# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

I'm not sure if I'm going to get to watch much TV this weekend -- too much to do!  I've got a graduation to attend tomorrow, and then church plus a movie (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2) on Sunday.  But I hope to get to watch Bold Blend soon...

I thought BOLD was very interesting today. I loved the two interpretations of how some people of color can get out of the poverty cycle. Unfortunately there was not enough time to explain how they would work. Clay asked an amazing and fascinating question at the very end. I won't spoil it for those of you who listened or watched. Anyway another great show from Carrie and Clay!

I tried to watch Bold, but got a stop code so I'll wait for the vault download.  The joys of using an old computer.

ldyjocelyn - I do agree with you about the judges being more supportive on The Voice, and I know that Blake has given contestants from his team opportunities to appear with him on tour.  But after all these seasons, the banter between him and Adam is getting a bit old.

1 hour ago, Leroy said:

Happy Mothers Day to all of our mothers! 

Stealing this!  Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

And don't forget the pet mothers too!  The kitties "got" me tickets to see "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" today, along with popcorn and sodas, plus pizza afterwards.  I love my kitties!

• Like 2

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers here, whether of people or fur babies.  My son called and we had a nice chat - he's feeling under the weather, so I'm glad he didn't try to come over and give us some bug or another. 

My daughter came over with my favourite Mexican food and a Bluetooth speaker for my amazon echo.  She showed me how to call her through the echo. So now I can contact her from the echo, cell phone, home phone, FaceTime, skype, twitter, messenger and an Apple Watch and what's the bet she doesn't answer? Hee hee.  

• Like 2

Humid and hot here for the next two days, then storms all day Wednesday, and on Friday, my only days off this week. So much for my flower beds! 

Just back from dentist, replaced a filling that was falling apart. Good thing my dentist is cute and funny! 

Clay should be on WUWT tomorrow, it's been two weeks :)

Lovely day here today.  I got the last of my hanging baskets today - just have a few bedding plants to get and a bit of cleaning up to do.  We don't have much room for anything, but the flowers are so uplifting. 

Glad to see that Clay's been going out - I'd hoped he'd be invited to sing at Feinstein's one day.

23 minutes ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Someone at CV listened to the end of Wake Up with Taylor for today, and she announced that Clay would be on tomorrow!  EEEEEEEE!

And I am excited because I can finally listen live or on demand!!!

Starts at seven, right?

Just now, RIFAN said:

And I am excited because I can finally listen live or on demand!!!

Starts at seven, right?

7 am Eastern -- it's 6 am for us in the Central time.  And the poor California peeps have to get up at 4 am!

Clay has caused many of us to lose sleep. I still remember during the Christmas Tour of 2006--had to stay up until someone would post "HE NAILED IT" after he sang "All Is Well" as his  last song. As an east coaster, I was up until the wee hours when he was in California. Hard time getting up for school on many mornings!!  But, once I'd heard "HE NAILED IT", I slept like a baby and knew there would be great clack the next day, 

Listening.  Talked about Dear Evan Hansen.  Taylor finally saw it.  

There was a discussion of salaries, because they talked about Ryan Seacrest renting a penthouse in NYC.  Clay says those estimates on his net worth online are wrong. He wouldn't say which way.  *g*

Now talking about robots taking over jobs, and how America is the creative center of the world.