Cleveland, OH 08/24/05

Couch Tomato

getting ready to start

-----

Bob and Linda are there....

-----

Savon is asking for a quarter.

-----

Rock and Roll, the juke box is stuck, Rock and Roll....

Screams.

Clay must be on, the cheering is loud!

-----

TTNA

getting ready to start

-----

Bob and Linda are there....

Twisting The Night Away I'm remember how he sings right into the mic, lips touching the mic, Clay looking back and forth between A Q and J.

-----

OMGs in the background as Clay is twistin the night away...At the Hop

-----

Johnny Be Good

I think it was stripedshirts who remarked in the car up to Meadville that Bo was out of the tour so Bob and Linda would probably come back to Clay

-----

Rockin' Robin. My connection is not the best either. Cheers.

The Great Pretender now.

-----

Only You

Sounds strong...lots of screams greet the songs

-----

Wild screams going on....big pause Before the You in Only You! Mr. Sandman....

-----

that'll be the day. voice sounds rich and sexy.

-----

GBOF...don't fall off the piano Clay!

-----

Lots of squeals and screaming going on...and oh Gods....Rock N Roll is here it stay....

-----

I can't hear what he is saying...but they are cracking up whatever it is he is saying...

-----

sounds like this crowd is really "on" -- very responsive

-----

still talking and laughing... darnit clay speak more clearly! okay everyone just started cheering MAJORLY... UGH WHAT IS HE SAYING?

-----

Once again, Clay has everyone cracking up! He said something about American Idol.. that I couldn't hear.. will find out later!

-----

talking about 97 shows....so i wonder if he is talking to B&L?

talking about 97 shows....so i wonder if he is talking to B&L?

-----

GEEZ! He's been talking nonstop!! It went on for a LONG TIME! Wonder what he said.....Unchained Melody now. Just can hear a note hear and there.

-----

sooooaring through the notes... still miiiiiiine...

-----

i'll be comin' home, waiiit for meeeee. voice sounds REALLY beautiful.

-----

still miiiiiiiiiiine...oommmg!!!! i neeeed... high. screams.

low need your love....

song over, major screams!!!

Clay was chatting with the audience and reading a bunch of signs.

"My wife looks like your mom"

"Nick should have been the American Idol" (he said something like 'well I don't know how well that would have gone over...)

"This is my 97th show" ('We've done 97 shows? Does it feel like we've done 97 shows???')

asked who's been to a show before, who's been to cleveland before, crowd kept going nuts.

was starting UM and someone walked in his lighting and he gave them a hard time. (it threw him off and he did his intro of the song all over again)

his voice is UNBELIEVABLY good tonight

-----

'love me tender.' guy just yelled 'go clay' lol. he definitely gets better with this song as the tour progresses. he doesn't sound quite so petrified.

-----

Love me Tender now....

Fulfilled...feathered off so tenderly and longingly...GAH!

-----

oh God i can just imagine him shaking his hips... i think the audience is dying... omg. hump that mic stand baby! ride it like ang... never mind.

jailhouse rock!

-----

Heartbreak Hotel now and tons of screaming!!!! He must be shakin' his booty!!! Jailhouse Rock now!

-----

Major OMG'ing from the cellstream reporters during the Elvis medley

-----

Jailhouse Rock....oh my lord and Gods going on...

more insane screaming...

Only Fools Rush In...low note Clay...sends me thrumming away....

Take my hand....take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you.....

Now screaming and Suspicous Minds!!!

-----

60s intro

-----

daydream believer and a hoooomecoming queen... when you're alone life is makin' you lonely you can always go... DOWNTOWN. he sounds.. joyous.

-----

Can't buy me love

Greeted with lots of screams and laughs

-----

HAHAHAH doing 'can't buy me love' now. i assume he's doing the demented, possessed head convulsing right now because people are cracking up.

