# 67: Everywhere He Goes, The People Love Him!

ldyjocelyn

Happy birthday to our other founder, who doesn't spend time here anymore (sadly) -- Ansa!

From CV:

Larry Flick interview/commentary TODAY!

Not sure if I'll be able to listen!

I'm in the backroom of my workplace, and am listening....

He's talking about the Charlotte church tragedy right now. Watched Jon Stewart, who summed it all up perfectly last night.

Thinking that racism and homophobia will "die off" as the population ages -- except that the shooter in Charlotte was 19.

How do you fix the way people think about race? Deal with fixing poverty instead.

Talking about how he could be a target, simply as a gay man. May have a cloak, because of his celebrity.

Believes that the Constitution spells out that we have the right to keep and bear arms. Doesn't believe it should be universal toward all kinds of arms, all the time, etc.

Need to have a long hard look on what will keep Americans safe anymore.

Mentions a show called "Happy Valley" on Netflix. British show about a place where even the cops don't have guns?

Now talking about the SCOTUS thing on same sex marriage. Steeling himself for the worst, hoping for the best.

The court just moves very slowly, and even with the progressives on it, overturning some things that could easily be done with the current makeup of the court just aren't being done.

Thinks that there are some Republicans who want the Supreme Court to rule on this, because then at least one or two of them will say "The court has spoken, let's stop talking about this."

President is not a strong position, legislative branch has more power. But he/she has the power to seat judges, including the Supreme Court.

Talking again about not always agreeing with all Democrats, can see good things from Republicans too.

Not preparing to run now again, ran last year because he saw a need. But may run again. Republican Senator for NC up in 2016, agrees with him on some things, he overturned Don't Ask, Don't Tell, but still may be interested in trying this. His issue will be money in politics.

Thinks that so much will be changed if we just TALK. (Sorry I got called away and couldn't finish the segment...)

Will be back sometime next week.

Good tweets regarding Clay's appearance this morning:

Ryan Magee @ThisIsRyGuy

Listening to @clayaiken on @OutQ about #guncontrol. He's absolutely right with everything that he's saying.

Frank DeLuca @FrankCincy

@clayaiken you are an inspiration to listen to whether singing or speaking the #truth on #TheJolt @LarryFlick @Comedydaddy

A reply to that last one:

Ryan Magee

@ThisIsRyGuy @FrankCincy @clayaiken He certainly is! Such a beautiful and smart man.

Kendall@Gay 50 @Gay50Blog

LOVING @clayaiken on The Morning Jolt with @LarryFlick today. PREACH BROTHER PREACH! @SIRIUSXM #truth

I missed the very beginning, but I heard at least 40 minutes of it. Great interview!

From CV:

ETA: just heard a commercial on the Frank DeCaro show (8:48 a.m. PST), which follows Larry. In the commercial Larry says Clay will be joining him on his next show to handicap the Supreme Court decision that is coming down next week and to talk about what is next in Clay's life.

A little birdie says that Clay will be on Larry Flick's show on Monday.

This same birdie thinks we are doing a good job of retweeting too, and wants us to keep it ip over the weekend, and then even harder on Monday.

Clay tweet!

Another:

It should be against FAA regulations to talk politics to your unwitting seat companion on flights! Poor woman behind me being preached to.

Clay shared a link to this Tumblr post from Taylor Swift on his professional Facebook page. I have seen it mentioned on my FB wall, and wondered what Clay thought about it.

To Apple, Love Taylor

To Apple, Love Taylor

I write this to explain why I’ll be holding back my album, 1989, from the new streaming service, Apple Music. I feel this deserves an explanation because Apple has been and will continue to be one of my best partners in selling music and creating ways for me to connect with my fans. I respect the company and the truly ingenious minds that have created a legacy based on innovation and pushing the right boundaries.

I’m sure you are aware that Apple Music will be offering a free 3 month trial to anyone who signs up for the service. I’m not sure you know that Apple Music will not be paying writers, producers, or artists for those three months. I find it to be shocking, disappointing, and completely unlike this historically progressive and generous company.

This is not about me. Thankfully I am on my fifth album and can support myself, my band, crew, and entire management team by playing live shows. This is about the new artist or band that has just released their first single and will not be paid for its success. This is about the young songwriter who just got his or her first cut and thought that the royalties from that would get them out of debt. This is about the producer who works tirelessly to innovate and create, just like the innovators and creators at Apple are pioneering in their field…but will not get paid for a quarter of a year’s worth of plays on his or her songs.

These are not the complaints of a spoiled, petulant child. These are the echoed sentiments of every artist, writer and producer in my social circles who are afraid to speak up publicly because we admire and respect Apple so much. We simply do not respect this particular call.

I realize that Apple is working towards a goal of paid streaming. I think that is beautiful progress. We know how astronomically successful Apple has been and we know that this incredible company has the money to pay artists, writers and producers for the 3 month trial period… even if it is free for the fans trying it out.

Three months is a long time to go unpaid, and it is unfair to ask anyone to work for nothing. I say this with love, reverence, and admiration for everything else Apple has done. I hope that soon I can join them in the progression towards a streaming model that seems fair to those who create this music. I think this could be the platform that gets it right.

But I say to Apple with all due respect, it’s not too late to change this policy and change the minds of those in the music industry who will be deeply and gravely affected by this. We don’t ask you for free iPhones. Please don’t ask us to provide you with our music for no compensation.

Taylor

Missed it this time...darn. Reading at CV that it sounds like he was the "political" expert, as part of a panel. Also, the Supreme Court won't be ruling on same-sex marriage today, so Clay will probably be on again, either Thursday or next Monday.