# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

On June 12, 2017 at 10:11 PM, ldyjocelyn said:

I talked to a few other Clay fans this past weekend, including Clayskater at CV.  We were talking about the Gala, and she's in charge of the program advertising.  The theme for the Gala is "A Celebration of Friendship."  I was thinking....

...it would be cool if FCA could purchase an ad.  I can try to do a design, and I think the Project can help as well.

I'm thinking we could possibly do one of three options.  The rest are either way out of our price range, or not enough money!

• 1/2 page Black and White (size is 5.25" w x 4.125" h) -- $175
  • 1/2 page Color (same size) -- $275
  • Full page Black and White (size is 5.25" w x 8.25" h) -- $300

Thoughts?  Post ideas on the main thread here, and PM me if you are interested in contributing.  I'll keep track of donations and let you know if we can do this, and if so, at what level.  If we get enough interest, then I'll start working on designs....

I'd like to contribute to this. 

• Like 1

I just finished watching the episode, and I thought it was really good.  I remember seeing that story about Gobi last year, and followed it through.  Great human (and dog!) interest story.

Clay does a fantastic job of moderating the panels.  He's still opinionated, sure, but he knows how to temper it all.  Love it.

I have 9 people so far who have expressed interest in the ad.  Thank you all for speaking up, and I'll contact you later next week for how much, and if it will work for you.  There's still time to contact me as well.

I had to stop about a half hour ago to go to work, and now I can't listen.

What I did catch:  He was wearing the shoes he wore to a certain show in a certain state a few weeks ago.  He "owns" the fact that they didn't match the rest of the outfit, and was trying to convince Taylor that she needs to do the same thing.

They then started talking about the name for Taylor's fans.  Clay had suggested Taymates on one of his last visits, but Taylor now feels that rips off his Claymates too closely.  So, they were looking for suggestions, they were going to whittle it down to three, and then have a poll overnight.  Most of the names suggested went over my head, but then, I don't listen to her show regularly.  *g*

From From Claygary, at CV, with permission of the author.  This is regards to this year's National Inclusion Project Gala.

Congratulations to all those attending the Gala in Charlotte this year! You’re in for an exciting weekend!

This year, our hard-working Sally is unable to take on the volunteer coordinator role (she’s been bumped up to much greater responsibilities), so I have been asked to take on that role and live up to her standards! They are going to be tough shoes to fill!

So on that note….I know that there are tons of folks out there who would LOVE to be included in the festivities by helping out in some way…and we would SO love to have you do so! We will be needing volunteers that weekend in many capacities…greeters, hosts/hostesses, recorders, setup assistance…so many jobs to be accomplished, so little time!

If you are going to be in Charlotte, and are interested in helping out, please do contact me by email atfinneylm@outlook.com.

I will need to know your (real) name, if I don’t already J, your email address, date and time of arrival in Charlotte, your availability times, and what you consider to be your forte (although, please realize I can’t guarantee job assignments).

As always, your donation of your time and smiles is SO greatly appreciated by the "National Inclusion Project"!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

On 6/16/2017 at 10:27 AM, Twilight926 said:

Bold was fantastic this morning! I love and admire Clay that he wouldn't blame and call out either side today after what happened earlier this week. 

Wait what happened? I was busy the past few weeks typing up a book.

58 minutes ago, soulsista4clay said:

Wait what happened? I was busy the past few weeks typing up a book.

She's talking about the shooting of the lawmakers while they were practicing for their annual charity baseball game.  Republican Majority Whip of the House Steve Scalise was shot (he's recovering) along with three other people.  It looks like the shooter was targeting Republicans.  Very sad situation.

Clay didn't tweet about it, but he was on Wake Up with Taylor yesterday.  If you get a chance, download it from the vault and listen, especially to the last hour.  (If you're using that download, start at about the 1 hour and 51 minute mark.)  It's a discussion of friendship -- and we learn quite a bit about the JNT 2005 tour, with Nick and John Dahlstrom.  Clay also started a story about Kim Locke, but didn't have time to finish it.  He says he's going to be on Taylor's show again next week, and he's promised to finish this story.  (BTW, Clay doesn't mention ANY names...but those of us in the fandom can pretty much figure it all out...)  Pretty juicy stuff, IMO.

I'm amazed at how much Clay reveals to us on Taylor's show.  That's why I enjoy it so much -- it feels like we're just talking, even though I know full well it's not that kind of relationship at all.  This would have never happened, IMO, even 4 years ago.

• Like 2

Ok so for 49 years I have been wanting to go back to Istanbul but life and natural disasters got in the way.  Well I'm supposed to leave tomorrow night to fulfill this dream.......guess what there's a tropical storm coming in!  I'm hoping that flights are not delayed as I have to get on a ship on Monday and can't back up my plans.  

I don't wish bad weather on others but please go further east!

9 hours ago, merrieeee said:

Ok so for 49 years I have been wanting to go back to Istanbul but life and natural disasters got in the way.  Well I'm supposed to leave tomorrow night to fulfill this dream.......guess what there's a tropical storm coming in!  I'm hoping that flights are not delayed as I have to get on a ship on Monday and can't back up my plans.  

I don't wish bad weather on others but please go further east!

Some airlines will let you rebook earlier or later to miss the storm.  I did this once when Frances was bearing down on Florida.  I rebooked a day earlier for free.  It was either Southwest or JetBlue.  Check the website and see if there is a notification for free flight changes. 

I really enjoyed Wakeup with Taylor yesterday, its one of my favorite times Clays been on with Taylor. 

Merrieee safe trip! 

So I wonder when Clays new site will be up. It seems like it's taken longer then the last time it was redone I'm not expecting any big news on there or anything, I rarely go to anyone's else's website just check there social media.  I'm looking forward to seeing it wonderr if their will be any new pics we haven't seen before. 

2 hours ago, kimiye said:

Some airlines will let you rebook earlier or later to miss the storm.  I did this once when Frances was bearing down on Florida.  I rebooked a day earlier for free.  It was either Southwest or JetBlue.  Check the website and see if there is a notification for free flight changes. 

We can't leave earlier but I do have an exrtra day figured in. As long as I'm in England on Monday to get on the ship  I'll be ok  

• Like 2