# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

Probably has on 4 inch heels!

SueReu at CV took LOTS of good pictures at Politicon over the weekend.  She posted them on her Facebook page, and she has given permission to post the link here.  If you can't see the images from the link, let me know.  

https://www.facebook.com/suereu/media_set?set=a.10155600144437363.1073741979.782047362&type=1&l=b8ceaabdbe

Interesting article on the how they go about casting the Sharknado movies.  Clay's mentioned once.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/how-sharknado-casts-c-listers-landed-trump-as-president-1025676

"It's the long-lost love child of The Love Boat and Hollywood Squares," offers Scotty Mullen, the bubbly casting director responsible for wrangling more than 80 celebrity appearances in Sharknado 5: Global Swarming, which airs on Syfy on Aug. 6, with a splashy live viewing party in Las Vegas that night. (In true low-budget form, Mullen does double-duty as the newest installment's screenwriter.)

It sounds like the recipe for a fatal drinking game, but fret not: You're not expected to spot them all. Some of these faces are famous only overseas, while others haven't been seen in decades. But you probably will recognize a few, including Charo as the Queen of England, Fabio as the Pope, Clay Aiken doing a spoof on Q from the James Bond films and Olivia Newton-John in her first screen role in 17 years, playing a scientist who gives star Tara Reid a Grease-style makeover.

12 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

Politicon posted this picture last night on their FB page.  I'm also checking to see if I can get other pictures posted here as well.

post-1323-0-06509000-1501684489.jpg

This is such a sweet picture of Clay. Can someone erase Scottie and replace her with Tyra or one of the many ladies we all like

From Politicon:

Should Marijuana Be Legalized?

Politicon is the unconventional political convention fueled with debates, panels, films, comedy, podcasts, and all things politics related. Some of the biggest names in politics and funniest voices in comedy joined together to represent all sides of the political spectrum in this non-partisan event of the year. For a full weekend, political enthusiasts joined thousands of people in asking these politicians and comedians the toughest questions.

Fortunately, Civilized had the opportunity to be among the thousands of people asking these questions. In addition to having an entire panel dedicated to the conversation around the legalization of marijuana, Civilized had a number of conversations with these top politicians about the legalization of marijuana and their personal stance on the issue. Some of these people included the former chairperson of the RNC Michael Steele, comedian Greg Proops, writer and TV host Touré, singer Clay Aiken, The Young Turks' Hasan Piker, Comedian in Chief Jeremy Saville, and Kat Thomas of Pin-Ups on Tour.

From Newsweek:

Trump’s foray into politics would have been impossible without The Apprentice, which introduced him to Middle America, the onetime King of Debt reborn as a capable chief executive both ruthless and uncannily perceptive. But that was also an illusion, as we were recently reminded by Clay Aiken, the singer and onetime Celebrity Apprentice contestant. On a podcast last month, Aiken revealed that Trump wielded the show’s famous slogan—“You’re fired!”—at the instruction of others. The great leader of men was, at least in Aiken’s telling, a puppet. “The show’s producers from NBC made those calls,” explained a report in The Washington Post, “giving Trump instructions through a teleprompter on his desk that looked like a phone.”

Looks like this is from next issue's cover story, TRUMP, AMERICA'S BOY KING: GOLF AND TELEVISION WON'T MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

6 minutes ago, merrieeee said:

Sharknado is so bad it's good!

From the ones I've seen in previous years...I think that's kind of the point.

I kind of hope the vault puts the whole movie up!

Oh, man! Sharknado is a hoot and a half! I know the humor is not everyone's cup of tea, but I thought it was so campy it was fun. 

Clay's part was great! I really dug his accent. The hair was...um...interesting. LOL