# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

Hi there from Merrie Olde England.  I forgot what it is like with the heat and no air conditioning!  I can't wait to get home where the faucets work, the dryer unlocks when the clothes are done not 10 minutes later and there are no relatives!

As you can tell this is not the best part of our trip.  This will always be home but I'm so glad I no longer live here.   

Im dying to catch up on my Clay stuff but I haven't had decent wifi until now.  

• Like 1

Hey gang --

I'm starting to think about an ad for the National Inclusion Project Gala.  Right now I've got 8 people (including myself) who were interested in contributing.  I will be sending PMs out later tonight to start with the planning.  If you'd like to contribute, PM me very soon!  

More information from the post I wrote several weeks ago:

I talked to a few other Clay fans this past weekend, including Clayskater at CV.  We were talking about the Gala, and she's in charge of the program advertising.  The theme for the Gala is "A Celebration of Friendship."  I was thinking....

...it would be cool if FCA could purchase an ad.  I can try to do a design, and I think the Project can help as well.

I'm thinking we could possibly do one of three options.  The rest are either way out of our price range, or not enough money!

• 1/2 page Black and White (size is 5.25" w x 4.125" h) -- $175
  • 1/2 page Color (same size) -- $275
  • Full page Black and White (size is 5.25" w x 8.25" h) -- $300

Thoughts?  Post ideas on the main thread here, and PM me if you are interested in contributing.  I'll keep track of donations and let you know if we can do this, and if so, at what level.  If we get enough interest, then I'll start working on designs....

Clay replied to his post...

Some of y'all are high balling this way more than I expected. Ha ha. It might be a let down to you after some of your guesses, but I know I gasped when I saw the number!

I feel better about my guess now, after seeing the answer compared to some of the guesses! I guessed in the 64,000 range.

IMG_0665.PNG

My thought was WAY too high. He did say all her spam and emails she had sent for ten years were still there. I haven't ever used an apple product. My email server is supposed to dump spam after 30 days, but you still have to empty the garbage. And I thought he posted her email number for one day, but I probably misread that. Was fun, tho.

I survived jury duty!  A set of 30 people were called, and they had to go to lunch and come back.  A second set of 30 were called; they had to come back to the courthouse tomorrow.  The rest of us were freed!  Yay!  I've now done my civic duty for a bit...

Clay's tweets for today:

The "Occupy Democrats" website has picked up Clay's comments about Trump.  Here's the link:  http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/07/11/clay-aiken-just-exposed-pres-trumps-dirty-little-apprentice-secret/

I'll post the full text in the news section.

3 hours ago, Leroy said:

YAY!!! What a great bio they have of him on the site. And a kick ass picture, too. 

And he's right next to Trae Crowder and the WellRed Comedy Tour!  Fandoms collide!

• Like 1

I saw that kimiye!  Makes me want to pack up and go to California to attend!  (Wish they'd do one of these in, say, Chicago, but they probably wouldn't get the attendees.)

People magazine picked up the Domecast story as well!  

http://people.com/politics/clay-aiken-donald-trump-the-apprentice/

Love a guy that says what he thinks!

Well, I'm done visiting relatives and now off to London for the day.   We've been lucky so far as it has only rained once and has been in the 70s.    I come home in Friday and quite honestly it's great to visit but I'm tired of not having my "stuff" around me.   

• Like 1

Two of the articles (Daily Mail) and the one from New Zealand have a glaring error!

Both articles say that Clay had planned to vote for Trump. Cannot imagine how they are that confused--they must have him confused with his mother.  Sloppy reporting for sure!!!

3 hours ago, RIFAN said:

Two of the articles (Daily Mail) and the one from New Zealand have a glaring error!

Both articles say that Clay had planned to vote for Trump. Cannot imagine how they are that confused--they must have him confused with his mother.  Sloppy reporting for sure!!!

Two things about that:

• The Daily Mail is the equivalent of the National Enquirer in England, so that doesn't surprise me.  Not sure about the New Zealand one though.
  • Yes, it's a mistake that "we" as fans know about, and it's infuriating.  But there are times I wonder how much misinformation there is out there about, say, Josh Groban or Taylor Swift that the news reports.  Sadly, it's just a state of affairs for the media in general.  (Having said that, I'll trust the New York Times or Washington Post about just about anything, and that's all I'll say about that...)
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Two things about that:

• The Daily Mail is the equivalent of the National Enquirer in England, so that doesn't surprise me.  Not sure about the New Zealand one though.
  • Yes, it's a mistake that "we" as fans know about, and it's infuriating.  But there are times I wonder how much misinformation there is out there about, say, Josh Groban or Taylor Swift that the news reports.  Sadly, it's just a state of affairs for the media in general.  (Having said that, I'll trust the New York Times or Washington Post about just about anything, and that's all I'll say about that...)

I totally agree with you about there being so much misinformation out there!!  After following Clay and reading nearly everything ever written about him, I came to realize just how bad it is.  And it made me distrust much of what I read about other celebs!!

I wonder if Clay had any idea how big this "UndertheDome" interview would become and I wonder how he feels about it.

BOLD is going to be very interesting on Friday (assuming he is there and I sure hope he is)!!!