#69: @clayaiken is my new favorite politician. He is so dreamy!

ldyjocelyn

Can this be the first time I've added a photo since the upgrade? Tsk tsk tsk. I went out and rescued the nicest of my winter-blooming camellia blossoms before the weather kills them. The red one is probably the only one of those I'll see this year, and almost every year, sadly. That one always buds at a dangerous time, but this one will fully open in the house; it's not there yet. The pinks ones won't, but this year I've had a good year so far. The pink ones in a mild winter can keep coming until March, but I doubt any will survive a layer of ice (which is falling now) and the zero degrees to come. I was too lazy to get out the good camera so did these with my iPad, but can't upload with it, so from there to google docs and then to my computer for editing--anyway, it's nice to have them here and thought y'all would like some flowers in the winter too.

The camellia bushes came with the house, but coincidentally my mother had the same kind and used to bring blooms in and put them in water. They keep pretty well for at least a week.

File_005 (639x528) (2).jpg

File_006 (480x640).jpg

File_003 (480x640).jpg

File_000d.jpeg

jmh, those are lovely! Glad you were able to rescue them.  Good luck too with the weather.  Do you have a flashlight and batteries? Everything charged up? Lots of blankets? Ice storms are notorious for taking out the power, so make sure you're ready!  Canned food too, along with a manual can opener!  

Here's the confirmation abput Clay on The View this Thursday.

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Scoop-THE-VIEW-19-113-on-ABC-20170106&ct=ga&cd=CAEYASoUMTYwNjQ2Mjk1MDg3ODk3OTg0NzIyGjFhMzYwYTIxYmViOTIzZTY6Y29tOmVuOlVT&usg=AFQjCNFhe300giDlvKznGKN6I9RXssfPpg

Oh, and it's actually easy to upload pictures to the board from an iPad.  Just go to "Click to choose Files" at the bottom of the reply box.  Once you click on it, it asks if you want to get something from you photo library.  Done!

Hey, ldyj, I think that works only if you are posting from the iPad, which I don't do, but it didn't occur to me to just post from the iPad as a simpler workaround. Although, I also wanted to trim the photos and make them smaller, and that's something I've never tried to do on the iPad. 

Oh yes, I'm always ready for ice storms and power outages--we get them too often.This was a storm that could've done anything from snow a foot, to ice down the area and wreak havoc, or just rain, and I was very nervous about it last night, but fortunately, I didn't lose power at all. It was definitely just plain luck. Just a few inches of snow. Of course I'm not going anywhere--driving on a ice skating rink is not a good idea.

ldyj, I hope your surgery is very successful and you recuperate quickly. My hip replacement was over 2 years ago and now I feel just fine. 

I am excited to have Roy Cooper as our governor. Here's to hoping for an improved government in NC.

• Like 1