Tell Her About It."
  • April 8 -- "At this Moment" is the 10th anniversary clip posted at the OFC.
  • April 1 -- Disco week 10th anniversary, with the OFC posting the clip of "Everlasting Love."
  • March 25 -- Top 10 performance of "Someone Else's Star" anniversary, with the OFC posting a clip.
  • March 18 -- 10th anniversary of Clay's Top 11 performance of "Somewhere Out There." OFC posts an open clip of the performance.
  • March 11 -- Clay blogs about it being 10 years to the day for his Top 12 performance of "I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)." To celebrate, the OFC posts the clip on the home page (open to all visitors).
  • Feb 26 -- Clay and Quiana's radio pilot show live streams on the OFC. The stream is open to non-members as well.
  • Feb 13 -- Clay blogs on the OFC that he will be appearing in as "Man in Chair," a role in The Drowsy Chaperone, playing from May 7 to May 12 at the North Carolina Theater (Raleigh).
  • Jan 28 -- 10 years to the day he first appeared on American Idol, Clay posts a video on YouTube thanking the fans for being there. He finishes the video reprising his audition song, "Always and Forver."
  • Jan 24 -- Clay blogs again, this time clarifying the type of radio show he is hoping to do. He also starts at thread at the OFC message board, asking fans to submit questions. He screens the questions for appropriateness for the show several times over the next few days.
  • Jan 22 -- Clay video chat (OFC members only). During the chat, he announces that he and Quiana Parler want to host a radio talk/advice show. They will be recording a pilot soon, and for the pilot, he needs the fans to submit questions.
  • Jan 19 -- Appearance at Malaprop's Bookstore (Asheville, NC) with author T Cooper, who will be talking about his memoir Real Man Adventures.
  • Jan 17 -- Clay blogged, promising "greatness for 2013," and stating that something will be announced at the video chat on January 22.

Happy New Year FCA! Party animals that we are, hubby and in were in bed by 10:00..just cannot stay up till midnight anymore. Surprisingly it was pretty quiet around here..well..except for snow plows down the street. We didn't get as much snow as predicted, I think most of it went north of us.

Nice to see the tweet from Clay..wishing the same for this year and can't wait to find out what is up his sleeve!

Kim

I'm going to catch up on Sherlock via Hulu in the next few weeks, I think....

Yeah! Downton Abbey returns Sunday!

New tweet (and it's about ANOTHER of my favorite shows...!)

I'm telling u, folks. @nbccommunity is the smartest & best comedy on TV. It starts back 2nite on @nbc Don't miss this show! Keep it alive!
  • Like 1

Happy New Year to FCA! I'm looking forward to another year. Is there something wrong with me that I don't understand what's going on with the death watch elsewhere? How did that get started? I read the blog and it seemed forward-moving and progressive to me. So he said some would be excited and some disappointed, isn't that true of every freaking thing the man has done the past ten years? What the fuck's new? Who started the march out the door? Whoever it is, I hope somebody shuts it behind them.

I'm just looking forward and always expecting good things as usual. It's amazing how many of them happen.

Again, Happy New Year, and Happy New Day.