# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

Anyone around here affected by the winter storm? Here in Illinois, it's 32 degrees, light covering of snow (leftover from a few days ago). I feel sorry those on the East Coast.

Going out tonight to see a live band with my husband! Can't wait.

We had about 4 inches of sleet and snow. I tried to clean off the front walk but it was too icy underneath. The landscaping crew for our development plowed our roads twice and shoveled a path up the driveway and finished our front walk. Its supposed to be above freezing tomorrow so some snow will melt and maybe I'll get out of the house.

I hope everyone else is safe and warm.

Glad you survived Fear! Hope jmh is OK too...

Ended up not going out last night. I started feeling quesy right after dinner, so I sent my husband on ahead. He came back an hour later -- too crowded! I feel better today, thankfully.

From last night, via Instagram:

caminghammusic

Candid picture of Clay Aiken at the #philadelphiaauditions #AmericanIdol #americanidolthefarewellseason #GoldenTicket

image_zpsplzervhx.jpeg

From Clay's Facebook page.

The top news story in England today -- and it's all over every news channel and paper -- is the sad death of an infant whose sepsis was not caught by the NHS doctors here.

Despite the obvious knee-jerk reaction that many might be inclined to have about public and universal healthcare, I can't help but think about the thousands of deaths from medical malpractice or negligence that occur in the US each year and that do not get media attention. Why? Because they happen too often.

Yet, here in a country with free and universal health coverage for all, the death of one child gets national attention and is being discussed live in the House of Commons.

The healthcare system in the US is still a mess, and giving further or more control to for-profit health insurance companies is not the answer.

First of all, my kitty cats are 16 years old today! They are doing fantastic for their age, and we love them so much.

And then, 13 years ago today...

Now, I wasn't there for this, but at this point...it's hard to imagine this not happening, and I'm so thankful it did. I would have never met so many wonderful people.

I'll bet Clay's glad it happened too! Look at all he's accomplished -- and I'm sure there will be much more to come.

• Like 1

FYI. There is a fake Facebook page out there that is not Clay. So if your friend request has been accepted just know it is not Clay. Cam posted to let everyone know.

Anyone being added by this account on FB: facebook.com/clay.aiken.710… IT'S NOT REALLY ME!! #beware We are working on it.

National Inclusion Project retweeted this this morning. If you click on the @marquisstudios Clay is pictured in the banner. On my iPad so the link doesn't show up but if you're on Twitter it will.

RT @MarquisStudios: David Marquis @MetroFocus speaks about Inclusion Programs @includingkids @VSAIntl @JMTMedia_NYC

I just got a message from Facebook that they've received my reporting of the fake Clay page.

ETA: And cam also mentioned something about "McKay" being on CNN this afternoon, 2:00 pm

I swear, there are too many aliases out there!

Some one said maybe autocorrect. Can't wait to find out why he's on

Never got an invite, have to admit I would have been skeptical, but I would have taken a picture of it to save!

Really came on to say the ALL ABOUT CLAY bar is missing. Got here from the side bar