-----

Lots of laughter...and an oh my...what is he doing during Sugar Sugar????? Hoots...

Doing something that sneak...

-----

LOTS of laughs, OMGs, squeels and screams during Happy Together

-----

Solitaire

Solitaire is recieved in silence.....

His voice is beautiful.....he's really developed this tour.....from the beginning.....

Held the glory note forever.......or 12 seconds according to the clockage....

Deep passionate notes.....filling the night sky....

Crowd on their feet.....

-----

Final solitaire, holding forever, loudest screams I've heard so far,

Where Did OUr Love Go now

-----

audience needs some cooling down after what they just experienced. solitaire sounded incredible.

-----

He is soooo on tonight! The crowd is so entertained!

-----

Motown

-----

lots of response to Clay's Pips steps...

My Girl now

-----

'my girl.' crowd sounds really excited tonight.

-----

Tears of a Clown...

When there's no one around (real growly low there...)

-----

Rescue Me

Heard it Through the Grapevine, I think

-----

I'll Be There

...reach out, reach out to meeeeeeeee

-----

I'll be there....

(insane screams met this song...)

-----

Angie's rockin out Freedom!!!!

-----

freeeeeedom sounds awesome

-----

talking... MAJOR yelling and woohoo's... i think he's teasing angela about something.

Pip Search!

Can't understand him, crowd laughing and screaming....

Lots of groups during Motown......the man can't talk....the girls are screaming him down.....

Just exactly what are you looking at?.... he says to someone in the audience...

They're still laughing......

Reading the signs I think, they're roaring again....

I assume he is looking for a guy, but can't hear a thing - just hear him talking a mile a minute!!! It's going on a LONG time again! He's chatty tonight!!!

-----

advised someone to take a valium?

-----

i think he's in the audience now... he just asked someone what their name was. everyone is cracking up. he must be snarking on the lucky guy.

clay what the HECK are you saying sweetheart? why don't you pick up the phone and just bring it with you, then i could hear you perfectly.

this is like an improv. stand-up routine AND a concert now -- LOVE it !

giving the mic to someone -- guy & girl ?

Solitaire says he looks "adorable".....wonder if she knows she's reported that every single time she's called me....but I report what I hear.....

He's Adorable!!!

And very chatty tonight, she says his voice is incredible tonight.......... like it wasn't the last 24 nights!!!!

-----

he's STILL blabbing away and i can't understand a single word.

at least he sounds sexy.

-----

I think he finally found a guy ? Jeff

Ain't No Moutain High Enough

Cellstream report:

Brandilyne wants to kidnap the pants, take them to her S&M dungeon and make them do her bidding. Apparently, she has noticed Clay's thigh muscles through them.

Brandi reports that Clay is a laugh riot.

-----

nice pants

Sugar-Sugar -- mike in one havnd, hugging her from behind with other hand around her stomach .. . does same thing to Quiana -- very cute

Happy Together -- they're all over him, had them in head locks, leg logs . . pretty funny

Making a lot of funny faces

-----

Intermission... kay said he was walking on people's chairs and like bumping into people because people kept crowding the aisles so he was trying to go around them and he almost knocked people over. LMFAO.

apparently he was like directly behind her in the row behind her and she stood on her chair and took amazing video clack. so yay.

she said the back of the venues... the bleachers... are pretty empty. very scattered seats.

someone had binoculars in the front row and clay was like 'can you see my buggers?' lol.

-----

Brandi thinks Clay is the most beautiful person ever.

Clay is doing the "Sugar, Sugar" thing with Angela. Clay had his free arm snaking around Angela, hugging her, squeezing her, etc. Angela put her hand on his hand was trying to pull his fingers back, or squeezing his hand, or something. She was giggling. Clay did the same thing to Quiana, she reacted the same way.

