# 67: Everywhere He Goes, The People Love Him!

ldyjocelyn

Yes, I loved that too.

As someone who grew up in a very small town, I really appreciated that part of his campaign. The town I grew up next to had 300 people in it. (I always joked that I lived in the suburbs, as I really grew up on a farm outside of this town). Nobody every visited us. But if someone campaigning had come through, and listened to us...that would be great. I hope Clay gave some of those people hope.

Good morning everyone!

This week begins my boss' maternity leave -- she's having the baby via C-section sometime today. This means, however, that I'm now the boss for the rest of the semester! AAAAGH! I also know that this is merrieeee's bad week at work, so between the two of us...hopefully we'll be able to keep everyone who still reads here updated on the latest Clay news.

Can you believe it's just over a week before "The Runner-Up" is shown? I'm looking forward to it, even if some parts might be difficult to watch.

New tweet!

Screw the Indiana BS! Inequality like this is the biggest problem in America! Guess I'm done with #Wyndham hotels. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/03/30/after-a-story-is-published-a-minimum-wage-worker-loses-her-job/…

The Public Schools event on April 9 has been cancelled.

We are so sorry but due to scheduling conflicts we are cancelling this event on April 9, 2015. This is totally due to errors I made in the scheduling and is not Mr. Aiken's fault. He is willing to reschedule with us sometime - we do hope to reschedule with Clay in the fall.

Clay's also gotten into a bit of a "twitter war" with someone who wants to fight him on the Indiana law signed recently.

Chris Duehring @chrisduehring

@clayaiken maybe..just MAYBE you should've read the law..BEFORE you commented on it..#jackboothypocrites

Clay Aiken

@clayaiken

@chrisduehring maybe you should have read the article. #regulardumbass

@clayaiken lol...article vs. the law itself...who's the slobbering #dumbass now Clay?

Clay Aiken @clayaiken

@chrisduehring considering you still haven't read the article I posted to see that it has nothing to do with Indiana, I'd say it's still you

@clayaiken funny thing is...nobody gives two shits what you might think Clay...and you've STILL not read the law. @washedupsinger #whines

Clay Aiken @clayaiken

@chrisduehring well, I appreciate that you're following me.

@clayaiken following..nah. Amused...clearly. you and your gay jackboots...may want to read the laws...you amuse those of us who do. #whiner

Thanks deemer! Very nice.

Ldyj and merrieeee, don't work so hard. Stop and smell the roses. Spring is here in NC. My granddaughter was running around in the woods with a white sleeveless dress and bare feet. I drove around to pick her up and she was dancing in the sunshine.

Thanks deemer! I'd grab one of those, except that I REALLY like "diner" guy!

Fear, I'm trying my best to do just that. But, it's extremely hard when we're short staffed to begin with! Fortunately, a day off on Friday....

That new promo clip is very interesting, and really shows the hard battle he had to fight in order to accomplish anything. Considering that, I think it's great he garnered as many votes as he did!

CBcbFWbWkAAiw3H_zpsbtredafm.jpg

Enrichment Alliance ‏@Enrichva · 2m2 minutes ago #powerofplay15

National Inclusion Project founder Clay Aiken at power of play inclusion conference.

Channel 3 Kids Camp ‏@Channel3kCamp · 16s17 seconds ago

@clayaiken is here at @includingkids #PowerofPlay15 conference saying thank you to all the #inclusion professionals!

CBcc11CWwAE9Yl5_zpsi2g68kcf.jpg

Marquis Studios ‏@MarquisStudios · 1m1 minute ago

Our Executive Director listening to Clay Aiken #PowerofPlay15 #artseducation #artsed #disabilityawareness #inclusion pic.twitter.com/e8V0rUqLFj

Hannah Quick ‏@hannahlquick5 · 20s21 seconds ago

Such a wonderful person!!!! Clay Aiken you are such an inspiration!!! #PullumYMCANavarre

#powerofplay15

CBceZi_VEAAlL7H_zpsgzlkyukp.jpg

Nat'l Incl Project ‏@includingkids · 50s51 seconds ago

Longtime friends & amazing #inclusion advocates @clayaiken & @hallteam5 We are privileged 2 have both #PowerofPlay15 http://ow.ly/i/aaRKw

proxy_zpsyyab6nyd.jpg

New tweets:

This deserves a letter/email/phone call campaign. Special needs son not allowed to wear letter jacket via @ABC11_WTVD abc11.com/sports/mom-spe…
#disappointing -- After asking special needs student to remove letter jacket, principal defends his actions washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-le…

clay_zpsowvoo43r.jpg

Channel 3 Kids Camp with Joan Levine Gurski

1 hr · Edited ·

Two of our staff attended the 2 day National Inclusion Project's 'Let's all Play' conference. On the way home look who they met!? It's Clay Aiken (L) our Joan Gurski and on the right is Diane Bubel. Aiken and Bubel started the organization that became the National Inclusion Project. How fun is that! Great way to finish a great conference. Safe travels home!

clay_zpsqlct0xyh.jpg

janelly501

1 minute ago

Closing out the #powerofplay15 conference with a #selfie with Clay Aiken the co-founder of the @includingkids @playworksrecess #NCcelebrity #playworks

Via CV, a TV listing of the second episode;

The Runner-Up

Go for the Jugular!

Season 01, Episode 02

Primary winner Clay faces new challenges in the general election; ``American Idol'' winners Ruben Studdard and Fantasia help Clay raise funds; Clay hopes that participating in a televised debate will boost his numbers in the polls.

The National Inclusion Project posted more pictures from the Power of Play conference. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153245640881450.1073741843.111283126449&type=1

The picture of Clay and Aron was posted yesterday; here's the other one of Clay.

11084036_10153245642081450_8908337514692972939_o_zpsaxrvdgaj.jpg

Kevin Fallon ‏@kpfallon · 14m14 minutes ago

Transcribing my interview with Clay Aiken and startled by how many profound things he says and what if Clay Aiken becomes my life coach?

This gentleman writes for The Daily Beast. Hopefully the interview will be up soon!

From Instagram:

2015-04-01_1327_zpsvbsbmney.png

darinslyman

2 hours ago · The Situation Room

#Repost @vitalvoice with @repostapp.
・・・
The #Aprilissue hits stands today, featuring Clay Aiken - No foolin'! @clayfornc #lgbt #politics #equality

The interview was published last Friday, and is in our news section.

A tweet from a Philadelphia TV critic:

Ellen Gray ‏@elgray

Kind of a shame Esquire's gonna bleep all those F-bombs in #TheRunnerUp (starts 4/7). Clay Aiken makes them sound kind of adorable.