# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

10 hours ago, ninna721 said:

Never too much posting! 

I have never seen the tour special. Is it on youtube or in the vault? 

Periscope was awesome, as always. 

Have a great vacation! 

I think it is a vault only thing as of now, There used to be public download sites (there's where i got the special from) in 2006/2007 but they all closed down, and if i can recall correctly only the Raleigh homecoming is on you tube. I'd upload the full thing on yt, but the account that I use for clay aiken stuff (mostly montages) is inaccessible due to me not migrating the account to google nearly 7 years ago, basically locking me out.

8 hours ago, jmh123 said:

I like "listening" so post all you want!!

Thanks! 

I feel creative again, after i stopped drawing and painting for years, I restarted it and it kinda feels good.

• Like 1

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Manchester England}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I just searched YouTube and didn't find much on the AI Tour special, although I have to admit I didn't do an EXTENSIVE search.  No time!

I'll have my iPad and phone with me, so I'll be able to check in.  I just won't be able to do some of the archiving I normally do during vacation!  And we leave....in an hour!

• Like 1

Love the increase in activity with the new members showing up and/or returning.  

So, my cheap thrill for the week was strolling through Kroger only to be stopped by someone's rendition of Kyrie, which immediately threw me back to his first solo tour.  The sound of the music, his voice,the  screaming and yelling in the Joe Louis Arena, when he walked out singing that song hit me like a wave!  We were in the first tier above the floor and the effect was incredible.  Something I will never forget and now it seems ANY version of Kyrie throws me back to that night.  *sigh*  Such an exciting time.

Hey gang! Nashville is a blast! Lots of great music history here.  Also, had a fried bologna sandwich and a Pabst Blue Ribbon beer in a can for lunch. The honky tonk called it the Recession special!

• Like 1

Yes, Ninna!!  Lots of broadcast issues.  I had to stop watching and wait for the replay.

For me on Periscope, it would freeze nearly every minute or so--made it impossible to follow the conversation.

I've done some of the replay and it's much better--of course the issue with the Congresswoman is still there on the replay and you cannot hear her.

Still have a lot more to watch. No real reaction yet except that he looked very handsome!!!

There was some speculation about whether he will be there for the summer because of something Carrie said.

She said that next week after he leaves, she wants to sit in that chair. I'm pretty sure she meant Chopra--not Clay!!

When she looked at Clay, she didn't say "your chair" , she said "that chair" and she said the chair had "his molecules"--not "your molecules".

So, I'm pretty sure Clay will continue to be on the show.  They have to realize that viewership would fall of drastically if Clay were not there.

Ldyjocelyn--you are missed, but sounds as if you are having a wonderful time!!

I will have to pass on the beer and fried balogna, though.  My brother would have loved it--he loves beer and he used to eat bologna sandwiches with jelly when we were growing up!!! 

I liked fried bologna when young, the jelly is a little off putting.

I will admit to thinking first time through, she was talking about Clay. Then I relistened and thought it wasn't. Now I need to relistened, as I remember her as saying "after next week" 

Hi!  So tired, with one more day left! Yesterday was a music tour of Nashville and the George Jones Museum.  Today -- a lot! The Ryman Auditorium tour, the Johnny Cash Museum, and GooGoo Clusters!  Plus, my husband got to visit two different vintage guitar stores,  He was in heaven.  Tomorrow is Opry Day, includibg a tour after the show a night.  It sounds like the weather could be stormy though.  Bummer.  But it's been a blast.

Can't wait to see Bold Blend.

• Like 2

I'm back!  Very, very tired, but it was so much fun!  Yesterday my husband and I spent our time in the Opryland area.  There's a huge shopping mall, an even LARGER resort, and then went to see the actual Grand Ole Opry show.  Since it was Memorial Day weekend, there wasn't any huge current stars, but we did see Ray Stevens, Bobby Bare and Ronnie Milsap.  During the show, it rained cats and dogs, but while we were out it wasn't bad, and we didn't have to drive in any bad stuff.  Same thing with our travels today -- thankfully no bad weather to deal with.

I'd highly recommend Nashville to any music lover -- you will learn so much, and have fun at the same time!

soulsista, I think I'd just go with the Clay stuff, but that's just me.....

Will hopefully get to watch Bold Blend tomorrow....

• Like 1

Eeeeeee! Clay's on!

Talking about theater...Clay is going to Hamilton again this weekend, as his best friend Thayne is doing the King! He also saw Groundhog Day a few week's ago. Talked about Glenn Close stopping Sunset Boulevard a few week's ago for someone taking pictures.

7 things: Tiger Woods. Katy Perry's money on AI, and Ryan maybe being mad about it.

More 7 things: Molly Ringwald saying Breakfast Club would just be 2 1/2 hours of kids on the phone now. Justin Timberlake alone in Hamptons over the weekend. Celebrities getting married over the holiday weekend.

Now talking tech you can't live without. Clay is all Google now.

clay said his fans know when he wears clothes again including his socks.   He threatens to shave his head the next time someone comments in his hair. 

He said he doesn't know what to put down as his profession. Taylor says use Americas #1 # 2.