# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

merrieeee, how was the movie?

The opera was pretty cool! Hubby and I didn't quite know what to expect -- walked in 20 minutes before the show was to start, and found that there was a local expert there talking about the production we were about to see (Bizet's Pearl Divers). That was kinda neat, to have some idea what we were going to be seeingb= before we saw it.

It's freakin' cold here! Four degrees, with a wind chill of minus 14!

I hope Clay is keeping warm...I'd like it if he was with someone special, but who knows?

ETA: Probably not keeping warm with her the way I was thinking of, but still...

Jarod ruffing @7jarod7

Tyra banks and Clay Aiken were in the same restaurant as me today

7:52pm ยท 17 Jan 2016

Well the roads around the movie theatre were closed due to the Houston Marathon so we went out for Indian food instead!

My daughter has seen most of the current movies and her favourite by far is Carol. She said most of the ones you can wait to see on the TV but Carol is so lush and beautifully filmed that it deserves the big screen.

I think I'll go see it next week.

That's trully it. He's happy. I'm good.

Another fun tweet.

Cristen โ€@ninecrayons 24m24 minutes ago

That random moment when you're at Hamilton and suddenly spy @clayaiken and you life comes oddly full circle.

A couple of tweets from tonight! There are a lot of positive ones but I'm not sure if it is fans or not.

The first one is from Rodney Ho.

If you missed #AmericanIdol tonight, it was a good episode. And you missed a crazy @ClayAiken rant to boot! radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2016/01/20/ameโ€ฆ

@ajcrodneyho @clayaiken Clay sure was the best moment of the show. If @AmericanIdol is smart the y will have Clay in the show a lot!!

Just got home, and watched Clay's "rant" -- which was well deserved! I think he was totally right telling that guy off. It's actually one of the things I've hated about Idol since season 3, them giving the bad ones air time. Clay was smart to say those things.

Need to watch again.

Loved the tweets from Rodney Ho too!

https://www.rickey.org/american-idol-2016-live-blog-and-recap-auditions-5-denver-little-rock-atlanta-philly-video/290399/-

Back from break with American Idol winners Taylor Hicks, Nick Fradiani, Ruben Studdard, Kris Allen and Lee DeWyze, along with Season 2 runner-up Clay Aiken on-hand to help in the arena auditions. We get an absolutely INSANE audition from a man in drag who sings โ€œNatural Womanโ€ while falling out of his dress and cartwheeling all over the place, and then falling onto his back and kicking his legs up in the air. This was awful, and Clay is totally in the right to rip into this guy, saying that American Idol is a show that has given him everything he has, and that this manโ€™s audition was an insult to everyone who takes this seriously. The man insists Clay doesnโ€™t know talent, and thatโ€™s why he lost, but Clay is quick to respond with a dismissive, โ€œI donโ€™t have time for this.โ€ Go Clay.

Cute Twitter exchange:

Joel Sanchez โ€@kevinchiladaq

When I was 4, I turned down an audition that we flew out to California for because I didn't want to say that I loved hot wheels.

Purely by coincidence, walking down Hollywood boulevard later that day. We came across the set for a Clay Aiken music video

He chose me to be in his video without even knowing I was an actor. He hung out with us for a while on set and in between shots

And that's the story of how me and my mom had our 3 seconds of fame with @clayaiken

https://twitter.com/kevinchiladaq

CZQxuubWkAAc7h3.jpg.07c0f0209dfe969ee3b30fb194689103_zpsyuwrnwhb.jpg

Clay replied:

@kevinchiladaq You make me feel so old! Ha ha. But you're great in the video and I'm so glad you were a part of it!

It's a bit slow so I hope you don't mind me sharing these...

I was going through my Benedict folder the other day and came across this image I forgot I had. The resemblance of it to an old photo of Clay makes me giggle every time http://i.imgur.com/hKfBTsp.jpg

Then there's also this one..... http://i.imgur.com/wJu0WUK.jpg

Not the same photographers fyi. But the coincidence makes me laugh

I'll scuttle off now, have work later and a few things I want to get done before I have to leave. Anyone who's in the path of the storm, stay safe! :)