#66: "I'm Clay Aiken, and I Approved This Message!"

merrieeee

I think it's just the "big bucks" tickets going on sale today. The "cheap seats" go on sale next week.

And sadly, I can't go to either. Life has been hitting hard lately. I did set up a quarterly donation to the Project though....

Yeah, I was happy to see the glasses too!

And today, he's speaking to a 5th grade graduation!

Weatherstone ES @WeatherstoneES

Weatherstone's fifth grade graduation speaker, Clay Aiken. His message- "Follow your dreams and never give up!"

clay_zps35cf2334.jpg

Tom Hayes with Campbell Hayes and Sarah Matzke Hayes at Weatherstone Elementary School

4 mins · Cary, NC ·

Clay Aiken speaking at Carter's fifth grade graduation. Great talk on never giving up.

clay_zpsff254e5a.jpg

Taylor Foster ‏@taytellsall · 2m

@clayaiken just spoke at my brother's 5th grade graduation, aka he got a way better speaker than at my college graduation, say whattt???

BWAHAHAHA!

New email, which ties Clay's "grassroots, go to the people" approach to Eric Cantor's loss yesterday:

ldyjocelyn,

Wow, can you believe what happened in Virginia last night? Nobody saw it coming. But the lesson is simple: If you forget the folks you’re in Washington to represent, you lose. It’s a lesson Eric Cantor learned the hard way last night.

Renee Ellmers said she was going to Washington to change things. She said she was going to fight for our district. But since she arrived in Washington, she’s sought out the approval of Eric Cantor and her party leaders – not the folks back home.

After traveling the district these past few months, I can tell you something: People no longer have faith in Renee Ellmers. They feel betrayed and forgotten. And they’re ready to send her home.

Contribute $25, $50, or $100 today to help fund our campaign to send Renee Ellmers back to Dunn.

Last night showed that voters are tired of politicians looking out for themselves in Washington while taking for granted the voters back home.

Eric Cantor didn’t take his challenge seriously. It was a Republican primary. He’s in the Republican leadership. Those were his voters. Or so he thought.

Renee Ellmers has felt comfortable in her seat for too long. She isn’t listening to us. She isn’t representing us. But now, because of our campaign, she’s vulnerable.

Please contribute $25, $50, or $100 to help us defeat Renee Ellmers in the fall.

They said last night was an upset and no one saw it coming.

Well, Renee Ellmers, here’s your wakeup call. Start saving your paychecks – we know how much you need them.

Yours,

Tucker Middleton

Communications Director, Clay Aiken for North Carolina

Gary Pearce's blog:

talkingaboutpolitics.com

A Sign?

A Sign?

Gary Pearce posted on June 11, 2014 12:43

"This is a miracle from God that just happened." - David Brat, who rocked the political world Tuesday by upsetting Eric Cantor in a Virginia Republican primary.

Well, that’s certainly one explanation. A more earthly one came from former Representative Thomas M. Davis III, another Virginia Republican: “There are some very angry people upset with the status quo, and Eric became part of that.”

Washington will bloviate all day today about what happened, why and what it means. But let’s look at what it means right here in our backyard, namely for Rep. (Just Walk Away) Renee Ellmers. She’s one Republican incumbent in North Carolina who faces just the kind of outsider challenge that toppled Cantor.

Yes, hers is in a general election, from special ed teacher/singer/foundation founder/UNICEF ambassador Clay Aiken. But the lesson holds.

This is a classic case of an outsider challenging the status quo. You’ll remember, a few years back, when Ellmers won election as an outsider. Then she crawled inside the Washington woodwork and made herself quite comfortable, standing by John (of Orange) Boehner on camera and voting to shut down the government and cut veterans’ health care, while complaining she needed her paycheck.

So when you hear the Political Wise Men and Women intoning that Ellmers is safe in a Republican-drawn, Republican-leaning district, remember how sure that crowd was that Cantor would win big.

