# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

If you go to iTunes, you can listen to this Candidate Confessional right now.  Can't download it yet, though.

"Stevie Wonder could see that I was gay."  LOL!

If you've got a SoundCloud account, you can download now:  

Listening to this now, it's heartbreaking to listen to him talking about Keith Crisco's death.

Just finished listening on soundcloud. Great interview, funny in parts as only Clay can be, informative, even tho I payed close attention to his campaign, and painful listening to him trying to hold it together. He never seizes  to amaze me with he candor.

I really love the style he's rocking lately -- the shirt/tie combinations are really interesting.  It's not something that I would automatically pick out for my husband, and yet they totally work for Clay.  

The hairstyle too is really, really good!

• Like 1

Another Huffington Post article, with a link to the podcast.  I also noticed last night that Arianna Huffington (founder of HuffPo) tweeted about the podcast.  She has like a gazillion followers on Twitter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/clay-aiken-gay-campaign_us_571e3061e4b0d4d3f723d721?ir=Queer+Voices%C2%A7ion=us_queer-voices&utm_hp_ref=queer-voices

Oh, and check out another new picture, posted in this article.  The photographer, Damon Scheleur, also posted another on his Facebook page.  

571e35ed2200002900254696_zpsgbjeog5y.jpe13063284_10204360231165714_3479664692304

Here's another team that needs donations, same event: https://friendraising2.donorpro.com/campaigns/39/team/1220

This is my friend Barbara's son and daughter-in-law, on behalf of their daughter (Barbara's granddaughter) who has some developmental delays.  I posted it once on my FB a few weeks ago and again earlier today, but no one has donated.  I know it's all about Clay but it would be nice to encourage some of the other teams too.

jmh -- DONE!

ETA:  From Facebook:

Bertrand's Old Town Music
3 hrs
Our employee, Ashley Jarmack was on American Idol's series finale, performing with Clay Aiken! Check out the video of the performance.
#BertrandsMusic #AmericanIdol #ClayAiken #Fox #IdolFinale

post-797-0-30998400-1461708980_zpss7k4ut

• Like 1