July through September 2016

ew.com

Celebrity Apprentice alums Clay Aiken, Khloe Kardashian, more slam Donald Trump

Celebrity Apprentice alums Clay Aiken, Khloe Kardashian, more slam Donald Trump

The former contestants talk about their time with Republican presidential nominee on 'Chelsea'

BY EVAN SLEAD

Posted July 26 2016 — 7:26 PM EDT

This week’s episode of Chelsea brings together former Celebrity Apprentice stars Lisa Lampanelli, Clay Aiken, NeNe Leakes, and Khloe Kardashian to form their own Trump Boardroom tell-all, discussing his current policies as the Republican presidential nominee, what it’s like working for The Donald, and his chances against Hillary Clinton.

The video, which you can see above, reveals that, while each of the guests on the Netflix talk show have soft spots for the
Trump, none hold back when it comes to discussing his politics. Chelsea Handler, host and creator of the series, asked the Real Housewives of Atlanta star if Trump had tried to use her as his “ambassador to black people” as he did with formerApprentice contestant Omarosa. “They sent me an email and asked me to speak at one of his rallies,” jokes Leakes. “I didn’t.” Kardashian jumped in and added she wasn’t a fan of being a contestant on the show and only did it as per the request of her mother, Kris Jenner. “My mom wanted me to do it and I hated every minute of it.” states the reality star. “Stressing myself out and then dealing with him and about to be fired, I was like, ‘F—k you, I don’t need this.’”

Amidst the coy and backward compliments toward Trump, Handler noted people still find positive accolades about the reality mogul. “People have nice things to say about him, though. Does anyone have anything nice to say?” poses Handler. “When I went on the show I thought he was very nice and true to what he was,” adds Leakes. “I thought his kids were so nice and so humble.” Trump’s children Ivanka, Eric, and Donald Jr. have all been featured on the competition reality series, who the former contestants have nothing but positive feeling toward.

“They all went to Ivy League schools,” adds Lampanelli about the kids. “Someone raised those kids right, and whoever the mother is did a great job.” It wasn’t all jokes, though. Aiken, the former American Idoland Celebrity Apprentice runner-up, explained his explicit feelings on Trump’s politics. “I feel like in person he can be very gracious,” commented Aiken on the politician’s personality. “This campaign for him isn’t really about being president; it’s really about recognition and being able to say he won.”

He further revealed he believes Trump is using his success as a reality star to separate himself from politicians and use the American public. “He realized he can tap into that anti-establishment fervor that’s in the country and can get people to love him,” begins Aiken. “Those folks who don’t like politicians are more motivated to vote. As much as it pains me to say it, I think that Hillary Clinton doesn’t inspire people enough to get folks off their a—s to get out there and vote.” Despite his strong positive feelings toward Clinton’s campaign, even going so far as to say he will definitely vote for her, he feels she needs different tactics to gain the office.

On a lighter note, Handler asked Kardashian if she would support mother Jenner running for president one day. “I love my mom,” replies Kardashian, “I just don’t know if we’re ready for the White House.”

The latest episode of Chelsea is available on Netflix Wednesday, July 27 at 12:01 a.m. PT.

billboard.com

Watch Clay Aiken Reluctantly Predict a Donald Trump Win: 'A Clown President for Four Years'

Watch Clay Aiken Reluctantly Predict a Donald Trump Win: 'A Clown President for Four Years'

7/27/2016 by Chris Payne

clay-aiken-chelsea-handler-2016-billboar

Chelsea Handler organized a celebrity roundtable of former Celebrity Apprenticecontestants to discuss the Republican Presidential nominee Donald Trump on her Netflix talk show. The Chelsea discussion came with a potentially alarming hot take from singer/2014 Democratic congressional nominee Clay Aiken. 

“This campaign for him I don’t think is about being president,” he explained. “I think it’s about having 100% name recognition, about being able to say he won, which I think he probably will do.” He pointed out how frightened he is by all this and how much he wants people to vote for Hillary Clinton... but stuck to his prediction. 

This raised some eyebrows from his fellow panelists -- NeNe Leakes, Khloé Kardashian and Lisa Lampanelli -- so Aiken offered some very reasonable analysis.

"One of the things I found interesting as I was running [was that] Republicans would come to me and say, “I’m going to vote for you just because I’m sick and tired of politicians.” And that I think is the question this year… I think that those folks who don’t like politicians are more motivated to vote. As much as it pains me to say it, I think that Hillary Clinton doesn’t inspire people enough to get folks off their asses on November 8 to go and vote.

He ended by linking the election to the United Kingdom’s recent, dubious decision to withdraw from the European Union. 

“We say Hillary has no chance of losing, Trump’s never going to be President and people continue to say that and they will stay home and it’ll end up being like Brexit in England where we end Up having a clown President for four years.” 

The American Idol alumni was calling on his experience from being the (losing) nominee in North Carolina’s 2nd congressional district election in 2014. Watch his whole discourse, along with NeNe, Khloé and Lisa’s first hand accounts of working with Trump in the video below:

nydailynews.com

Uber driver threatens Clay Aiken with bat, 'American Idol' star alleges in tweet

Uber driver threatens Clay Aiken with bat, 'American Idol' star alleges in tweet

90815517.jpg

“Uber won’t take him off of the road! beware NYC,” Clay Aiken wrote on Twitter, posting a photo of the offending cabbie’s license plate.

(NICHOLAS HUNT/GETTY IMAGES)

BYDAN RIVOLI

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Friday, July 29, 2016, 1:26 PM

Former "American Idol" star Clay Aiken was too idle for a New York Uber driver who allegedly threatened him with a baseball bat.

The North Carolina crooner tweeted Thursday night that his Uber driver “threatened me” with a bat because “I took too long to get out!!”

“Uber won’t take him off of the road! beware NYC,” Aiken wrote on Twitter, posting a photo of the offending cabbie’s license plate.

Sherzod Abdullaev, the cabbie who drives and owns the car linked to the license plate, told the Daily News he doesn’t know who Clay Aiken is. But he said he had to wield the baseball bat he keeps in the car for safety when he felt threatened by a passenger he picked up from Newark Airport earlier this week.

Abdullaev, 34, said this incident started when a rider — who he described as a young, white man with brown hair — was dumping his belongings into the Uber car in a hunt for a lost wallet after reaching his destination on W. 110th St. on the Upper West Side.

“I tell him, ‘Sir, don’t put here, put everything outside,” Abdullaev said. “He said, ‘F--k you,’ at me. I said, ‘Excuse me?’”

The driver then said the passenger slammed his passenger-side door “heavy — boom!”

Clay Aiken tweeted this picture with a caption saying, "Beware NYC."

aiken30n-2-web.jpg

“I go outside for my safety. I take this baseball (bat), for my safety,” Abdullaev said. “Coming around the passenger side, I said, ‘Don’t touch my door.’”

Singer Lorde tweets about her awkward Uber ride

Taxi and Limousine Commission spokesman Allan Fromberg said that no complaint was filed, but that the agency sent a direct message to Aiken on Twitter asking for more information.

“We strongly encourage him to reach out to us and we stand ready to assist him through the consumer process,” Fromberg said, adding that Aiken should go to the police if he felt physically threatened.

The driver has been suspended from Uber as the company investigates the complaint, according to Uber spokeswoman Susan Hendrick. The app has also reached out to Aiken, Hendrick said.

Aiken’s publicist did not return a request for comment.

Abdullaev said he started driving with a bat after a passenger slugged him during a trip in Brooklyn.