# 67: Everywhere He Goes, The People Love Him!

ldyjocelyn

Gotta start a new thread with a selfie!

Marion_Sullivan_zpsff6a2905.jpg

One of Clay's hosts from the fundraisers in Atlanta:

Marion Sullivan ‏@MSSpolitco 2m2 minutes ago

@clayaiken Proud to be a supporter of Clay Aiken for Congress. Wonderful, smart, innovative & courageous.

image_zps61b24c71.jpg

Democratic Women of Lee County, North Carolina added 4 new photos.

1 hr ·

Our Democratic candidates performed very well in the debates this evening sponsored by "The Sanford Herald" at the Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center. They were all well-prepared and I was proud of them. Congratulations, Mark Ak (Akinosho), Ophelia Livingston, Shawn Williams, Robert Reives, Joe Langley and Clay Aiken!

image_zpse3913171.jpg

image_zps0bace0c9.jpg

Democratic Women of Lee County, North Carolina

4 minutes ago · Edited

Bill Horner moderates debate between Clay Aiken and Renee Ellmers.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014.

image_zps2c1a5c53.jpg

image1_zps716dc3b9.jpg

PiedmontHealthSeniorCare added 2 new photos.

18 mins ·

It has been a busy day at our Pittsboro location. We had the board from the Lee County Enrichment Center visit and tour. We also had a visit from Clay Aiken who is running for Congress of the 2nd District.

Catching up from a few days ago. Some of these tweets/posts might have been posted by merrieeee, but I'll be adding the pictures!

image_zps7deeb954.jpg

@ClayForNC: Inspired by the work Chatham Trades is doing on behalf of people with disabilities. Great to visit. #ncpol #nc02 http://t.co/taM7TmMjBD

10687154_10202829573605401_8620952554469126381_n_zps1890fec9.jpg

Keith Bartell ‏@kikib40

Former American Idol contestant, Clay Aiken passing through the small town of Liberty. http://fb.me/2lQqNlwRf

clay_zps042b561f.jpg

Katie Jaeger McGuffin

1 hr ·

My girls meeting Clay Aiken!

From Facebook, more of Clay's first day on the bus tour. Includes the shaving picture! Hee.

10669094_744546115625120_2809751348742704079_o_zps5573d146.jpg

10448595_744546105625121_3562671273526765764_o_zps7b882e29.jpg

10710642_744546058958459_1646389820351798578_n_zpsa002e8f4.jpg

From the Dunn Candidate Forum, October 7:

image_zpsd8111d9a.jpg

image1_zps33f62a57.jpg

image2_zps3fd71cd3.jpg

More from Facebook, this time from the North Carolina Farm Bureau page:

image1_zps15e64129.jpg

image_zpsfa456d80.jpg

Thanks to Broad Street Bakery & Cafe in Southern Pines for an awesome lunch today! Been a great day in Moore County. Ready to head to Hoke County for tonight's town hall in Raeford. Join us at 7 p.m. at M. Rouse, Jr. Community Resource Center, 373 Pittman Grove Church Rd., Raeford.

@clayaiken: Hate that I missed you. I'll be back. RT @ginghamngrace: @clayaiken was just in front of the shop. Didn't get a chance to speak.”

There is a pic on the cafe site too.

Waves to sweetT4clay.

Sig Hutchinson For Wake

about an hour ago

I always love getting together with Clay Aiken and Get 'More with Four' by Voting for all 4 to Move Wake Forward! Even better when it's part of the listening tour. The next two are this Saturday. Check out where they're happening at http://sig4wake.com/events/. #Sig4Wake

claychristhompson_zpsb5c6bde7.jpg

Chris Thompson‎Sandhills Pride

2 hrs ·

Hello family, if you can, please vote for Clay Aiken! Thanks for your support!

claynitebus_zpscab1a88c.jpg

Dustin W Heath

3 hrs ·

Coming down hopemills and see a clay Aiken for NC Bus...

hosaa at CV found the Esquire article in print last night. There's a sidebar in the article that wasn't part of what I found online:

The Fastidious Man's Guide to Appropriately Sweet Tea

During his photo shoot, Clay Aiken was very particular about his sweet iced tea. Below, a North Carolina congressional candidate's recipe for the drink.

> Ask the waitress for sweet iced tea.

> Sip, wince, and announce, "I like my tea sweet, but this one is curling my hair." Kindly ask waitress for tea that is half sweetened, half unsweetened.

> Upon realizing the tea is not sweet enough, mitigate sweetness of first glass of tea by adding water.

> Upon realizing tea is watered down, kindly make more precise request: three quarters sweetened, one quarter unsweetened, lots of ice.

> Ask if the waitress spit in the drink.

LOVE!

New email!

ldyj,

We've had an incredible week. We launched our bus tour and town hall series. Rolling Stone magazine ran a profile on our race. Then NPR ran a profile on our race. Then Esquire ran a profile on our race (it'll be on the web soon!).

Do you know why everybody's so interested? Because we're running a winning campaign.

Earlier this week, we found out we beat our opponent in fundraising for the second quarter in a row. That was huge news.

And while we're celebrating victory after victory, our opponent is scrambling. She's losing, and she knows it.

Clay is still on the bus, and he'll be there until Election Day. He's doing everything he can to unseat Renee Ellmers and bring real representation back to the Second District. But we need your help, too.

We're 18 days away from the election. Can you contribute $18 or more TODAY to help us be successful on November 4?

Winning takes a team effort. Thanks for your support in these final days!

Yours,

Tucker

Tucker Middleton

Communications Director

Clay Aiken for North Carolina

And the main pic from the article is here: http://salacuse.com/in-print/

Matthew_Salacuse_2_zpsea1474fe.jpg

Good Democrat, posing with a Donkey! Hee.

2014-10-17_1024_zps996c3985.png

There is also a FANTASTIC picture of him in the magazine at a diner. Haven't found a good quality copy of that picture yet....