#69: @clayaiken is my new favorite politician. He is so dreamy!

ldyjocelyn

I'm here in NC left the house for a couple hours this late afternoon with my mom we went a couple places with my sister and niece, came home it was really hot inside hopefully it's just some fluke thing but are AC isn't working. 

I fell so bad about 2 months ago I got a Chihuahua he's about 8months old I got him fixed on Wednesday so he's been in his kneel a lot and it's been a challenge keeping him calm while he heals. I think he got over heated being in a hot house while we were gone  in his kneel with his thick bed. He wouldn't eat when I tried to feed him he got sick. after a while he ate a little bit and drank some water. 

On April 28, 2017 at 3:45 PM, ldyjocelyn said:

Too cute!  Hopefully will get to watch it this evening.

We may be getting a few new people around here -- another Clay board I follow is closing up shop soon.  If you're from that other board -- WELCOME!

Yep!! Here I am back again after a few years away!! Always loved this board and happy to be back. Couldn't get in last time--no longer had the right link. So, thanks for posting it, ldyjocelyn.

You mentioned The Handmaiden's Tale. Have never read it and think I will try it.

Another book I want to read that was mentioned again on BOLD today is Hillbilly Elegy. Wonder if anyone here has read it?

Will miss our other board and hope to see some familiar faces here. 

I am one who is enjoying Clay on BOLD and even though I miss his singing, I hope he succeeds with this new career path.

He's just so darned good at it. I find I love hearing him on BOLD and other shows. 

• Like 4

Welcome to everyone new here!  

Twilight, sorry to hear your puppy is sick -- hope he heals soon!  BTW, I LOVE your avatar picture!  

Shamrock, can't wait to find out what avatar picture you pick.

RIFan, my library has a copy of Hillbilly Elegy, but I've not had a chance to read it.  I've done some research on the book though, and there's a brewing backlash regarding it.  It may skew too far in one direction.  Handmaid's Tale is an engrossing read, but it's dark and disturbing too.  If you can deal with stories that are 'what if?," you'll like it.

I haven't had a chance to fully watch yesterday's BOLD, but I totally enjoy his work on the show in general.  He gets to show his smarts, and he's really, REALLY good at asking follow up questions to the guests.  I also love him on Taylor's show -- different format, to be sure, but in that case, we've learned so much about him through that venue.

I ::::heart::::: him.

• Like 1

Twilight - sounds like your puppy may have gotten a little dehydrated - glad he got some water and food down.

I see so many familiar names here, so it doesn't feel like a strange place at all.  Thanks again for the welcome!

• Like 2

Good morning everyone.  Had grandkids all day yesterday so today heading out to do grocery shopping and then maybe will have a chance to watch BOLD.  I have not had a chance yet to listen to WOWT. Need to download it and listen.  Not enough time in a day.

I also have to watch a DVD I got from the Library called Victoria.  It is the first season.  I finished up last week watching all the episodes of The Knick.  Found it very good but because when they finished the second season they were not sure if the were going to renew it did not completely settle all the story lines.  They decided not to renew.  So some left up in the air.  I do not have cable so miss a lot of programs so I get them from the library. Victoria was a PBS series but I was not available when it was on so I decided to get the series and catch up before the next season starts. 

Like the picture of Clay yesterday.  It must have been warm in NY for him to be in shorts.  It was really cold here.  It is raining out so our bike ride this morning has been cancelled. 

3 hours ago, gbmifan said:

I also have to watch a DVD I got from the Library called Victoria.  It is the first season.  I finished up last week watching all the episodes of The Knick.  Found it very good but because when they finished the second season they were not sure if the were going to renew it did not completely settle all the story lines.  They decided not to renew.  So some left up in the air.  I do not have cable so miss a lot of programs so I get them from the library. Victoria was a PBS series but I was not available when it was on so I decided to get the series and catch up before the next season starts. 

If you like a lot of British shows there is a new streaming service called Britbox.   BBC and ITV have combined to do this and it is great.   There are a lot of period dramas and some really good crime shows.  You can get a 7 day free trial.   I love it.     There is also Acorn which a streaming service from PBS.   There is an Australian show called A Place to Call Home on there and it us outstanding. 

merrieee shhhhh -- she's trying to use the library!  I want her to use the library's DVD's!  (Although, I'm a streamer myself...heh!)

