Comments and Suggestions

Couch Tomato

How come we can't express ourselves in our signature, or have changing icons for our avatar? Yes, they are flashy, and I like them! The Harry Potter board is awesome, you can take a look if you like....they have a lot of expression, but don't allow huge signature pictures.

EDIT: Wow....this is a pretty new board then? Harrypotterforums.co.uk has a layout like yours...only they really maintenance. You can learn a lot from the Administration there, they started that forum 3 years ago, and it's way popular now! I can't believe you only have a few hundred posts, where as on the Harry POtter board, I have 1392 posts, and I'm not even a moderator yet! (but soon will be)

Edited by Clayniac

How come we can't express ourselves in our signature, or have changing icons for our avatar? Yes, they are flashy, and I like them! The Harry Potter board is awesome, you can take a look if you like....they have a lot of expression, but don't allow huge signature pictures.

EDIT: Wow....this is a pretty new board then? Harrypotterforums.co.uk has a layout like yours...only they really maintenance. You can learn a lot from the Administration there, they started that forum 3 years ago, and it's way popular now! I can't believe you only have a few hundred posts, where as on the Harry POtter board, I have 1392 posts, and I'm not even a moderator yet! (but soon will be)

Yes this is a fairly new board we just started in July. Thank you for the suggestion of visiting the Harry Potter board. I love HP myself so would be cool if you can post the URL.

This board started when we got involved with the pin Craze. We thought it would be great to have a board where people from all over Clayland can come and talk about Claypins, tradepins and talk about Clay and have fun. We knew a lot of Clayfans already have homeboards, we thought this is a place where people can visit and get to know people from other boards. We would be happy if people would post more. We certainly encourage it.

About the avatars and signatures...we are very mindful of the fact that a lot of people visit the baords when they are at work. Having a lot of siggies and flashing avatars make it very obvious that this is not work related. We want to avoid that so we ask to keep this at a minimum.

Hope we answered you questions. I admit we are still learning this new program. If you are familiar with it you can certainly give us suggestions on how to improve it. Welcome and hope you post often.

Thank you. THe work thing is definatley a factor, though not as fun. I will post often, and you can see how Donster has improved her site at Harry Potter Forums. If you are an Hp fan yourself, you should definatley check it out! I can suggest improvements, but I don't know how to describe other than letting you explore my other forum.

Thanks for telling me, I really like this forum, and I have a good feeling that the idea is going to spread! :D if You need my help with something, jsut ask! I'm very friendly!

EDIT: Pardon my spelling. he he.

Edited by Clayniac

WOW no one has posted in this thread for two and a half years!

OK - I have a suggestion.

How about a thread exclusively for random You Tube videos, NOT about Clay. I have seen some fantastic stuff on YouTube and feel it would be good to have a place to share something special we have come across on YouTube.

For example, I'd recommend the following:

ABBA, Olive N-J, Andy Gibb. TIMELESS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nprteZX80tk

Billy Joel sings 'The Lullabye', Masterclass Concert 2001

BJ wrote this song for his daughter when she was about 7, and she has stated in interviews that this is her favourite Billy Joel song.

CLAYTONIC'S POST

? That's what's offending you. I certainly would NOT have the psychic ability to figure that out. That I would not automatically damn Beyonce cuz somebody that I do not know not named Jennifer was upset cuz she supposedly didn't offer sympathy? If that's the height of your problems we certainly have a problem. I did not slam Jennifer. She is my favorite Idol from season 3 What I said had nothing to do with her. And if I'm expecting to watch my mouth not to offend everybody's favorites we might as well close the door right now

Psychic ability? Good grief. What the hell....

Why do you twist things around and deliberately miss my point?

You don't even understand what I am talking about. That was last Oct/Nov, why don't you go read the posts before you post again so you know exactly what you are posting about.

I guess I finished after all. What I don't get is someone who doesn't understand OTT on a Clay fan board. I suspect if you went to any other artist's fan's board they too would be the bestest most talented person in the whole wide world. I honestly thought you would say something to me to give me pause and make me see the errors of my ways but you did not. Those examples just gave me a big old WTF and honestly have nothing else to say.

I apologize to the board for this but I don't have all the answers. That's one thing I will admit.

I belong to other boards, I have never seen the kind of OTT anywhere else. But my only reason for mentioning it was to say I wasn't star struck over ANYONE. I just don't get star-struck, when i had the opportunity to collect numerous autographs, I never bothered, I never saw the point of having someone scribble something on a piece of paper. Oh, and then there's the autographed pics that are mailed... heck, do you know there are assistants that forge those signatures that people sell on ebay believing it to be genuine? It's a rort.

If your apology to the board is genuine, why don't you try to understand the point instead of twisting everything and making futile comments?

ETA: It is no wonder no one will disagree with you. You go on a rampage that makes no sense at all.

So you deleted all the posts you didn't like, and kept the ones saying nice things about you?

Niiiice, and untruthful.

You have done nothing to discipline a member who insulted my country.

Posts were deleted that were offensive to everyone on the board. Two posts were reported to the mods today, and they were both yours (and they were not reported not by posters that you have disagreed with). I've never ever seen a post reported at FCA before. It is rare that we "discipline" anyone--very rare. I'm 100% behind Couchie on this.

Dat last stuff wuzn't suggestions. :huh:

Didja mean to put the last to posts sumwhere else, lol?

Canfly's suggestion:

Askie Cindy on bended knee to make the banners wider or else make the areas on either side of the banner be mint green to match the background green? Or maybe both?

The black is kinda stark. JMHPBO.