# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

I got to hear it live - yay! And I didn't know there was going to be a private concert last night. I just happened to have my iPad whistle at me. And Clay and I must have a connection - lol - because after fumbling around getting the iPad open, getting cut off once, I at last made it with a sigh of relief and hoped I hadn't miss too much, and Clay looked at me and nodded (thinking I am sure that jmh123 is here now) and started. Heh.

:rainbowsmile:

I plan on going to the Gala. Oct. Is hard for me but I am hoping my ski patrol recert is not that weekend. If it is I now have more instructors and I think I can desinate the work. Just going to be a little tricky for me to get my recert in at another ski area. I missed all Gala's till 2011 because of this and even missed the one in DC because of it. I have been saving to go so I will make it happen.

ninna, there are problems with the board that I know about. I've been in touch with couchie about what to do, and we are investigating some new options.

For now, though -- I've discovered that if I post something, click the "Post" button, and then refresh the screen, the post has gone through.

The main problem seems to be the messaging system.

I will keep everyone in the loop.

FYI...

Our board is in massive need of an upgrade. MASSIVE. As in, things are going wrong left and right. Therefore, I'm putting in a ticket to have the board upgraded. If we're down, that's probably why.

I'm hoping things don't look too different after this is finished. I'm a little afraid, though, that it might be like what happened with CV....

The work has already been done! It already works much better -- we can now use PM's again!

However, we're still on an older version of the board, and we really should upgrade even more. THAT is the change that would make us more like CV, and some of the problems they had. Still in discussions on this....

The board is working sooooo much better. I came to give it a test run and was just checking around randomly to see if all the posts in all the threads were still there, and ran across this post. All the same guy on the same night. And thank you bottlecap for keeping them in your photobucket.

Via CV - Lancaster pics by irishbookgal

Lan_1.jpg

Lan_2.jpg

Lan_3.jpg

Lan_5.jpg

Lan_4.jpg

My photobucket is still brimming with pictures...I just need to add some oldies to them. Those pictures above are DARLING. I loved that tour -- the friendship between him and Ruben still makes me glad.

FYI: I'm putting in for another board upgrade today. (Yes, we were that far behind. Shut. Up.) This one, though, will be more major, I think, and I'm not exactly sure when it will happen. When it does, though, I believe we'll be a bit more like the CV board.

As it happens, I'm not going to be able to put the request in today -- way too busy at work, plus we're down a librarian. The request will go in tomorrow morning.

Tyler Oakley Voted Most Eligible Bachelor; Adam Lambert, Clay Aiken in Top 5

Out readers have voted YouTuber Tyler Oakley the magazine's Most Eligible Bachelor of 2016.

“Our annual Most Eligible Bachelor competition saw a particularly exciting year,” Out editors wrote in announcing the results. “In under one hour, Tyler Oakley rose nearly 20% in votes, beating last year's winner, Adam Lambert, by about 5% and finishing the competition in the number one spot at 26.4%. Congrats, Tyler!”

Rounding out the top 5 were singer Adam Lambert (2), singer-politician Clay Aiken (3), figure skater Johnny Weir (4) and model Nyle DiMarco (5).

The annual survey asked readers to consider from “100 of the most dateable gay guys on the planet,” including singer Steve Grand (6) and actor Jonathan Groff (12). Men with a broad range of backgrounds, from fashion icons to politicians, were nominated.

Oakley is currently competing on CBS' The Amazing Race.

Tweet

My very FIRST Instagram post ... from the set of the very LAST taping of Third Rail on Al… instagram.com/p/BCLu43pS8Iz/

My very FIRST Instagram post ... from the set of the very LAST taping of Third Rail on Al Jazeera America. Sad to see them go. Such an important voice to lose. Thanks AJAM and Third Rail for letting me be a part of the last episode.