Looks like Clay may have been out and about at a show last night -- Josh Groban's musical.

On 29/04/2017 at 9:11 PM, ninna721 said:

We were in the upper 60s/70s til mid week. Now cold and rainy. Put my winter coat away. Daffodils and tulips have already bloomed, lilacs opening. Weird weather! 

:hello: Yup. My class was outside in short sleeves painting pictures of spring flowers last Thursday and today it was cold and wet. 

In hopes that it will warm back up again...

Spring Imikimis:

th_2017%20Spring%20Imikimi%2010.jpg
th_2017%20Spring%20Imikimi%2013.jpg
th_2017%20Spring%20Imikimi%2014.jpg
th_2017%20Spring%20Imikimi%2011.jpg
th_2017%20Spring%20Imikimi%209.jpg
th_2017%20Spring%20Imikimi%207.jpg
th_2017%20Spring%20Imikimi%201.jpg
th_2017%20Spring%20Imikimi%203.jpg
th_2017%20Spring%20Imikimi%202.jpg
th_2017%20Spring%20Imikimi%204.jpg
th_Spring%20Pink%20flowers.jpg
th_Spring%20Curtis%20Brown.jpg
th_Spring%20Campaign.jpg

I hear ya about the weather. Here in New England they say if you don't like the weather to just wait for tomorrow--it will change!

We had 80s and humidity a few days ago and last night it was in the 40s.  

Gbmifan mentioned watching Victoria. I never finished watching the last episode!!  It's stil on the DVR. I am probably one of the few people who didn't think it was all that great. I did get the book "Victoria the Queen" by Julia Baird after watching most of the PBS series and loved it. I think my problem with the tv series was that I really liked the person playing Lord M, but did not care for Albert at all!  I didn't realize that there would be another season and will definitely give it a try. Wondering also if I might enjoy the series more now having just read the book.  Could be, too, that it just wasn't as good to me as "The Crown". 

Canfly--you sure do know how to make the board pretty!!  You brightened up a gloomy morning.  Just realized it is May 1--where the heck did April go!!!!!????

It not a rumor, it's true.  I'm not against Ryan in many ways -- but he really does like to have his fingers in almost everything!

Having said that, I LOVE Clay's reaction!  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

He looks really dreamy in that picture.  Wish I looked that good when I am sick!!

I'm trying to figure out if it is a selfie.  Must be--doubt he'd want to expose anyone.

He's beautiful hair color even goes well with the dog!!  

• Like 1

Hi guys. Welcome back old timers and welcome new ones. Love the new banner. 

We are supporting a puppy who came with the granddaughter, part chihuahua and part terrier. At least we can carry her.

My husband's ankle is healing well but now he has a few spine fractures and problems with nerves in his back. The doctors haven't okayed him to walk but even if they did he couldn't because of the pain in his back. I'm about ready to run away from home. :crying1: Good news is we are all healthy otherwise.

I think what I like about that picture is his sort-of smile.  Yes, he's sick, but it's so cute with him trying to put on a brave face.

RIFan, I noticed the "color coordination" between him and Harlem as well!  HA!

FearofH2O, so sorry about your DH's health issues. 

Love that picture of Clay with the dog, but not loving that he's sick. I hope it's not the crap I had which really laid me low for about a week. 

canfly, very purdy pictures of our BF. :da_best:

gbmifan - I loved Victoria and thought it was well done.  RIFAN - I am not as fussy about the Albert character either, but the whole thing is intriguing.

FearofH20 - I'm so sorry about your DH's injuries and hope he gets some relief from the pain.

ninna721 - nice pic of Clay and Harlem, even though he's sick. 

I don't care for Seacrest and I really don't care for Ripa, so yuck and yuck to them both!

I don't get the Ripa love by so many, but I don't mind Seacrest at all.  Sure, he's everywhere, but I don't find him annoying, as I do Ripa.  Now, will I watch the show?  Nope -- because I work.  *g*

I liked Seacrest when he was on AI during Clay's season and I loved seeing Clay on his show when he was there with Kelly.

But, I seem to remember him being on someone's show with Simon and maybe Randy and totally making fun of Clay.

Am I remembering correctly?  Does anyone remember this?? 

If I am wrong, I owe him an apology. But, I guess he has done just fine  without me!