# 67: Everywhere He Goes, The People Love Him!

ldyjocelyn

So....how was everyone's weekend? I did very little, which felt nice. Now that my class is over for the semester, I'll now get back to doing things like cleaning my house on the weekends!

Sounds like it was a fun time in the Clay Aiken fandom too. Thankfully, I had little to do...heh..but I did have a few things to deal with....

New clack coming soon!

Via Arsenio's twitter page (and verified by someone at CV watching CNN):

Arsenio Hall ‏@ArsenioHall · 9m9 minutes ago

Hey 'mates ... @clayaiken coming up on CNN!

It's about the issue between Elton John and Dolce & Gabana.

ETA: Twitter picture!

https://twitter.com/...558340609409025

CAPmQCkWgAMiunh_zps8m6slrpw.jpg

He did quite well, if you ask me.

After seeing this, I'm pretty much sold that what he wants to do is connected to him being part of television news. He seems to "fit" there, and in many ways, it would be no-risk -- much less possibility of cancellation, for example. I personally would like this -- it would be Clay regularly on my TV, with some smarts involved. I also wouldn't have to spend money to travel!

BTW, if you have a membership at CV, get thee over there. camtheman has been rather busy....in quite a good way, IMO.

I've been catching up on all the camtheman posts from the last couple of days this morning, and what a riot! I wouldn't want his snark directed at me, but it's fun to read after the fact. Hey, what can I say, it's a slow day at work today. Thanks for the heads up on the CNN thing yesterday, ldyj. I also wonder if this is the type of thing he's hoping to do more of.

ETA: I seriously had my finger on the "retweet" button last night when I saw a tweet about CNN and had to stop myself. :idea:

Nice to see you posting, couchie! Hope things are settling down for you, finally.

I had a quiet weekend, and even though our temperatures are slowing rising above zero (most days) it was grey and drizzly. Today it's sunny but the temperature isn't very high...in fact, I drove through some light snow on the way to work. I wish spring would hurry up and arrive!

He could direct anything he wanted to me because I would and have given it right back to him. He told me one time that if I didn't stop something he would never come to Houston again. I told him that was ok I'd move. He just rolled his eyes at me and told the host of the show I was a stalker! I just gave him the "bring it" look to which he laughed.

• Like 1

I love snarky Clay. I LOL'd all night last night. And yes, I think you need to give it right back to him.

From Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/newhorizonssfv

New Horizons - SFV

Yesterday at 7:59pm ·

Invitations for New Horizons "Havana Nights" Gala Fundraiser have been sent. Did you get yours? It's going to be an exciting night at Calamigos Ranch at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center on April 18, 2015.

Our special honorees will be:

Singer, Actor and Performer, Clay Aiken

The 2015 Special Olympics World Games

PDC - A Brady Business

More exciting announcements coming soon. Don't miss it!

Sounds like Clay's on CNN again right now.

CNN Tonight ‏@CNNTonight

#Starbucks & race, #Elton v. #DolceandGabbana, & Penn State frat scandal. @FrankBruni, @ClayAiken, @PerezHilton weigh in,10P @CNNTonight

Context for Clay's last tweet:

Marlee Matlin started with this:

Watching @cnni here in Cambodia and agree with my friend @clayaiken about intolerance. The best response is often "Bless their hearts."

Then this:

PS @clayaiken you should join us on a mission with @starkeycares too! They do great work that's right up your alley. pic.twitter.com/6bVqsTYlly

So it sounds like Clay might be interested....

I just watched last night's CNN thing. He's SO well spoken, and yet, with a sense of humor. Gotta love him.

I can hardly speak when in Clay's presence, so I surely wouldn't be able to snark back at him LOL. I was quite proud of myself for managing one intelligent sentence during my one and only meet 'n greet. I love reading his snark but not sure how well I'd handle it if it was aimed at me. So I'll just sit back and enjoy....

luckiest, I've wondered how I would do with that myself. I think I could take it, but I'm not sure either. And would I have the gumption to give him something in return? I might, but I don't know.

One of the things I've discovered over the years about myself is that I do have a snark meter, and I do use it. Well timed, of course, so I do wonder if I ever meet Clay -- I just have a feeling something snarky would come out of my mouth, and I would venture a guess that he'd love it.

I'm one of those people who think of a good comeback a couple of hours later. LOL. In the moment I am usually speechless. Ldyj, I remember Clay bantering with you and your husband at a Christmas concert, I think....I remember because I was right beside you and I was already uncomfortable because the spotlight was aimed in my direction. :yow: