# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

idyjocelyn, cute! 

Since our kids are all at their respective lakes, we cleaned house. Yes, we are pathetic. 

But...we did pull at T-bone steak out of the freezer that my DH bought the other day. That and a baked spud and a tossed green salad shall be our supper. It's 90 degrees and super duper humid up here in Boondockville today so staying indoors is a good thing. I just hope he doesn't pass out cooking the steak on the grill. LOL 

I hope you all are having a safe and happy holiday. When I was teaching my juniors American literature, we always read the Declaration of Independence and discussed the events surrounding its creation. If you haven't ever read it, I'd recommend it. It's a masterpiece of a document and truly revolutionary in its views and beliefs. 

A very happy Independence Day to our American friends here!  ldyjocelyn - love that pic - my kind of humour as well.

Leroy - that sounds like a yummy supper.  Ours was a big smoothie with lots of fruit and veggies - I'm stuffed!

I think we celebrated pretty much the way you did, Leroy!!  Did some cleaning and spent a lot of time weeding while DH mowed the lawn and used the string trimmer.  Beautiful day with low humidity.  I should have gone for a walk!!

Big meal was an omelet with ham, peppers, onions and cheese!!  It actually was delicious. We had planned to go for ice cream sundaes, but we're just too pooped from the yard work.  But, all in all it was a good day!!  We taped the Boston and DC fireworks so we can watch tomorrow.  I did listen to Clay sing "God Bless the USA" a few times today!!  I still remember when he did it--we couldn't get the station to come in so there was a frantic call to my parents to record it!!  They loved it also.

Happy belated fourth!   We were in Helsinki and the ship had a huge cake and a party with streamers.  It was great. The food for the day was burgers, hot dogs etc with apple pie for dessert.  We had roast lamb and salmon and steaks and shrimp and chicken. The food  choice on the ship is great and very good.  

Off to Ypres next.  

• Like 1

On 04/07/2017 at 3:40 AM, FearofH2O said:

Looks like something Trump built.

I was on the tour with a Russian guide who was making fun of trump and there were a lot of trump lovers who weren't happy!  So I just kept my mouth shut and looked at the pretty scenery.  Oh and the guide wasn't too bad to look at either.  

• Like 2

I actually thought of that earlier today...I just need some time to pull the information together and figure out which ad we can get.  My plan is to see how many people have volunteered to contribute, look again at the ad prices, and then message everyone with the amount I'd be requesting.  And, if the amount is too much for some people, I can make up the difference.  

I hope this sounds fair!

I watched Bold this morning even though Clay wasn't on, I thought it was good! although with the stories and the one guest being a singer I kind of wished he was on. 

I love when Clay appears somewhere  place unexpectedly like with the Dome Podcast. I just finished listening to it enjoyed it Clay does a great job with asking questions. Even though I don't like  politics that much I'm so excited that Clay and Megan are working on something together! Sounds like it might be a podcast or something with Radio. I've missed hearing Clay and Megan together they have such great chemistry together both are outgoing. 

I hope Clays enjoying his time in NC! Carrie mentioned on  old this morning that Clay was going to have lunch this his grandmother. 

I may watch Bold this weekend, if I get a chance.  It won't be as fun without Clay, to be sure, but it still could be interesting.

I got to watch the clip and listen to the podcast.  Our man is a smart one!  I just love to hear him talk, and he provides such good insight into the political process.  Interesting to hear that he still hasn't watched the end of "The Runner Up," and his thoughts about moderates.  I like that about him.

Here's the N&O write up about the podcast.  I'll post the full text in the news section.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article160175559.html