# 70: "If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

Aw...how sweet of Clay to post that message to his beloved son. And that pancake breakfast with the whipped cream and the sprinkles is just what a boy of 9 would want. 

Happy Birthday, Parker!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leroy said:

Aw...how sweet of Clay to post that message to his beloved son. And that pancake breakfast with the whipped cream and the sprinkles is just what a boy of 9 would want. 

Happy Birthday, Parker!!!

My first thought when I saw that picture was....man, that's a lot of sugar for a nine-year-old!  But you're probably right, that would probably be exactly what Parker would want for breakfast!

RIP Glen Campbell.  When I was four years old, I would watch his "Goodtime Hour" faithfully, and I would say he was probably my first "celebrity crush."  His last few years have been painful to watch for me.

17 hours ago, ldyjocelyn said:

My first thought when I saw that picture was....man, that's a lot of sugar for a nine-year-old!  But you're probably right, that would probably be exactly what Parker would want for breakfast!

RIP Glen Campbell.  When I was four years old, I would watch his "Goodtime Hour" faithfully, and I would say he was probably my first "celebrity crush."  His last few years have been painful to watch for me.

My first thought was also 'what a lot of sugar"!!  I'd never be able to stomach that in the morning. But, I have a grandson who is just a year younger than Parker and he'd love that!!  Nothing wrong with a little extra sugar on your birthday!! I may copy that idea for when our grandkids have birthdays!!  They all love whipped cream (and so does my DH who can be like a little boy when it comes to eating treats)!!

I still remember the excitement the morning we got the news of Parker's birthday.  I was recuperating from foot surgery and spend the entire day on the computer!!  It was so exciting. 

No Clay on Bold, as you may have figured out.  I'm guessing he's still with Parker in NC, trying to soak up as much "son" time as possible before school starts again.

My life lately has been crazy busy -- much less time at work to be checking on the boards, so forgive me if I don't get something posted right away.  The faculty at my college come back next week, so there's all kinds of activities for us to push library resources.  And then, the following week is when students come back.  That's always great, but it means that the workload starts getting very intense.

I'm off today, though -- hooray.  DH and I are going to my Dad's family reunion later this afternoon though, and will be gone all weekend.  I'll be staying with my brother, fortunately his wifi is good.  But if we're out and about -- in my home area, Verizon is NOT the preferred cellular provider, so connectivity sucks.  I'll keep up as much as possible today, but then....

Be good y'all!