# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

Truly.... truly in love with you.... I could get used to this but I think it's going to be awhile before he sings to me again.  Live.  We've got quite a nice collection of these by now; much appreciated by listeners at home.

He whispered that "this is a rowdy bunch."  :tomato:

merrieee was in the front row.  I was in the very back corner -- fortunately on a tall stool and on the side Clay favored.  However, I only had my cell phone, so this is about the best I could do.  His front cowlick was adorable.

image.jpeg

I'm home!  I've actually been out to do some shopping, and then will go out for pizza for dinner in a few minutes.  I'm still processing everything from last night, but let's just say...I want to do it again next year at this time!  Once a year is actually good for me -- I don't feel guilty about wanting to mortgage the house, and yet, it provides me a good, savory bite of yummy goodness.

It appears Renee Ellmers has lost.    Oh my where are the tissues? I need them for the tears of laughter. 

http://twitter.com/clayaiken/status/740342490100867073

@clayaiken: It's official! Goodbye @RepReneeEllmers You won't be missed. #walkawayrenee http://twitter.com/clayaiken/status/740343536772583424/video/1

Lots of tweets out there about Renee losing and Clay being happy about it.  

Just walk away Renee....

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/clay-aiken-says-goodbye-to-renee-ellmers?utm_content=buffer86703&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Clay Aiken Says Goodbye To Renee Ellmers In Video Tweet

jlksrqtpfeukobv1epak.jpg

ByLAUREN FOXPublishedJUNE 7, 2016, 9:16 PM EDT

Former American Idol star Clay Aiken couldn't defeat Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-NC) in the 2014 election, but he merrily sent her on her way Tuesday night after she was lost her Republican primary.

Aiken tweeted Tuesday night "It's official! Goodbye @RepReneeEllmers You won't be missed.#walkawayrenee."

He included a photo montage of Ellmers with "Walk Way Renee" playing in the background.

It's official! Goodbye @RepReneeEllmers You won't be missed. #walkawayreneepic.twitter.com/7bJxQy9JXn

— Clay Aiken (@clayaiken) June 8, 2016

I think I've crashed and burned from last weekend.  Unfortunately, I've got another two hours to kill work before going home this evening.  My library, due to budget cuts at the college (thanks to our wonderful governor and legislature, couldn't agree on a budget for last year), is INCREDIBLY short staffed -- 5 part-time professional positions gone.  And we can't find anyone to replace them, because no one wants part time, or if they are applying, they aren't qualified.  

AAAAGH!