# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

Last night I listened to Clay talking about Kim for the second time, I thing I noticed while listening to him reading the heartfelt letter is what s good writer he is, he's really good with words. We knew this already from reading the different blogs and things he's written I really noticed that while he was reading that email he wrote. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Twilight926 said:

Last night I listened to Clay talking about Kim for the second time, I thing I noticed while listening to him reading the heartfelt letter is what s good writer he is, he's really good with words. We knew this already from reading the different blogs and things he's written I really noticed that while he was reading that email he wrote. 

I noticed that as well.  He has a good writer's instinct, and does a great job of putting words together in JUST the right way.  It makes me wonder if he may have much more of a hand writing the next "rumored" book.  I would venture a guess that Alison Glock did most of the "heavy lifting" in LTS.  I think Clay may have more confidence in his writing now, that he may be wanting more input -- and that might be the reason it's taking forever, if it is even a thing anymore.  Anyway, I love his writing style.

I haven't listened to the WUWT show yet, but am interested in hearing the letter he sent.  Sometimes Clay gets into problems because he isn't really about confrontation - so he told Kim that the tour sounded like a good idea because he figured it wouldn't happen anyway.  Kim tried to force things to go her way by announcing the tour as if it were a done deal, and it was in a national publication IIRC, so not insignificant.  If she still won't talk to him, it's her loss - she was wrong then and is wrong now.  Last I saw her was on a youtube video doing something to do with cooking.  It wasn't very good.

I agree that Clay's a good writer.  For all that Allison had a big hand in LTS, his voice comes through loud and clear, and I don't mean just in the audio version.  I hope this next book is more from his mind because it's interesting to read how he thinks.  I also agree that his confidence is higher now since he's penned pieces for Huffington as well as his own blog when he put more time into that.

Can't wait to watch this one!

Clay did several M&G's when he did the Chandler Concert last December.  There are pictures here:  https://chandlercenter.org/christmas-with-clay-aiken-meet-greet?utm_content=buffer694c7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Finally got to watch the episode today.  Both Carrie and Clay were feisty, weren't they?  I really enjoyed the entire thing.

I also noticed that Clay had a fidget spinner!

1 hour ago, ldyjocelyn said:

I noticed it when he was talking to the author.  Supposedly the keep kid's hands busy so they can focus on the topic at hand.

I remember having a third grade student with ADHD. We didn't have fidget spinners at that time. He had a small, smooth rock that he would hold in one hand and "fidget" with it. It did help him to focus. At the end of the year he gave me the rock.

I collect heart rocks and keep them in a ceramic bowl. But, there among the heart rocks is a small, smooth rock. 

• Like 4

My niece had a fidget cube. 

I got home earlier this afternoon after having a pretty great week in Virginia Mountains thought I would share my favorite picture I took Friday evening when we went to watch the sunset at Shenandoah National park. Last night my sister niece and I did The escape room that they had at the resort along with a older couple to fill the room. It was hard we died we couldn't make it out in an hour, there were 2 secret rooms and bunch of lockboxs with different types of locks. I had fun I've never done an escape room before I can see how it's a good team building activitie.IMG_3673.thumb.JPG.017e1430272d1c8c0d105470bf415838.JPG

• Like 1

Twilight, that's a gorgeous picture!  Sounds like you had a fantastic vacation.  I've heard of those escape rooms, but have never tried one before.

I relistened to WUWT this afternoon, as I was cleaning out my bathroom closet.  I'm still in shock at how much we learn about Clay at each of these appearances.

1 hour ago, jmh123 said:

Twilight, gorgeous photo!! I've never heard of an escape room - it sounds like fun!

Forgot to mention that the theme of the room was from the 1920s we had to figure out who  the boss was from a list of suspects and defuse a boumb. 

Yeah Idyjocelyn I agree we've learned a lot about Clay from him being on with Taylor , one more thing about Kim thd other night at the resort I was watching Clack from the Timeless tour I tried to imagine Kim being a part of it. Even if the whole situation with Clay and Kim was different I don't think a Tour with Clay , Kim and Ruben would have worked besides not a wise business dicsion I don't think it would have worked nothing against Kim's Talent  I like Kim's voice I just think it would have been awkward and Kim would've seemed like a third wheel. The tour with Ruben and Clay worked they had their jokes and skits. The opening to the Timeless tour was perfect with Flying without Wings/ This Is The Night  obviously Kim wouldn't of fit into that. Of course we would rather have more stage time for Clay.