A side note here: Uber-blogger Thomas Mills told me not long ago that he is skeptical of primary polls. It’s hard to predict who will vote, he said. The same thing could be true in this year’s off-year elections, especially considering the conflicting currents of public anger from right, left and middle.

Bottom line: Expect the unexpected. And as I’ve said before, don’t underestimate Clay Aiken.

Jaclyn Combs ‏@5thCombsWES 1m

We had a fantastic morning meeting Clay Aiken and celebrating all of our aWESome accomplishments. pic.twitter.com/LSzrY3Ayqw

June_11_zps5e5554de.jpg

CCornwright‏@CCornwright

Met Clay Aiken before the 5th grade graduation! @WeatherstoneES pic.twitter.com/kRMgvhOH2d

Bp44VMjIQAEN12L_zps79793fb8.jpg

From Facebook:

Carole DeMiege Goforth

37 mins via iOS

Bo Thorp, Clay Aiken and Me! Fun time

10363847_10202354054321224_372443887023440297_n_zps80c0aaba.jpg

And in your totally "AWWWWWW" moment...

Carole DeMiege Goforth

35 mins via iOS

Clay Aiken and the new Glazier grandbaby, Harlow Grace!

10372032_10202354066761535_9130971987654818229_n_zps9d4c797f.jpg

Hi merrieeee!

TJ Cawley ‏@TJCawleyTweets 4m

Thank you Clay Aiken for your inspiring message to our @WeatherstoneES 5th graders today. @ClayForNC pic.twitter.com/MC6QuPYxgz

d8717d56b5ec57efaa10322c92e9d114_zps51960fe9.jpg

Another from Facebook...

78952022f37614060aed202e76d3d61a_zps2662acb8.jpg

More from Facebook. It looks as if he was at a fundraiser in someone's home last night. This gentleman is running for a judge position:

Stephen Craig Stokes

With Clay Aiken, Next Congressman From North Carolina.

10468091_10202286285460684_9141469946743141056_n_zps76a1f82a.jpg

10390556_10202286285420683_4247988460587232420_n_zpsca621486.jpg

8707_10202286287900745_7901230911930603485_n_zps07dcd7a3.jpg

10364205_10202286285500685_2423403137339994247_n_zps890df704.jpg

Happy birthday justclay12! :happybirthday04:

Jamie Childress @Miss_Childress

5th grade graduation day with guest speaker Clay Aiken! I'm going to miss these crazy kids SO MUCH!!!!!!! instagram.com/p/pKVHk7PGTj/

clay_zps60dbd139.jpg

New letter from Nick Leisey regarding new ways (definitely fan oriented) to throw money at Clay's campaign. I am on my iPad at the moment, so I will have to copy and paste this later for you all.

ETA: Canadians can now see Clay's political Facebook page. There is a new poster at CV, camtheman, who has some pull. Remember Clay's friend Cameron? Heh.

Hi Everybody..It has been one hell of a week. Merrieeee it's the equivalent of your Open I think. A Japanese cruise ship with an apparent unlimited budget. Had to pull my 100k order together in a week. The Japanese items weren't too hard since IH ad two great vendors but tonka beans and passion fruit seeds for the pastry chef? Head ache. Glad it's almost over and hopefully things get back to normal.

I see Clay is still out there pounding the flesh. He just needs to keep it up. Like the article says you never know what could happen.

Hugs to everybody. Have a great weekend.

Via Clayversity:

June 24th is Clay Day in Lee County!

Clay Aiken, the 2nd District's Democratic candidate for Congress, will be spending June 24th in Lee County, and we'll be celebrating! Stay tuned for a detailed schedule of "Clay Day" events!

http://www.leedemocrats.net/blog/june-24th...-day-lee-county

Clay Aiken is spending the day in Sanford! Join us, and don't forget to get your "selfie with Clay!"

https://www.facebook.com/events/505387752923365/?ref=22