# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

Are Kasich and Carson there tonight? #GOPDebate
.@realDonaldTrump will you be able to see our wall from space, like the Great Wall of China?? Because, if not, I don't want it.
Ha ha. #soundbite Marco Rubio ... every singe one of your lines is so obviously rehearsed. #GOPDebate
"We are the party of diversity" Ok. That made me chuckle. #GOPDebate
I'm sure Telemundo is very happy to hear that Trump is no longer fighting with Univision. ha ha #GOPDebate

How did @JohnKasich just say he wants to pray for me to "change" my "behavior" and yet he is still the sane one on this stage? #GOPDebate
"Extra rights"? Go back to sleep @RealBenCarson. #GOPDebate
When Rubio smiles at his own digs, he looks like a little kid who is so excited that he scored a goal in soccer. How cute. #gopdebate
I am LOVING these @politico vines!

And then Clay retweets this from Politico:

Trump accuses Cruz of being a zealot vine.co/v/i6vZZpU5p25

Come on @wolfblitzer You're moderating! Not Cruz. take charge man! #GOPDebate
I don't know @marcorubio can give @realDonaldTrump crap for repeating himself when Rubio is a nothing but a memorized script. #GOPDebate

jgaryp tweeted:

Who keeps coughing? Is there a doctor in the house? #GOPDebate

Clay's reply:

@jgaryp He's over on the side of the stage. But i think he may be asleep.

believeinxfiles tweeted:

@clayaiken Clay, this isn't a reality show. Stick to what you're good at.

Clay's reply:

@believeinxfiles I'm pretty good at everything! :-)

Is Rubio adopting Trump's scowl? #GOPDebate

Retweet from America Now Radio:

Trump adds a new word to the lexicon #Bigly #GOPDebate twitter.com/RealAdamLewis/…

The @realDonaldTrump : "It's embarrassing for me to say I'm beating him so badly" ... you sorta gotta love him a tiny bit! #GOPDebate
Trump is right. I'm pretty sure my dog could beat @tedcruz #GOPDebate

Missed an earlier one! andrecheravong tweeted:

.@clayaiken I hope you get selected as a running mate!

Clay's reply:

@andrechouravong Not with one of these crazies! haha

And I missed another earlier one! matthewhardin tweeted, in reply to Clay's diversity comment:

@clayaiken You do realize there are two hispanics and a black on the stage right?

Clay's reply:

@matthewharden "A Black"? There's "a black"? Really? #pointproven

Come on now Rubio, say something other than "This is not a real estate deal". I know you practiced it, but that was 4 times, man. #GOPDebate
MERCY!!! SHUT UP!!! Everyone else on stage is acting like a kindergartener, and Carson goes and tattles like a preschooler! #GOPDebate

Retweet from Neal_Dewing

Dr. @RealBenCarson is so wildly off-topic right now. This is a complete waste of time. Are you kidding me with this shit?

Another Vine retweet from Politico:

Carson’s gonna whine vine.co/v/i6v65blLtXQ
"Go ahead. Don't get nervous." Trump is such the Alpha on the stage that Cruz and Rubio both look like kids. The whole picture is disturbing
I'm going to need to learn Spanish so I can watch this woman @MariaCeleste on @Telemundo. I'm sorta loving her. #GOPDebate

huitecouture tweeted about Clay, in reply to his "get nervous" tweet:

WOW this is surprising for Clay Aiken! twitter.com/clayaiken/stat…

Clay's reply:

@huitecouture Disturbing... as in its disturbing that he looks in charge.

Another Vine retweet from Politico:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA twitter.com/politico/statu

POLITICO @politico
'Years ago, a movie was made about these hands vine.co/v/i6vPjtM5Oqg

Yo @NBCNews PLEASE keep @KatyTurNBC in the US to cover the election all year! She's sooo good on the spot with these candidates!

Think he was really enjoying himself. Wish I'd been home to watch as he tweeted. Only reason I would watch ANY presidential debate. From other reports, sounds like it was the top 3 yelling at each other a lot, with the rest trying to look like adults.

I wasn't home either, but his tweets are entertaining in that way.

As for the "adults" -- well, I think one was asleep. The other? He seems "normal," but he's also the one that suggested praying to change gay "behavior." That's just as dangerous. I can see why Clay worries about him

Tweets

Rubio had a good night last night. That should have been the story. Gotta hand it to @realdonaldtrump. He knows how to take the story back!

It sounds mean and bully like, yes. But these attacks Trump's throwing at Rubio are going to work. He's effectively painting him as weak.

Twitter conversations.

Oh sweet Lord, no!! I do NOT envy the person who would end up in that job!

In response to:

@clayaiken @realDonaldTrump Clay Aiken for press secretary in Trump administration?

Good hair is a qualification?? Maybe thats why I didn't win!!! ;-)

In response to:

@clayaiken He IS weak. @marcorubio 's only real presidential qualification is his hair. Is good hair enough? Let's hope not.

Doh! He's recounting stories with specific people he has "met"!! He IS turning into a real politician!! #campaigning101

"Cruz lies, but at least they are reasonable lies." What does that mean? That's not what you were saying last night, Mr Trump!

#bigly New drinking game?

That, my friends, is one NAIVE man!!!!

And he's back.

Forget Christie! I wanna know who @laporsharenae is endorsing! I will vote for whoever she tells me to! #IdolTop10

In response to.

We’re loving @laporsharenae’s take on a classic @rihanna song! #IdolTop10