# 68: The Absurdly Charming Clay Aiken

ldyjocelyn

Dont take the easy path of calling it just "Islamic terrorism". This was an attack on LGBT people! Yet LGBT are still not a protected class!

. This was a hate based attacks on gay people! Do you have the courage to call it that?

Retweets by Clay:

1. 4. Media shifts it from homophobia —home-grown in U.S. — to international terrorism, gives ISIS power in the process, downplays hate here.

3. I worry that shooter though shooter of anti-gay hate, used ISIS to give himself higher purpose, but would have done this no matter.but..

2. 2. We know father says shooter wasn’t religious, but was upset seeing 2 gay men kiss. Thus does seem to be “homophobia-inspired.” And...

3. 1. We don’t know much, media speculating all over the place. They debate “ISIS-directed” vs. “ISIS-inspired.” But...

A gay man who survived this awful hate crime is not legally allowed to donate blood to his friends injured in the same attack.

(Edited response)

Preach!

In response to:

But a m-%*&-f-#%$-r on a watchlist can buy guns!! Cmon!!

I'm back!  It was great to see family, but driving home was rather scary.  Three hour drive -- started in sun, but about 45 minutes into it, drove into a major gullywasher!  Driving 25 miles per hour on a normally 55 MPH road, windshield washers full blast, couldn't see a thing.  I ended up pulling over for about 10 minutes -- and watched the temp drop 10 degrees during that time as well.  Finally made it back on the road, and drove totally out of it in another half hour.  I'm back home now, and there was no rain whatsoever, and it's hot again.  

So, it looks as if Clay had some things to say today.  I don't blame him one bit.  What happened today scares me, frightens me, and makes me sad for our country.  Yet, I have to have hope, as the one article suggested.  We cannot live in fear -- but we also need to learn tolerance!