#69: @clayaiken is my new favorite politician. He is so dreamy!

ldyjocelyn

Not sure that they are.  I've put in a help ticket to see what's up -- and another possible upgrade for us.  Cross your fingers.

yeahyouregifted at CV transcribed much of the conference call from the National Inclusion Project last night.  Here is what she got:

Nick, saying hi.

Update and try director's chat, thought useful.  Excited for this.

Tonya - 100 people so far listening.

Keep track of how many times he says "um".  LOL!  Directorschat@inclusionproject.org

Opportunity dreamed up to update folks, more than once a year.  Keep supporters in the loop.

Knows most are here for one thing, will save it to the end.  Will learn a lot about help they need next couple months.

Quick overview of inclusion.  "The belief that all children regardless of ability can participate, make friends and have opportunity to succeed."

Conference - chance to see mission of inclusion in action.  March 29-31, Marbles Kids Museum, Raleigh.  Workshops, speakers, who teach attendees a lot, command the room.  
This year learning from attendees themselves.  Getting a lot of feedback help them improve services across the country.  You can help by coming to it.  
Ask former attendees about how wonderful it is.  They have a new app, Power of Play conference app.  For those attending and those who cannot make it.  
Will house a lot of info specific to the conference and other info everyone can enjoy.  Search Power of Play for the app.  Still have a few opportunities for folks or 
organizations who want to sponsor the conference.

Dancing Like the Stars going on now.  Organized by Faye Parker in partnership with Arthur Murray Studios.  Please vote for the dancers.

Save the Day 5K, 8/26 in Harrisburg.  No Raleigh race this year, just that one.  

For future chats, please send questions in advance.  He got a few, but let him know what you are thinking, what questions you have.  Will address questions at the end.

Try to keep everybody happy.  Bringing in special guest, he may never stop.  Clay!!!!  YAY!

Clay - I have to say, I gotta give you some major props for the amount of buildup for this special guest.  Wonder if anyone knew it wasn't me.  
You have learned from the original drama queen, me, to make something dramatic.

Think this is great, thanks Nick, Tonya, Aaron etc.  Great opp to keep up to speed with "National Inclusion Project".  great work and I'm glad everybody gets to check in and know what's going on
 instead of once a year at the gala.

Speaking of gala, I thought last year was really great, except Tonya, stressed her out.  Plan on doing same thing as last year!  I"m going to say as much as I want to becasue I was too busy counting "um" to listen to Nick. Noticing I say it a lot too. Loved the gala last year, honorees were some of best. Loved it was very musical. Not determined honorees this year, 
but want to try to keep making it more of a musical event than in past. lot of energy on conference. several people come every year, thrilled they come not just to work, 
but go to break out sessions, new trends in inclusion, new things teaching every year.I'm gonna go, it's something we are more proud of every year. Stop by if you can.  
we're moving a lot of our interests to the conference, and as we start pushing to build our mission and the awareness of what we do
we are going to be pushing more music into the gala. more people in the mission, but more on conference. Make gala more of a thank you to you guys for 14 years of support.  
It will continue to be that, and you know,
I don't sing as much any more, so might as well bust it out once a year with the full band. Many years may become the only time I get to do that.  
will be in Charlotte, same format for the weekend. will tweek it . Oct 27-28, same locations
We are pumped about it because it went well last year and we want to do that again. Hotel link on website, email by tomorrow sometime.  
Put on calendar, spread the word over reg channels.

Had a list of things to share and not to share on the call..... Not to share said nothing you know you can't share, but sure you'll surprise me, Tonya knows me well.  
Couldn't think of anything to say.

Hope you enjoyed the first director's call, will probably join in every time to keep everybody apprised. Thanks everyone. Will talk to you soon, and see you end of Oct.

Nick - quick mention gala committee is hard at work, crankin' away. Any folks interested in volunteering, please reach out to Tonya, we need support in many area .  
Somebody already emailed him he said 73 uhs, not counting those, just UMS!

Clay says could barely hear Nic. Asked to reach out to help and volunteer.

Do NOT let the take away from what I said be that I'm not singing any more! As soon as it came out of my mouth I thought Lord, oh hell, that's what they're going to think.  
If that is all you take that away from this call, shame shame on you. Before you pop on message boards saying he's not gonna sing any more! Gala is just a great time to sing with a band.

Nick, great idea, way to get ahead of that one. smart man. Gonna watch this is us season finale. have a great night.

Actually liked the hair a lot, and he was feisty! Loved his facial expressions. I will admit to feeling old tho, cuz the discussion did not help me understand the healthcare mess. If anything, just feel more confused. Not their intention, guess I just need words of one syllable, lol. 

Didn't get a chance to watch this morning -- I was busy doing some cross-training at work.  He looked GOOD to me though, from the pictures I've seen.

A little birdie told me there's some special clack over at CV.

The big news for me -- our Instagram posts are back!  I had to work with Invision Power Board for support; thankfully, they are really good, and very nice.  I'm just happy about not losing our posts!

From today's show, with Kellie Pickler.  I only got to hear most of the first hour, and little bit of the interview with Kellie.  They were talking about DNA testing, and then to Broadway shows that Clay and Kellie could do together!

post-2380-0-64403800-1490106014.jpg