#69: @clayaiken is my new favorite politician. He is so dreamy!

ldyjocelyn

2 minutes ago, Twilight926 said:

Hi 

Idyjocrlyn thanks for inviting those from CAT over here.  I also go to CV, CB. It's sad to see CAT closing it was my home board after the OFC shutdown   personally I like the smaller boards I feel more comfortable posting on them. 

I enjoyed Bold this morning! That Clay looked gorgeous like that it was funny all the facial expressions he was making while Carrie was talking. 

Glad to see you here.  We are also a small board but great folks!

1 hour ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Too cute!  Hopefully will get to watch it this evening.

We may be getting a few new people around here -- another Clay board I follow is closing up shop soon.  If you're from that other board -- WELCOME!

Hi, I am from that board, been a Clay fan since 2003, hate to see all the boards closing one by one.

• Like 1

A couple of things for the new people:

1. First and foremost -- this is NOT a private board.  Let me repeat that:  this is NOT a private board.  So, there are a few, ahem, things that go on, on a regular basis, that aren't discussed here.  HOWEVER, we do have a "Members Only" section (link here, located in the "Welcome" section at the top of the main page) that is where certain other things can be discussed.  If you're not sure, contact me and we'll figure it all out.
  2. While merrieeee or I usually end up bringing over the Tweets, Facebook posts, and Instagram pictures from Clay to this thread, I also keep an archive of the tweets and emails in the "Fast Forward Clay News" section.  AND -- I also even archive those threads, just in case Clay decides to delete things.  Yes, I like to archive things.  That section also keeps much of the news articles on Clay.
  3. One thing your previous board had that we do not -- a way to send out clack.  So, if you need clack, contact me and I'll probably share something via Google Drive.
  4. The important thing:  don't freak out if you're wondering why you're a "car washer!"  When this board was established, the admins set up a funny little ranking system, depending on how many posts you have.  Keep posting...and eventually you'll be like me *coughpostwhorecough*, and get to "campaign manager!"  Here's a listing of the rankings.  

BTW, if anyone needs help with how to add tweets, FB posts, Instagram posts, or pictures, just ask!

2017-04-28_1843.png

I'm another who has responded to ldyjocelyn's post at CAT.  I looked up my list of Clay boards (there used to be so many, that I kept a list with passwords so I wouldn't get confused) and sure enough, I'd joined here ages ago.  Glad to see so many others from CAT over here.  And thanks for the welcome from the regulars!

• Like 2

Hi guys. Read here everyday but do not post much. Was sad to see CAT close. I also read there but life has been busy and have not posted a lot. I enjoyed our weekly chats and we had a lot of us on it. This was my first board I joined and so happy it has survived all these years. I refused to give up on Clay. He has given me so much joy and I have met so many awesome people. I am so hoping that someday he will sing to us again.

• Like 2

Glad so many of you are either coming back or registering!

I thought of this earlier -- I think one of the reasons why message boards are dying is that there's so many other choices for sharing information.  I was talking to my hairstylist a few months ago about message boards, and she had no clue what a message board was!  Facebook is her medium.  Facebook is a major way for fans to share information anymore, I think.

My first (and for quite awhile), only board was OFC. Facebook, however, is great. There is a relatively new (less than a year) private group on Facebook. It is nonpolitical, relatively nonpersonal, definetely Clay oriented, for pictures, tweets, clack memories, sharing Clay stories (even diverse opinions on his hair!) Sharon has said if any fan is interested, she will add you. 

21 minutes ago, ldyjocelyn said:

I thought of this earlier -- I think one of the reasons why message boards are dying is that there's so many other choices for sharing information.  I was talking to my hairstylist a few months ago about message boards, and she had no clue what a message board was!  Facebook is her medium.  Facebook is a major way for fans to share information anymore, I think.

I had no idea what I message board was until Clay I never really had internet until 2005 I think it was, I remember I was at the book signing for LTS here In Raleigh some how the group that I was with were the front of the line and a lady came up to us with her cell phone and asked us where we were from she said "the Clayboard wants to know" so when I got Internet in 05 that was the first place I searched, joined. 

Years ago I went  on a message board for Kelly Clarkson a couple times. Clay the only that I've ever used a message board for. For other artists I like when I want to see what there up to my first though now is to check there social media. 

• Like 2

My first experience with a message board was for the TV show "Ed."  Remember it?  Clay appeared in its last season!  But I was a huge fan of the show befor Clay, and that was how I cut my teeth on message boards.  Today, I agree with Twilight, social media is where I get my news.

One more thing...you may notice we don't use a whole lot of emoticons around here.  Many of us here, in previous boards, never used them because we were supposed to be working!  Signatures are great, but I don't think the settings allow for added effects and emoticons.  We do allow pictures though!  

:hello:

We do have a few emoties, for special occasions.

In case you start to think you've lost your mind, yes, the colors keep changing. I'm done now til next time. New banner courtesy of ldyj!!!

ETA: OK, I lied but I'm really finished changing colors now. 

1 hour ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Good point. And clack is available everywhere now--YouTube didn't even exist until February 14, 2005 (I just looked that up.)

Love that picture of Clay with that family ^^^

Also, your banner rocks!!

So glad to be welcomed here. I very much dislike the fact that Clay's fan boards are fast becoming fewer and fewer. I'm very happy that this one is still here. I'm pretty sure I joined here a long time ago, but now I'm a new member again. 

I'll try to post when/if I ever have anything interesting to say. 

*Waves to everyone*

• Like 2

I'm reading that this is in NYC -- Tom's Restaurant is the famous diner featured in Seinfeld.  It must be nice in NYC at the moment, as I too noticed the shorts.  How funny...and cute too!

Meanwhile, where I'm at -- raining cats and dogs, with no let up in sight.  It's also 43 degrees, which is not right for the middle of Illinois at almost the first day of May!