As soon as Clay sits down, A&Q were ALL over him. Quiana buried her head in his lap?! He caressed her head. Angela had her hands all through his hair, etc. A&Q sort of competed with each other. Clay had his arms around both of them, holding them really tight, and then spread-eagled his legs on top of them. Eventually, Clay had A&Q in a headlock AND a leglock tonight.

Apparently, Clay is making the cutest faces tonight.

Two women in the front row showed up dressed like men, with beards -- took off their disguises after Clay selected the audience member, so I guess it was a ploy to get Clay to pick them.

-----

Clay did the spread eagle thing and headlock during Happy Together

-----

Hee -- lights were not coming on he says

"I KNOW we have lights -- I PAID for them"

then the spotlight moves off him and he's like ... "No, that one can stay HERE"

-----

There was some kind of problem with the lights -- at one point, the spotlight couldn't find him. Clay said, "I know we have lights, 'coss I paid for them!"

And then at one point, there was a light on him that was moved by mistake, and he said, "No, that one can stay over here!

Clay's Pips moves tonight were amazing, apparently.

There was a lady in the 4th row on the inner aisle, right side had binoculars. Clay told her to stand still -- apparently she was shaking? Clay said that her shirt says, "You're a Georgia Claymate." He read everything on her shirt, and said that he could read everything on her shirt from the stage without binoculars, so why did she need them?

"Do I have a booger? Can you see my brain? I might not have a booger now but there might be one starting for next week that you can see!"

Intermission over.

"Car Wash."

-----

Oh what a night!!!!!

-----

"December 1963" now. Clay sounding great, commanding (<------ for anyone who likes that kind of thing) the audience to applaud for the audience dancer.

-----

September

-----

Nights on Broadway

Too Much Heaven

-----

I feel the earth move

-----

Mandy

crowd screams......

Vocally perfect......crowd is silent....

In awe of his vocal cords.....

I need youuuuuu....holding "you" forever, overpowered by the crowd......

-----

GAH. Lovely "you" goes on forever at the end of that song. Huge cheers and applause as Clay sings out "Mandy." Really sounded great.

1970s banter now.

Lots of signs about what happened in the 70s

-----

BOTW

Sounds wonderful....Your mind....ease your miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnndddddddddddd...

Nails the note...wild screaming....

-----

BOTW -- Clay's voice sounding wonderfully strong.

And the glory note caps it all off, to a great response from the crowd.

Felix takes over now.

-----

WDC

says Pastor Felix has a huge wig on tonight....

He makes the crowd roar with giggles and screams every night and says the same things they've heard before.....

Here comes "our guy".......piano into begins.....Master of our Universe, Svon

-----

Screams greet WDC...and the little piano interlude...people know what's coming...

Clay has started the gospel intro to WDC.

It sounds like he is singing it in his head voice -- softer. Very nice.

There are intermittent screams from the crowd (mostly, "Wooh!"s and some appreciative whistles.

"Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam"

There's a bit of vocal riffing and piano riffing going on tonight, I think.

And the tempo kicks up.

-----

Holding Screammmmmmmmm forever.....

The ladies are getting what they want tonight.....

Me can tell......

-----

All night long

-----

Never gonna give you up

-----

Party carumba, fiesta, forever.....all night long......

Singing from his toes again.....gonna lift you up....

Here comes alone, standing by Clarance.....single spotlight...glows and the voice spans the night sky....

Simple gorgeous......."how can I get you alone...."

-----

alone... God this sounds amazing... his voice suits it perfectly.

-----

Rock with you

Rock with you

-----

Sailing...quiet...tenderly...

-----

Can't Touch This-- laughing and talking

-----

Giving the students a work out now.......scolding someone in the audience......bringing her up on stage........she's from Detroit....sounds like he's making her dance.....

Crowd is roaring......praying there is clack

Crowd is nuts......can't tell what's going on....

1990's Black Velvet......

"in that little boy's smile"

"in his sweet southern style".........

a new releigion that'll bring you to your knees.....angela screams it out......dragging her chair off.....

