# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

Thankfully, I'm off tomorrow!  Just went out for a nice dinner tonight.  Tomorrow is planting day -- my husband has gotten my garden area built up.  YAY!

I'm taking tomorrow off too!  No reason just felt like it.    

I got stuck in YouTube tonight and ended up watching the best of season 12 of celebrity apprentice.   It was great because they didn't show the end.  

Ok some advice needed.  As of July 1 my company's insurance company will no longer consider the group insurance for me as my primary insurance. As I'm over 65 they will now consider Medicare part b as primary and the group policy at work as secondary.  Since I don't have that I will have no primary insurance.   I can sign up for it at a cost to me.  My issue is that this is only happening to those of us over 65.  Everyone else gets to keep their primary insurance intact and 100% paid for. Thoughts?

I will have to look up that YouTube.  I loved Clay being in that show so much, even if the ourcome wasn't the best...

I see you are getting replies on your insurance thing elsewhere.  I sadly know nothing about that sort of thing.  I should start studying it now though!

A sweet article from Carmen Rasmussen (Herbert) about Rickey Smith.  Clay is mentioned a few times.  Earmuffs--LOL!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865654653/Goodbye-Rickey-Smith.html?pg=all

Ldyjocelyn, that is such a sweet article by Carmen.  :angel55:

Merrieeee, good luck figuring all of this out.  They may be calling Medicare your primary, but it's probably not the primary in terms of costs. I have Medicare Part A and B, which I pay the gov't for, and also an Advantage plan. I could have gotten either a Supplemental plan or an Advantage plan, and was advised I really should have the Supplemental because I could never be denied coverage in the future if I enrolled when first eligible. But it was much more expensive, and goes up every year. I also needed a prescription drug plan, which is part of my Advantage plan, but otherwise would have been yet another type of coverage I needed to get. The cost of Medicare A and B is very reasonable, and the rest can get quite expensive depending on the coverage you have, so your company will probably still be paying the bulk of your insurance costs if that's any consolation. As for why only those over 65, once you turn 65 you are eligible for Medicare -- that's the only reason.  What that they are probably doing is paying for a Supplemental plan and drug coverage for you--it would be worth finding out exactly what they are doing now so that you will know when you do retire.

I have a friend who just retired at 67, was covered at work til then and rejected Medicare, and has had all kinds of problems for months now making the switch.