# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

Had a volunteer breakfast this morning with my sweet 6 year old student. Bought her some beginning reader books and one by Eric Carle, her favorite author. This was our last day together. :crying1:This afternoon getting a committee together to plan for our progressive dinner next month. My poor husband has to wait for lunch. 

Can't listen to Clay until the download as i don't have sirius but he sure looks good for so early in the morning. 

I thought I looked good this morning but when i got home I found a spot of Pasta sauce from Mothers' day on my shirt. At least kids don't mind that.

Clay said something about "dressing up" for Taylor's show, and it does look as if he's got his sweater/shirt combo that he likes to wear on (rather than a hoodie).  Makes me wonder if there's something else up for today....

Tillis is OK. Appears that reports were exaggerated. I can see both sides: feeling bad that he collapsed so feeling bad for him and his family and on the other hand commenting negatively because he voted to deny health care to so many other families. Hopefully an occurrence like this can make him think about his vote and how it would hurt so many people if it is voted in. Surely even he must have a heart. 

Email about this year's National Inclusion Project Gala (including registration dates):

a9e4a095-cd60-48ca-8eba-809e68782fd1.gif

Platinum Level registration begins on June 14th @ 12noon ET.
Gold Level registration begins on Jun 15th @ 12noon ET.
Silver Level registration begins on June 20th @ 12noon ET.

This year's Champions Gala Weekend is A Celebration of Friendship! Attendees will have ample opportunity to catch up with friends, celebrate with friends and meet NEW friends throughout the weekend. From the Official Pre-Party on Friday night and the Founders' Brunch, Let's ALL Play Bingo & Basket Benefit on Saturday, to the Champions Gala and Afterparty on Saturday night, we have a packed weekend of events for everyone!

Based on feedback from last year, we've kept the same great format, enhanced some of the events and added a few exciting things to make the weekend even more wonderful! You'll learn about the State of the Project from our Executive Director, be inspired by wonderful Champions of Inclusion and, of course,
 see a lot of great performances from our co-founder Clay Aiken! As always, all proceeds will be used to ensure children with and without disabilities can laugh, learn and play TOGETHER!

With 5 events and 4 locations, you are not going to want to miss this year's Gala weekend! Plan to join us Oct 27-28 in Charlotte, NC.

Visit our 
website for more information.

https://www.inclusionproject.org/news/championsgala/

Sounds like it's going to be anther fantastic Gala! I like that there going to change it up and are doing Bingo instead of the Silent Auction.

I enjoyed  the bookstr Segment on Bold today I always seem to learn something when I watch Bold. 

• Like 1

I will wait to give my opinion of BOLD since not everyone  has watched.

Actually, I need to rewatch later anyway--got interrupted three times by phone calls and missed too much--kind of frustrating. Don't people know not to call between the hours of ten and eleven on Friday mornings!!

One thing that doesn't need to be spoilers. He looked great--kind of spikes and bed head  (which I loved) and good looking glasses.

One of the guests did say something about him looking scruffy. I thought the man was rude to say it. Here's the thing--I cannot remember at all what that man looked like.  But, as I posted on CV--Clay's look today is etched into my brain and it was a VERY GOOD look!!

I agree, twilight.

The Bookster segment is usually my favorite part.

I will most likely read that book.  Just got Hillbilly Elegy yesterday from the library and will get the Jackie Robinson one when it becomes available.  I am always looking for book recommendations and prefer nonfiction, so this segment is right up my alley!!

I thought Clay looked great today. If that's scruffy, every day works for me. Plus, he hasn't worn glasses lately. 

Thought the book sounded worth reading. Won't say anything about the rest of the hour, cuz I kept losing the broadcast on both venues. Really disjointed. I did, however, see waaay too many just plain rude comments. 

Screenshot

Screenshot_20170519-092853.png

Screenshot_20170519-091902.png

RIFAN, if you want to go ahead and give your thoughts on Bold, go ahead and do so!  I'll read them, but I probably won't get to watch until at least tomorrow.  I'll take your opinions, but I'll add my own as well!

27 minutes ago, ldyjocelyn said:

RIFAN, if you want to go ahead and give your thoughts on Bold, go ahead and do so!  I'll read them, but I probably won't get to watch until at least tomorrow.  I'll take your opinions, but I'll add my own as well!

Thanks!! Rewatched a bit, but still not finished.

As I rewatched, I realized how much I had missed and how disjointed it was because of the phone calls, but I have some thoughts. 

I didn't  agree with Clay that they needed to make the show more about Trump sharing classified info. That's all I have heard on my tv and I was ready for something new!! The first person on the show said the two big issues are sources and methods and if those had been compromised--I had just read that yesterday. I want them to find out and then let us know--til then I don't want to hear more because it is a gerbil wheel for me!!!

One of the things I enjoy about BOLD--they don't just rehash what we have been hearing all week. I loved the part where they both watched the same clips and reacted to them differently--that kind of thing really makes me think about whether or not I am biased when I watch something!  (He said Carrie had poop colored glasses and he had rose colored ones!). But, I think whether our glasses are poop colored or rose colored really depends upon the way we lean!!  Of course my glasses are clear because I am an Independent.  LOL  

The Bookster segment was the best!  I need to rewatch to get the name of the book. After listening to the discussion about how important the Chief of Staff is, I can only hope that Trump finds someone who can fill that role better!  It is badly needed!

I haven't watched Bold yet, but appreciate the comments, RIFAN.  As to Clay looking scruffy - I don't think so.  We've seen him scruffy, and this wasn't anywhere near close - I thought he looked very good.