ldyjocelyn

"If there was a flag and I had to design it, it would have Clay Aiken on it."

258 posts in this topic

Cool picture merrieeee!  Glad you checked in, and I hope you have a great time!

Twilight, you bring up some valid points regarding Clay.  Summer is usually pretty quiet for him, and that's OK.  A couple of things this brings up to me though...

  • "We" as a fandom were spoiled for many years.  When he was touring, we'd get immediate recaps, clack, and news almost every day.  Same when he was in Spamalot.  In the back of my head, I was saying "enjoy this now, it's not going to last forever."  And I was somewhat right.  I've been in fandoms long enough to know that the hyperintensity of a new fandom doesn't last.  I do think, though, that many didn't realize that fandoms work this way.
  • In other ways, though -- this year has been far from a drought.  We're getting Clay on Bold Blend at least once a week, and his Wake Up with Taylor gig is semi-regular.  Yes, I know...not singing.  But, to me, I love being able to see and hear Clay talk on a regular basis.  

No matter what...I love him, and I love FCA.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

From the perspective of a six year fan

I had never been a fan of anyone, although I had liked many singers/groups. So I wasn't prepared for the intensity of being a member of the Clay Fan world. When I found the Voice, I felt he was done touring. Thank goodness he did the JNT12, so I did have the excitement of one tour. And it Was fun! But since that wasn't something I had experienced, what he's doing now makes me happy. Plus, thanks to shared clack, I have an endless supply of the wonderful voice, and his off beat sense of humor. I'm glad he has his summers with Parker, I'm sure he enjoys the dad part of his real life. Do I wish he would sing in public? Sure. Wish he would go back to tweeting daily, that would be great. Wish he would find a guy. Wish he was on WUWT more often. I have lots of wishes, knowing he will live his life, and I will appreciate every glimpse I get of it. So I will hang out, waiting. (And we do have his guest spot in the shark movie to look forward to!).

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

When it's quiet I think that gives me the opportunity to reflect and enjoy all the Clack Clay has given us over the years when Clay has done something like a tour, Spamalot or even when he did apprentice  I think we're mainly focused  on that so when it is quiet I can go and watch Clack that I haven't seen in a while. 

The other night I watched Clays   AI5 finale appearance I hadn't watched that in a long time it was almost like watching the first time. 

I love that Clay has done way more then just singing recording, touring I think it's made this ride with him way more exciting, interesting! 

Share this post


Link to post

Have someone interested in joining, but I don't remember how. Help!

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ninna721 said:

From the perspective of a six year fan

I had never been a fan of anyone, although I had liked many singers/groups. So I wasn't prepared for the intensity of being a member of the Clay Fan world. When I found the Voice, I felt he was done touring. Thank goodness he did the JNT12, so I did have the excitement of one tour. And it Was fun! But since that wasn't something I had experienced, what he's doing now makes me happy. Plus, thanks to shared clack, I have an endless supply of the wonderful voice, and his off beat sense of humor. I'm glad he has his summers with Parker, I'm sure he enjoys the dad part of his real life. Do I wish he would sing in public? Sure. Wish he would go back to tweeting daily, that would be great. Wish he would find a guy. Wish he was on WUWT more often. I have lots of wishes, knowing he will live his life, and I will appreciate every glimpse I get of it. So I will hang out, waiting. (And we do have his guest spot in the shark movie to look forward to!).

This?  Perfect, IMO.  I have lots of "wishes" and "hopes" for Clay, but my main one is "I hope he's happy and living the life he wants."  

2 hours ago, Twilight926 said:

When it's quiet I think that gives me the opportunity to reflect and enjoy all the Clack Clay has given us over the years when Clay has done something like a tour, Spamalot or even when he did apprentice  I think we're mainly focused  on that so when it is quiet I can go and watch Clack that I haven't seen in a while. 

The other night I watched Clays   AI5 finale appearance I hadn't watched that in a long time it was almost like watching the first time. 

I love that Clay has done way more then just singing recording, touring I think it's made this ride with him way more exciting, interesting! 

There's a TON of clack out there, and I do the same thing.  It's easy to go down the clack rabbit hole, and if I've got the time -- that's a fun afternoon.

18 minutes ago, ninna721 said:

Have someone interested in joining, but I don't remember how. Help!

Well, I just got notification for someone who applied (and which I approved), so hopefully it's the same person.  If it's not, PM me and I'll write up some instructions.

Share this post


Link to post

There's a link on the upper right to click on to register. Then ldyjocelyn has to click something on the admin site. After that, just log in using the username and password you registered with.  If it's dabrand who registered today, it looks like she's ready to go, just needs to log in, but I'm somewhat uncertain as this is a part of the admin area I've never admin-ed before. On some sites there's an email you have to click on to prove you are you, and I'm sure we have a "prove you are human" thing as well before you can complete the sign-in. Does any of this help? Meanwhile ldyj obviously just took care of it!!  LOL.

 

And welcome new member!! We're always happy to have new folks joining and participating. Me especially, since I don't say much but always read.

 

I am also a "do what he wants" person. Clay on TV for an hour a day once a week and radio three hours a day every other week is a lot to me!! I still have an "I survived the drought of '05" tee-shirt, for Pete's sake. That was no Clay at all for months. These days he posts now and then and blogs now and then and there is new music pretty often and new photos--what's not to like?

Share this post


Link to post

Ah! Room service!  Cheese and chutney sandwich.    Heaven

its 10:30 at night here and it's still light but I'm too tired to go for s walk.  

IMG_1797.JPG

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

merrieeee - so glad you're having a wonderful time. 

I'm another who misses the singing and so I really look forward to any Diamond songs that are shared.  The politics isn't my thing, so I kind of just wait out the next bit of entertainment type thing that he does.  Regardless of my level of fandom now, I still hope for health and happiness for Clay.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now