-----

End of the Road...gorgeous!!!!!!!

-----

Iris. I just want you to know who I am...

LLVL...crowd screaming

-----

ICMYLM

Geez...stop the whistling already...

He sounds so tender...and yearning and beautiful....

-----

Well ICMYLM sounded beautiful, though I'd like to knock out the whistlers and screamers.

-----

screams and applause as ICMYLM ends....

-----

Yeah, what I could hear of ICMYLM was lovely...but I definitely heard screams and whistles, as well. Clay got a huge response from the crowd on finishing the song, though -- it's a very energetic and appreciative crowd tonight.

Quiana singing IWALY now. Several screams in the crowd for her, as well.

-----

here we go... sing it quiana!!!!!!!!!!!! amazing voice, that girl needs a record contract NOW.

-----

Band intro

-----

Intro's now......

Just introduced Jacob twice I think......

Not sure if that was the Aiken Random Introduction Generator or a joke......

-----

Huge response for Quiana.

Clay introduced Quiana. Then Angela, and Jacob. Having a hard time hearing what Clay is saying exactly, but I heard the URL for the Vocal Corner Store (Shop?).

Saying something that made people laugh.

Introducing Andy Abad, lengthy banter with Clarence -- I can't for the life of me make out what Clay said. Clay introduced Daniel, now chatting with Maureen. Turning to Felix -- Clay said something that made people cheer/scream. Ah, no -- Clay is playing all of the instruments. Hee!! Now introducing S'von.

-----

Clay is playing all the instrument of each band member as he introduces them

-----

IWCY

TW now. Huge screams as Clay starts singing.

-----

The Way......beautiful.....the way that you move me drew a flower for him from the audience.....

WYSYLM.......familiar guitar cords and beat.....doing good so far....nailed the lyrics......

-----

WYSYLM -- audience clapping along.

Looks like we're all clear on the lyrics! Because, as Clay reminded us last night, he knows this song. *g*

-----

1000 days

-----

No Stump the Band, but 1000 Days is perfect.....wailing and Angie's quiet so far......

Rockin' on his Stool.....he wants off that stool, I know it!!!!

-----

Sounds as if the audience is singing along.

-----

"1000 Days"

Clay's voice sounding really powerful on this. Ah, I love the bridge of this song, and the riffing on the last chorus of the song.

Huge response -- cheers, whistles, screams, everything, as the sound ends.

BFM

Hang on Canada!!!! It's got to be tomorrow night for sure!!! They heard him rehearsing again today.....You're a shoe in!!!!

-----

Wow, you can really hear the crowd singing along to BFM...

-----

There is some effect on Clay's mic on the verses of BFM, I think -- emphasizes the enunciation of every word on the verses -- the way we heard the song on GMA. The effect is taken off for the chorus, when Clay is wailing.

Clay singing the verses perfectly tonight, to my ears, anyway.

Tonight sounds like an especially powerful rendition of BFM.

The crowd sounds really into it, as well.

-----

Invisible....

If I was Invisible...If I could just watch you in your room...

He musta tugged...wild screams...

Crowd singing to him...I love this....

-----

"Invisible" rocked.

Crowd is out-of-control screaming, WOOH-ing, whistling, cheering, clapping -- just really, really, really loud. Did I mention loud.

-----

Spike reported the floor was full but bleachers were pretty empty. The dancer was really wild during Car Wash.

-----

Brandi is now singing "We Built This City" to us.

The Scene Pavillion is right on the lake. A transparent black netting hung over the back of the stage, so you could see the whole skyline on this very clear night -- the buildings were all lit up, so the scene was really pretty. The lighting was gorgeous tonight.

Quotes from Brandi:

"He is one pretty, pretty, PRETTY man."

"That man must have the tightest ass this side of the Mississippi." Brandi would sell her dog to be behind Clay during LLVL. Something about his hip-shaking during that song.