# 67: Everywhere He Goes, The People Love Him!

ldyjocelyn

Ok that's it....the final straw! Benedict Cumberbatch is engaged!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! And if I remember right, shortyjill will be sending out wedding invites soon -- because it's gotta be to her! LOL!

hahaha I'm just reading up a bit and saw this and sadly no it's not me. It's the lovely Sophie Hunter... look her up if you haven't seen a photo of her yet :) I am SO thrilled for Benedict though! I'm so happy for him!!

Sorry to see Clay lose too, he worked so hard... I'll be looking forward to the documentary though!

2old4Clay was at the party last night. Here's her recap and selfie, used with permission:

CampaignNight__2__zpscf82f364.jpg

Here is my M&G picture.....I would ask if someone can block out the images in the background...thanks.

There is really not much to report because we all did the same as you. Stood or sat and waited on results. Ipads being refreshed a mile a minute, and the pages wouldn't load, over and over again.

I am so proud of the campaign and his upbeat attitude and speech, he and we knew it was a long shot, and of course we were praying for it to happened. I did not know any other results of the rest of the country until I returned to the hotel around around 1 a.m. To say I am disgusted is an understatement. For Congress to have such a low approval rating, and for voters to put the same plus more do nothings back in amazes me.

We/they deserve what they get.

One funny thing about our get together with Clay. We received our ClayforNC picture frames and Clay said he would autograph them. We didn't think he was doing any type of autograph in this M&G so no one was prepared. He kept asking for a Sharpie....not one person had a Sharpie...Nick had to go back downstairs and drum some up so we could have our items autograph.

More stuff (used with permission) from CV. This is from SueReu:

078small_zpsdf0d071f.jpg

DSC_0571small_zps4ea9c655.jpg

FYI - that picture that I took and posted, Clay was looking over at members of his team. That's not a sad look at all, that's a look of the utmost affection for his team.

Just so ya know, I don't anyone to feel bad. I'm sure that Clay was disappointed (how could he not be disappointed?) but I don't for a second believe he was "gutted". I think he was fired up, ready to continue to loudly raise his voice to tell the stories of those who need their stories told. I know nothin' about nothin', but it wouldn't surprise me if Clay wasn't trying to get an opportunity to tell those stories on television - a regular correspondent on MSNBC or CNN or 60 Minutes or maybe even his own show.

I thought for sure I was going to cry last night. I didn't, not even close. The man I saw at the podium wasn't a defeated man. They say the end justifies the means - I believe this is true. The only piece we're missing is what end these means are leading to. I cannot wait to find out.

I miss the pings on my cell phone but I don't miss the politics at all!

The News and Onserver has a write up about the documentary.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/11/06/4299353_esquire-network-announces-documentary.html?rh=1

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/american-idol/clay-aiken-is-not-going-to-be-55029.aspx

I watch more documentaries than movies and I would never call them reality shows though they technically are. The caliber of the people doing this is unreal and it should be extremely good. Everything Clay does now is done with class and I bet we don't see any tables being turned over or coke machines being beaten! But then again you never know.

I agree merrieee -- documentaries and reality series really aren't the same thing. I keep thinking about the show "30 on 30" that ESPN is producing -- basically sports documentaries exclusively for their channel. This show, to me, sounds like the same kind of thing.

I'm actually kind of hoping for an unguarded moment or two from Clay, if that makes any sense. I want to know the "real" Clay as much as I can (knowing that this is very unrealistic on my part). Yes, Clay is a class act, and the most kind hearted man in the world at the moment, IMO. But I think there's something more, and I'd be fascinated seeing that.

AP pictures from election night: http://www.apimages....&orderBy=Newest

preview_zps96893735.jpg

News & Observer slide show pictures: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/11/05/4295627/north-carolina-elections-110414.html

B9mzbAuSt156_zps39b4ef40.jpeg

N2aZfAuSt156_zpsa1e2b11a.jpeg

1gc9AcAuSt156_zpsc2744856.jpeg

image_zps80b1dfb4.jpg

And yet, we have this comment on the article:

Michael-McCloud Thompson says:

November 7, 2014 at 3:07 am

I was at this fundraiser and I want it known that I will not be counted among any donors who say they feel “duped.” I’ve been a social and political activist for a long time and remain impressed with Clay Aiken’s depth and breadth of knowledge of the issues affecting not just his home state, but the country as a whole. I’m a member of the Directors Guild. I chatted with the camera crew working that evening and was clearly told that this documentary was being done by British film makers and was being shopped to the American market. Anyone who read the photo release would have seen the standard boilerplate language indicating “unrestricted, unconditional, in perpetuity” release – and this event was packed with people who work in the industry who should have recognized that language. The project, by Academy Award winning Simon Chinn and Emmy winning Jonathan Chinn, is not a “reality series,” but a documentary along the lines of Marshall Curry’s “Street Fight,” which told the story of Cory Booker’s failed first attempt to become mayor of Newark. As a candidate for public office, neither Booker nor Aiken benefited from the documentaries that featured their campaigns, because doing so would be a clear violation of Federal Election Commission rules. Aiken seemed believable, dedicated and committed because that is exactly what he is. Had Mr, Tyler requested clarification from Lightbox, the Chinns or Aiken, he would have discovered that this documentary is exactly what was described as being filmed all along. Aiken has been an advocate and activist since he was a teenager and used his high profile career to expand his advocacy. What a damned shame to question his integrity!

