# 67: Everywhere He Goes, The People Love Him!

ldyjocelyn

ok im here ......wish i drank!

WUNC retweeted

Russell Lewis ‏@NPRrussell 5m5 minutes ago Birmingham, AL

North Carolina State Board of Elections is holding an emergency meeting now - to decide extending poll closures in 3 counties.

Well he gave it a good try but that WTF mountain was just too high!

I honestly don't feel as bad as I did when he lost AI and CA. I "knew" he had won those. All signs pointed to it but this time as much as I wanted him to win I never felt ever that he had it in the bag! I guess I never got my hopes up too much!

I think, for me, this evening turned out almost exactly as I imagined it. He didn't win, but he made a pretty darn incredible showing. Enough so, that I think the Democratic party will take notice of him for his next race, whatever that might be. I am only slightly sad, but I think the emotion that I'm feeling the most of at the moment is pride. He ran such a good campaign, and did it on his own terms. He also gained a ton of respect.

His concession speech: http://www.wral.com/news/state/nccapitol/video/14149405/

His resolve is even stronger now. Gotta love that.

He still rocks my socks. Such an admirable man...

I've thought all along there was a plan. He knew going in it was an uphill battle and there had to be a something in his mind if he didn't win and after that speech I am more than convinced of it. What it is I have no idea but I think it's going to be fun finding out. Being a fan of Clay Aiken is never boring. So onward and upward Clay and boy am I ready for the next adventure.

I am too. Roller coasters, for all their ups and downs, can be a blast. I've enjoyed this year tremendously, as I've watched Clay transform. Look at clips from his time on AI, I think -- what a young boy. This guy, this past year, truly became a man, IMO.

I agree merrieee -- there's a plan. We may not know what it is, but I think Clay knows how to pick himself up and start again. After watching his speech, I'm convinced of that.

That IS interesting news. (BTW -- hi couchie!)

OK, I'm going to get out the way right now what many in the media will say -- he ran this campaign so he could get a documentary team to follow him -- so he could then revitalize his show business career.

Now that that's done...

I call BS on it.

I fully believe that what he did this past year was because of his desire for service to the people of North Carolina. He loves his state, and I think that showed every time he spoke -- whether to the media or to someone on the street. He's one of them, and he will be until the day he dies. He's also frustrated by what's going on there, especially the under-representation of many of the people there in Washington. He saw a challenge -- and he took it. He's never been one to shy away from a challenge.

Also, he's never been afraid to turn lemons into lemonade. At this point, he could open his own damn lemonade stand!

Woke up this morning; still not crying over what happened. Instead, I think I'm prouder than ever.

Go Clay Go!

Me too Ldyj.....no tears or even sadness from me either. He ran one hell of a race and has every reason to hold his head high! But isn't that the Clay Aiken we know and love? He just keeps on keeping on! What a man!

Oh by the way love the banner! Can I be shallow and say he's still hawt?

Ok that's it....the final straw! Benedict Cumberbatch is engaged!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! And if I remember right, shortyjill will be sending out wedding invites soon -- because it's gotta be to her! LOL!

Did you know that Photobucket ALBUMS fill up? I've got plenty of storage in my Photobucket account, but my main album is full! It's only taken 9 years to fill it up....

Anyway, pictures from the party last night, via the website Zimbio:

Clay_Aiken_Congressional_Candidate_Clay_Aiken_zfb_iYGZqAbx_zpsbf03fecf.jpg

Clay_Aiken_Congressional_Candidate_Clay_Aiken_MN5TnemO_1Zx_zpsa72447d9.jpg

Clay_Aiken_Congressional_Candidate_Clay_Aiken_m6WVEiA93R5x_zps43cfa3c4.jpg

Clay_Aiken_Congressional_Candidate_Clay_Aiken_SdUgP2ZOBJ9x_zps01c4b40f.jpg

Clay_Aiken_Congressional_Candidate_Clay_Aiken_iiHhhGsuyjLx_zps7bf9f857.jpg

Clay_Aiken_Congressional_Candidate_Clay_Aiken_HwUWzcc4EPUx_zps24dea9b7.jpg

Another link

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/VIDEO-First-Look-New-Esquire-Docu-Series-to-Follow-Clay-Aikens-Congressional-Campaign-20141105

That was Primary day and I think things changed a lot after that! It looks like it will be a good documentary done by award winning people.

Very true -- primary day was huge for him, and I think he probably had a little more time to figure out what else he could do after the general election.

I knew the quality of the film would be extraordinary -- I remember that filmmaker winning the Oscar for documentary that year.

I cannot wait to see it. Just got to figure out HOW I'm going to see it. There are days when I curse us dropping cable.

I'm sure we can figure something out.

Another article

http://time.com/3558598/clay-aiken-congress-documentary/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+time%2Ftopstories+%28TIME%3A+Top+Stories%29

Ok so the loser appears in all these magazines today. Has to frost she who shall remain nameless!

@Brittany_Uter: Watch the trailer for Clay Aiken's new reality competition: Run for Congress http://t.co/QfD8xnkhGD