WTF Mountain just got bigger again.

For the first time this week I have tears in my eyes! New video from Clay

http://www.clayaiken.com

Tweet

@clayaiken: This is my 'thank you.' But it's not a 'thank you' and 'goodbye.' http://t.co/tvq0zdhE4X

Now an email

Hey. What a week. Actually… what a year! I just wanted to shoot you a quick word to say thanks so much for your support this past year. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate you. I thought we’d try to end the campaign in much the same way that we started it, so I figured I would shoot a quick video to tell you thanks, and tell you what’s next. Click on it here to watch (same video)

Hey look -- a selfie!

clay_zps5d1877ee.jpg

Hot Diggity Dog NC

34 mins ·

Not only did Clay Aiken stop by Hot Diggity Dog NC.com but he got in a little selfie action his self!

Gosh, I was beginning to miss the selfies... I feel like I have nothing to do anymore.

BTW, I have a few PM's out at CV for some more pictures -- a few from the bowling fundraiser, and a few from the election night watch party. Hopefully I'll have more later today.

As far as the...well...other thing that's going on in Clayland (and I'm going to put the News & Observer link to the story in the news section)...

"Rotting souls."

I think Clay saw this kind of writing on the wall early on in his career, and it's now coming back again, even if he's trying to work for his beloved home state. I also think that the one writer wanted Clay to really push a gay agenda, and Clay wasn't having any of it -- because to him, it was not an issue that was important to a majority of his constituents. (Yes, I know -- to the LGBT community there, it would be important -- but I still say that creating economic opportunities was a much bigger issue.) And so, she's pissed. The host guy? I'm not sure what his beef is, but the whole thing just smells fishy.

Having said that...Clay will survive. The fans don't need to rush out and "save him" once again, and IMO he really doesn't have to justify speaking to this issue. He did that with his video he released of Friday, IMO. The media, sadly, won't pay any attention to that, because it doesn't sell. But -- Clay is just the strongest man I know, and I love him for it.

From the National Inclusion Project:

WE NEED YOUR VOTES TO WIN $10,000!

We believe that 1) Everyone can make a friend 2) Everyone can participate and 3) Everyone can be successful.

We want to share these core beliefs and promote a positive message to local educators and advocates that inclusion can and does work. We need YOU to help us win the $10,000 so that we can do it!

Click here to vote for the Project’s cause “Power of Play Scholarships”, commit to an act of KINDness and share with your friends. You can vote up to 4 times a month. Challenge your friends to BE KIND and vote too!!! We need everyone’s help to win $10,000!!!

vote-now

Here’s how it works:

Visit our page on the KIND causes website before midnight EST on Nov 30th.

Click the ‘Vote with a KIND Act’ button.

You will be asked to sign up with an email/password or thru Facebook. (FYI: If you are redirected to the KIND homepage after signing in, please go back to the ‘Power of Play Scholarships‘ Cause page and click ‘Vote’ again.)

Commit to an Act of KINDness. (multiple choice)

Share with your friends through FB, Twitter, and/or email – you get 1 extra vote for each way you share! (Up to 4 votes per account per month) If you do not want to share now, you can return sometime before Nov 30th and share to gain the extra votes.

The $10,000 will be used to offer 40 scholarships to educators and advocates to our Power of Play Conference in March as a means to broaden the knowledge, impact and implementation of inclusive programs.

As one parent recently informed us, “Inclusion means that my child is not seen as a burden.” We want this to be a global view of, not just children, but all people with disabilities.

Here's the link to vote. I did one vote via both Facebook and Twitter: http://causes.kindsnacks.com/cause/power-of-play-scholarships/

A Not Just Us story - been a long time.... I had my hair done today by a woman who has been doing it anytime I have lived here since the 1980s. She told me that after I mentioned Clay running for Congress she decided to watch the debate. She admitted that despite what I had told her, she was prepared to laugh, and ended up extremely impressed with him instead. She said she liked his attitude of communicating between the parties, and not thinking of each other as "enemies"; she shared some of his more conservative viewpoints, though generally liberal and open-minded. She was impressed with his intelligence and his thoughtful, practical ideas. She's a great example of the kind of local voter that he wasn't able to reach enough of, even yet. No one pays attention, she said - if they'd bothered to have watched or learned anything... I told her about "WTF mountain." Like me, she's in the strip between the body and the tail of the mouse, so she couldn't have voted for him either. But said she would have if she could.